Author Topic: How do I deactivate passenger airbag in 2016 honda jazz?  (Read 1674 times)

ChasingDopamine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz S I-VTEC 2016
How do I deactivate passenger airbag in 2016 honda jazz?
« on: June 02, 2023, 02:56:52 PM »
Does anyone know how I can deactivate and reactivate my front passenger airbags for when I want my dog or a human in the front seat?

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
Re: How do I deactivate passenger airbag in 2016 honda jazz?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 03:47:56 PM »
I don't think you can.
If there is a keyhole in the side of the dash on the passenger side to activate & deactivate then you are in luck.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 04:13:59 PM »
I don't think you can.
There must be. A small baby MUST be carried in the front seat and the airbag MUST be de-activated to do so.

Just checked. Page 52 of the manual. It is on the end of the dash panel accessed with the door open.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:19:16 PM by Jocko »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »
Does anyone know how I can deactivate and reactivate my front passenger airbags for when I want my dog or a human in the front seat?
Manufacturers usually write and put a handbook in the car for this and other things to know.
Honda is not an exception.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 04:57:36 PM »
open passenger front door and there is a keyhole on the side of the dash (you cant miss it) turn it with your ignition key and the light should stay on all the time on the dash near the hazzard warning button
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:59:07 PM by monkeydave »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 05:25:21 PM »
It looks like this

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2023, 07:00:41 PM »
Manufacturers usually write and put a handbook in the car for this and other things to know.
Not every used car comes with a manual. The last three cars I bought certainly didn't. I bought one for my Volvo and was able to download manuals for my Jazz and Skoda.
Honda has manuals here: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html free to download.

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 08:05:04 AM »
I don't think you can.
There must be. A small baby MUST be carried in the front seat and the airbag MUST be de-activated to do so.

Just checked. Page 52 of the manual. It is on the end of the dash panel accessed with the door open.
If you read my post you will see that I said "if there is a keyhole in the dash............."

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 02:21:36 PM »
Not every used car comes with a manual. The last three cars I bought certainly didn't. I bought one for my Volvo and was able to download manuals for my Jazz and Skoda.
Honda has manuals here: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html free to download.
In this case, the new owner should look for the user manual as soon as possible. A car is not a vacuum cleaner, the driver must know WELL how it works, lights, climate, defog, airbags, safety features, manteinance...

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2023, 04:46:31 PM »
If you read my post you will see that I said "if there is a keyhole in the dash............."
Yes I did see that. What I intimated was that if there was not a keyhole in the dash there had to be a method somehow to disable it.
I then checked the manual, saw there was a keyhole and edited my post to add that information.

Tags:

anything