Author Topic: Honda Stepwgn.  (Read 1655 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Honda Stepwgn.
« on: March 01, 2023, 10:22:32 PM »
I am not aware of having seen a Honda Stepwgn (Stepwagon) before but my neighbour has two sitting in his drive. He does up cars as a bit of a part-time business. I checked to see what they were on the MOT site. One is an MOT failure with a long list of issues and the other has less than a month of MOT left. Both bodies look good though.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Honda Stepwgn.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 09:31:40 AM »
I think they were only available as 'grey imports' imported  independently from Japan so probably quite rare  in the UK.     Getting spare parts may be  a challenge so the second one may be intended as a donor car .

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
Re: Honda Stepwgn.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 12:41:40 PM »
Honda have made some interesting domestic market models that never reached the UK - from watching a recent episode of 'The Late Brake Show' on YouTube, where Jonny Smith reviews his own Honda Element which he has recently purchased (admittedly an American made Honda, but sold for a couple of years in Japan, and based on the CRV), I believe that the Stepwagon is also loosely based on the CRV (for the earlier versions, prior to 2010, anyway). Some parts therefore may not be too hard to find in the UK.

I think the Stepwagon is an interesting car - relatively compact, can seat up to 8 people on some versions, has a flat floor thoughout and the rear seats can be folded and removed completely. There's quite a few for sale if you look around. They should also be reliable. I like the look of the JDM 'MPVs' with their boxy styling and practical interiors. I would have one over a supposedly practical SUV any day.

Tags:

anything