Author Topic: Honda+ APP function information  (Read 819 times)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Honda+ APP function information
« on: February 10, 2024, 10:25:04 PM »
HI,
yesterday I had the opportunity to see the APP of a Toyota,
and in addition to the functions that I also saw in the Honda+ APP (closing of door windows, flashing of vehicle position in km, etc.) I saw another very interesting function which is how many kilometers traveled in electric mode and how many with the combustion engine, besides having a nice function, in Italy there are insurance companies that charge the insurance premium based on the km traveled in a year but only by the combustion engine.
To give an example, in 1 year a total of 10,000 km are travelled, but of these 3,000 km were done in electric mode, the insurance premium will only be calculated on 7,000 km.
Is there a function like this in the Honda APP?
I hope I was able to explain myself.

(Sorry for the mistakes, I used Google Translate)

tfw7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
Re: Honda+ APP function information
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 01:58:27 PM »
I do not believe there is, no - sounds useful though

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 02:44:22 PM »
The Honda e:hev would have a better score than the Toyota! Honda designed the system to charge and uncharge the battery by default, while Toyota tends to drive with lower rpm and low or no charging involved.
That said: in town you could fool the system by charging at standstill and driving only in EV mode.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 01:40:57 PM »

To give an example, in 1 year a total of 10,000 km are travelled, but of these 3,000 km were done in electric mode, the insurance premium will only be calculated on 7,000 km.

A strange way of calculating the risk. Would an EV have free insurance because its always in electric mode? ;D

I suppose they  figure a hybrid will be electric mode more often if its driven gently. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 08:12:07 PM »
... in Italy there are insurance companies that charge the insurance premium based on the km traveled in a year but only by the combustion engine.
What an outlandish idea!

As if driving in EV-mode wouldn't present any risk at all (considering how heavy genuine EVs are, the damage potential should be regarded as even bigger).

Furthermore: How on earth are they going to verify the claimed EV / combustion ratio?

Tags:

anything