Author Topic: Ownerhip Confirmation email  (Read 1064 times)

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
Ownerhip Confirmation email
« on: June 22, 2022, 08:02:29 AM »
I've just received an email from Honda-eu.com headed 'Ownership confirmation. It's asking me to request a passcode which will then be displayed on the infotainment screen on the Honda for ten minutes which I then have to enter into the My Honda app+.  Failing to do so within the next 14 days will suspend my account.

Is this for real?  If so why are Honda making it such a faff and why do it anyway after just 6 months ownership.  Why not just ask a yes/no question?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Ownerhip Confirmation email
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »
I had similar on my Civic after I had the dongle fitted.

Every year I had to start the car to get an internet connection, that often took over 15 mins. Then I had to open the app and start the engine when it told me to.

When the dealer forgot to activate telematics I didn't complain. When I have my service in August I'll ask for variable to be turned off but I won't be mentioning telematics. My main reason is I don't want updates to be automatically applied. I'm happy manually checking and then I'll wait for any reports here although a serv8ce will likely update anyway.

Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 09:01:12 AM »
Must admit i have put these telemetric plus apps and stuff on a back burner and largely ignored them.  To me, if the car has them fitted  it should be free for life.  (Unless Honda have to pay staff to operate it),     But Honda are not alone in this kind of thing

Recently read of a Mercedes's  driver who was done for drink driving after he crashed  the car.  The car automatically phoned 999 to report the crash  ;D

The Newspaper reported this in a "Mercedes Grasses up driver" tone, as if  its perfectly acceptable to drive whilst drunk, (or commit other crimes)  as long as you dont get caught.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 09:12:04 AM »

sportse

• Approved Member
Ownerhip Confirmation email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 09:28:09 AM »
I’ve had it several times, the app will ask for it every few months to confirm ownership.

FYI basic telematics is free for the first owner of a new car, but you have to pay £30 odd a year for the travel update that records your mpg for trips.

Also FYI, the second owner onwards will be paying £80 a year for basic plus travel!

I found this out when my telematics unit managed to delete itself and reset (supposed to be impossible unless you plug in a Honda dealer computer, but mine did it)

Luckily after a few days the dealer managed to convince Honda that I was the first owner and restore the remaining balance of my subscription.

R2D3

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 04:49:53 PM »
Than you all.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 09:25:47 PM »
No telematics supplied or active for Honda Jazz hybrids in NewZealand.
I am happy about this as often such enhancements turn out in real life to be encumbrances.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 10:04:18 AM »
No telematics supplied or active for Honda Jazz hybrids in NewZealand.
I am happy about this as often such enhancements turn out in real life to be encumbrances.

Do you still have the SOS button in the roof in NZ?

I think it might have GPS, so it can phone for help if you crash or push the red button.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 09:58:14 PM »
I cannot find any mention of an SOS button on the roof in the manual index under 'Emergency' or 'SOS". I checked the chapter "Handling the Unexpected" and it did not mention this.

For Navigation the NZ Jazz has:
* Compass in the Audio Information panel, or
* Turn by Turn Directions - refer to Android Auto or Apple Carplay
so GPS is not part of the car's software package.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 01:31:54 PM »
It might just be for European models - it's called Emergency Call (eCall) page 386 on my manual.

For models that have it, it automatically uploads your position and direction of travel when activated.

Tags: