Author Topic: Au revoir  (Read 1115 times)

DCrofter

• Registered Member
  • My other car is a Honda
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar & S2000
Au revoir
« on: January 31, 2023, 01:22:56 PM »
It is time to say farewell to my Crosstar and good luck to its new owner. It has been a very enjoyable car to own, but when at the height of second hand values I was offered all my purchase money back after two years ownership in part exchange for the new Civic E-HEV, I had to admit it was a no brainer.

The thing I will probably miss the most is its incredible fuel economy. During my ownership, which only came to 14,000 miles, the first year being restricted by Covid lockdowns, I achieved a real (calculated from keeping a log) 63.79 m.p.g. by maintaining a gentle right foot approach, rarely going over 64mph and maximum use of regen braking.

And who needs dials on the dash?  The Jazz design has it just right.
I have now gone full circle - Civic - Accord - CRV - Jazz - Civic.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Au revoir
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »
How soon is the Civic expected ?

I'm seeing reports about Civics ordered early Jan not expected till August.
Let's be careful out there !

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 03:44:29 PM »
I think your part ex is brilliant and I can fully understand why. I drive my wife’s Hybrid Jazz more that her and booked a test drive in the new civic. There are many things about it that I loved, the drivetrain particularly, but my wife instantly did not like the ride, she could feel every bump , although we did have a Sport on test if that makes any difference.
It is of course much lower down, and a truly competent car, but when we got back in the Jazz, we both felt we preferred everything about it. Not felt like that about a new car before.
I’m sure you will love your new acquisition, good luck.

DCrofter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 10:14:22 AM »
Thank-you for your good wishes.

I was in two minds at some points, I have owned an S2000 for 17 years as my plaything and am used to a road hugging ride although I now limit the miles and weather conditions I do in it and the Jazz was my sensible carbon offsetting drive for most journeys. The Civic won it on the smoother drive train and handling. I don't think the version will make any significant difference to the ride quality, I test drove the Sport and ordered the Advanced, have had it 10 days, but haven't pushed it too hard (yet). The Jazz is still a superb example of a car in its class.

DCrofter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »
How soon is the Civic expected ?

I'm seeing reports about Civics ordered early Jan not expected till August.

I ordered mine September 2022 and collected it last week Jan 2023. I understand the wait is getting longer and trade in values have now dipped a bit.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 11:21:42 AM »
Enjoy your new Civic.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 11:31:22 AM »
I had a civic for a short time as a loan car.  I agree its ,low, sleek and physically bigger on the road. As you might expect from a  2 litre engine vs 1.5 litre its a bit nippier and quieter than the Jazz if you take full advantage of higher end  performance levels.  A nice car.     

I was a bit worried I might be disappointed  going back to the  Jazz. But like Whiteshark I was not. The Jazz feels almost as roomy inside,in a much more compact body shell, albeit a  boxier shape. The Jazz has  better visibility through the windscreen and back window.  And its performance more than enough for my normal needs and fast overtakes.  Its personal preference of course but I felt no need to upgrade to a civic. But I wouldnt say no if there are some refinements that can be carried over to the next Jazz.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:35:27 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

DCrofter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 12:48:58 PM »
I have seen some press articles saying there is going to be sportier Jazz in the offering with a tweaked up drive train. Could be interesting to see how the Jazz develops and agree it is still a fine choice.

I see this Civic as my last stepping stone before adopting a different fuel system for my next car, such as all electric when the battery technology and infrastructure have matured further and body design may have also moved on by then.

P.S.  It still has the overly sensitive Road Departure mitigation system switching on every time you start the car, but engaging the regenerative braking is easier as I don't have to switch a lever between D & B. I cannot understand why they designed the Jazz such that it will not go into cruise with the shift lever in the B position - its only software after all.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 01:29:39 PM »
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: