Author Topic: Reliability 3years old and beyond  (Read 23843 times)

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Re: Reliability 3years old and beyond
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2024, 09:18:44 AM »
I'm always getting confused about the five year package, that some buyers obtained for free early in the MK 4 sales.  Its 5 year warranty, 5 year service, and 5 year recovery - right?
I've got it but thought it was just servicing and recovery, don't believe it includes any warranty

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2024, 09:28:21 AM »
It depends whether you also purchased, included in deal or not , the extra 2 year guarantee. If not , I doubt you have 2 years extra breakdown cover, but it will all be with your paperwork when you bought the car.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2024, 08:49:37 AM »
I would assume that warranty coverage includes the HondaCare recovery in event of a problem. In addition, unless it's changed recently, dealers could arrange a year of HondaCare as part of a service at no additional cost if requested to do so.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 09:10:24 AM »
It depends whether you also purchased, included in deal or not , the extra 2 year guarantee. If not , I doubt you have 2 years extra breakdown cover, but it will all be with your paperwork when you bought the car.
When I bought the car it was a 6-month old demonstrator that came with the service pack, I didn't get any paperwork but I've had no problems getting the free servicing. The breakdown cover is always given on request if you have a service anyway.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2024, 09:24:21 AM »
When I bought the car it was a 6-month old demonstrator that came with the service pack, I didn't get any paperwork but I've had no problems getting the free servicing. The breakdown cover is always given on request if you have a service anyway.
As already reported on here on different blogs, the specific entitlement to these things is vague. When I bought my wife’s car the paperwork came afterwards direct via Honda and stated exactly what you have. That is the only thing you can rely on and I think people need to check if it applies to them. To assume you are covered because you have free , included 5 year servicing, may not be the case after the 3 year warranty has expired. I would only accept such conditions if I had proof of the cover in writing, as the risk is otherwise too great , for me anyway.

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2024, 03:47:46 PM »
As already reported on here on different blogs, the specific entitlement to these things is vague. When I bought my wife’s car the paperwork came afterwards direct via Honda and stated exactly what you have. That is the only thing you can rely on and I think people need to check if it applies to them. To assume you are covered because you have free , included 5 year servicing, may not be the case after the 3 year warranty has expired. I would only accept such conditions if I had proof of the cover in writing, as the risk is otherwise too great , for me anyway.

I agree. I bought the 5 year service plan and have that in writing. Everything else is as per the handbook which is 3 years; lithium battery etc having a longer warranty.

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2024, 06:35:07 PM »
My purchase documents say I have a service plan until 2027. I don't have any other documents saying what the plan includes or what the terms and  conditions are. I did have a verbal confirmation that I have Honda recovery,  I may have to chase my dealer for something in black and white.  >:(

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2024, 09:07:52 AM »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2024, 10:18:04 AM »
The terms and conditions for the service plan are shown here:

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/Terms-and-conditions/AUTO%20SERVICE%20PLAN%20(HMS)%20FIVE%20(F2F)%20Dec%202023.pdf
These are the conditions for the service  plan only.   

What I  got free   by taking out the Honda Finance  (paid off early)  was the Honda 5 year care package

This consists of three elements  -

1) The 5 year service plan   . 5 years, or 62500 miles   whichever comes first

2) Warranty.  5 years   or 90,000 miles.  Made up of the standard 3 year manufactures warranty plus two years  Honda extended warranty   (  I think parts  directly related to the hybrid technology  already have a manufacturers warranty longer than 3 years)

3)  Hondacare assistance     -5 years or 90000 miles.     This gives  AA  assistance at home ,roadside and recovery.etc.

I think why many are still a bit confused is the extensive paperwork for this  Care package only arrives in the post about 3 months later. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:21:43 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2024, 10:31:07 AM »
[quote ] from  Lord Voltermore
What I  got free   by taking out the Honda Finance  (paid off early)  was the Honda 5 year care package
[/quote]

My Service plan was free too, but I paid outright for the car.

Never got a care package and it's been well over 3 months now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:34:01 AM by CB72 »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2024, 10:37:09 AM »
If you took out the finance option you got 5 years servicing, warranty and AA Honda care

The interest on the minimum £5k over 2 years finance was well below and a no brainer at the time
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2024, 11:25:37 AM »
You can chose to buy packages separately yourself.    Your  dealer may have included it free  out of their own profit as a sales incentive  , thereby giving you a benefit 'worth' £799, at much less cost to themselves.   I dont know if this  included  extended warranty and Hondacare     

Several reported the delay  in paperwork coming through for the  care package when  it came free as part of the Honda finance deal.  My dealer told me the were only sent out  in occasional batches when they had enough (not sure if by Honda Finance or the independent warranty administrators)    .  Maybe  your situation fell through the cracks because its was assumed you had already been 'sold' the package and been given T+C paperwork by the dealer. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2024, 03:37:39 PM »
The terms and conditions for the service plan are shown here:

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/Terms-and-conditions/AUTO%20SERVICE%20PLAN%20(HMS)%20FIVE%20(F2F)%20Dec%202023.pdf
These are the conditions for the service  plan only.   

This consists of three elements  -

1) The 5 year service plan   . 5 years, or 62500 miles   whichever comes first

2) Warranty.  5 years   or 90,000 miles.  Made up of the standard 3 year manufactures warranty plus two years  Honda extended warranty   (  I think parts  directly related to the hybrid technology  already have a manufacturers warranty longer than 3 years)

3)  Hondacare assistance     -5 years or 90000 miles.     This gives  AA  assistance at home ,roadside and recovery.etc.

I think why many are still a bit confused is the extensive paperwork for this  Care package only arrives in the post about 3 months later.
The 5-year Care Plan includes the 5-year service plan and 2-years extended warranty:

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/cars/Terms-and-conditions/AUTO%20CARE%20PACKAGE%20(HMG)%20Honda%205%20year%20Care%20Package%20Dec%202023%201.pdf

The HondaCare assistance is available to anyone having their car serviced at a Honda dealer on request

Tags: