Author Topic: Turning the screen off  (Read 1069 times)

BlueMonday

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2019 1.3 i-VTEC CVT
Turning the screen off
« on: June 14, 2022, 05:05:23 PM »
I am not sure of the exact model I have as I am waiting for the V5C to arrive.
It did say 1.3 i-VTEC S on the dealer paperwork.

I saw the screen in the middle of the dashboard and thought it was a Navigation System, I also have a Navigation System manual with the Owners Manual, but it now looks like it is only a CD/radio and clock.

I know how to turn the radio on and off but is it possible to turn the screen off completely as there is a clock on the instrument cluster and I hardly ever use the radio?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 05:17:21 PM by BlueMonday »
2019 Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC CVT

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Turning the screen off
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:40:51 PM »
Mk3's with onboard satnav have "Navi" as part of the model name.

To turn the screen off, use the brightness button (contains sun & moon symbols). That should toggle between daytime, nighttime, and off settings. I think that might still leave the clock active on the screen (haven't tested it myself), because you'll lose the one on the right-hand multi-info display when you use cruise control or the speed limiter.

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 08:15:23 PM »
Thank-you for explaining about the sat nav, now it all makes sense :)

You are correct, I was able to turn the screen off with the brightness button, the clock is left but that is fine.
My previous car (not a Honda) was almost 19 years old and there seems to be so much more to learn about this car. I assume there is a lot more for the battery to do on modern cars, is the Jazz battery known to be reliable and last many years.

My previous car still has the original battery.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 10:17:04 PM »
...is the Jazz battery known to be reliable and last many years.

My car was new in 2015 and is on the original battery.

You may find that the Idle-Stop system stops working, showing a symbol suggesting there's a battery problem. For me, that seems to happen every winter, so I think it's caused by a combination of low temperatures and shorter journeys. But the system comes back every spring so it really doesn't indicate a failing battery.

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 06:01:43 PM »
Thank-you for the information.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 08:26:03 AM »
...is the Jazz battery known to be reliable and last many years.

My car was new in 2015 and is on the original battery.

You may find that the Idle-Stop system stops working, showing a symbol suggesting there's a battery problem. For me, that seems to happen every winter, so I think it's caused by a combination of low temperatures and shorter journeys. But the system comes back every spring so it really doesn't indicate a failing battery.

Its not just the Jazz.  My daughters Fiesta does the same and I think its a normal feature of many stop/start cars.  The sytem doesnt operate until the car has warmed up enough to make starts easy and reliable.  In winter this may take a long time.   Also if you are in stop/ start traffic for a long time ,with lots of starts, but not enough engine running time to keep the battery charged, the system may shut down.   The Battery may still be ok for a long time yet  in normal situations,  but the older it gets these shut downs may occur sooner and more often.    And to cope  with the extra demands of  stop/start at all requires a more expensive type of battery . >:(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:28:22 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: