Author Topic: Airbox removal?  (Read 655 times)

herut

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 jazz hybrid
Airbox removal?
« on: June 26, 2022, 09:42:58 AM »
2012 Jazz Hybrid 1.3.
I removed bolts, unfastened clips, loosened clamp around throttle body, and succeeded in sliding sirbox/filter assembly to the right to clear the TB. But I cannot for the life of me get that assembly out! It appears a rubber baffle attached to the right end of airbox simply won't clear the brake reservoir. I'm attaching a picture (before loosening, and shifting right the assembly.) Any ideas? Thanks
Jeff

Henryge

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 43.3
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 litre 2014 ivtec
Re: Airbox removal?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 11:33:08 AM »
Hi There,
 Are you trying to remove all of the unit i.e cover and base of air filter or do you want to change
              air filter only?, Because the air filter unit cover is just in the picture bottom left corner, remove that                                                                                  first then you can remove the rest of the unit towards airfilter space.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 11:57:42 AM »
Maybe it doesnt. Easy enough in the factory  to fit the box before the reservoir and dealerships dont mind charging you for the extra work  (Reservoir dogs  ;D )

But why do you want to remove it?   If you are hoping to improve Performance  by fitting a cone filter or something  you may be disappointed with the result unless its part of a well researched and proven  upgrade.  .  If this is your plan try to avoid  smashing it up to get it out.  And dont throw it away.   Some modifiers find performance worse after such mods, or noisier, or it causes problem with ECU metering and needs reverting back to standard.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

herut

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 jazz hybrid
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 03:21:42 PM »
Honestly, it was to clean the TB (which I did with switch ON and brick on the DBW pedal); but now I want to spray CRC or Seafoam intake valve cleaner into the TB with engine running, and that's hard to do. Or, if I can fit spray straw in (without pinching it) and attach airbox/intake hose while I empty the can, I suppose I could do that.
If anybody knows of an accessible vac hose, let me know. As far as I can tell, brake booster vac line is waaaay around back. Hard to get at like rear plugs, everything else on this engine.

Tags: