Author Topic: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model  (Read 16235 times)

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2024, 04:57:25 PM »
I'm going to test after a full refill driving in B in town and let's see what happens

Thats  the best idea.  If you get results  can you update the post? 

I would argue that driving gently in town in D mode , coming off the throttle sooner  when traffic ahead has stopped, and gliding gently to a stop with minimal need to brake  can be just as fuel efficient  as  B mode.   In B mode you tend to stay on the throttle until experience tells you  the regenerative braking will bring you to a stop in the remaining distance.   But will the gains from this  regenerative braking outweigh having possibly used the throttle a bit longer?   
Sure, I'm going to update this post driving for the most  in B mode.
My doubt is that when in B, the throttle would consume more fuel because the braking effect is still present during the drive and that's could be less efficient in term of economy. Let's see what happens

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk
As soon as you use the throttle in B, the additional braking effect is reduced or cancelled completely. So do not worry about using more fuel in B; it is a clever system!

IceJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz Advance
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2024, 05:03:07 PM »

As soon as you use the throttle in B, the additional braking effect is reduced or cancelled completely. So do not worry about using more fuel in B; it is a clever system!

Great! Thank you Marco

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk

Honda Jazz /Mk4/ Advance

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2024, 05:05:01 PM »
Over 38,000 + something Miles I have done an average of 62.5 mpg which I think is excellent . That’s all types of driving  town city country lanes motorways mountain passes - and virtually all in D eco mode . My driving is a mix of going out to enjoy the journey and not rushing about to the opposite end of  scale taking full advantage of the quick electric motor to deliver some speeding ticket times ….!!  My two extreme mpgs have gone from 43 on motorway to 130 mpg driving across Birmingham in rush hour !

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2024, 07:37:30 PM »
Over 38,000 + something Miles I have done an average of 62.5 mpg which I think is excellent . That’s all types of driving  town city country lanes motorways mountain passes - and virtually all in D eco mode . My driving is a mix of going out to enjoy the journey and not rushing about to the opposite end of  scale taking full advantage of the quick electric motor to deliver some speeding ticket times ….!!  My two extreme mpgs have gone from 43 on motorway to 130 mpg driving across Birmingham in rush hour !

I guess your style of motoring is similar to my own, except I don't do mountain passes.
I generally stick to the speed limits, but tend to put my foot down on occasion, but I don't use Eco mode at all, as I find it takes the edge off performance. My two extremes are also similar to yours.
It looks like 38k+ miles in a Mk4 represents a fair annual mileage, well done.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2024, 10:19:32 AM »
We must be distant cousins   ;D   Very similar driving  situations to me ,almost entirely in   D mode  except I seldom use econ mode. I have averaged 63.8 mpg   over 20000 miles  . But it may improve . IIRC it was showing over 65 mpg in the summer .The current average is  over 2 summers but 3 winters. 

But any difference might not all be due to colder weather. I do about half my miles on summer tyres  and half on all seasons. So there might be  a tiny difference  due to tyres.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 11:00:10 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: