Author Topic: Price for Crosstar  (Read 1874 times)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Price for Crosstar
« on: June 13, 2022, 04:54:52 PM »
Crosstar list price for twotone surf blue/black today it is 27k. Gone up a lot in just one year!

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Price for Crosstar
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 05:34:18 PM »
Changing mine in September

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:34:34 PM »
Even the price on a basic EX with metallic paint is £24,600 now!

Up £2k since last year.

Some car magazines were saying the new Civic would start from £23/£24k! Many people actually expect £30/32k now.

The local dealer where I get my car serviced has a HRV on the forecourt, but it is a top spec one at £34k!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 06:27:01 PM »

I really don't consider my EX with metallic paint (Premium Sunlight White Pearl) very "basic".... Do you?
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 07:24:24 PM »
27K for a Crosstar is a waste of money, An EX is far better value, has all the bells and whistles that you want and at least one that you don't, (RDMS).
I just don't understand why people pay the extra for a Crosstar, which is really just an EX in drag!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 08:46:48 PM »

I really don't consider my EX with metallic paint (Premium Sunlight White Pearl) very "basic".... Do you?

According to Honda it's the bottom of their range car :( Some manufacturers don't even have that. I used to have a Volvo V40, retail was £22k when new but the replacement of a similar spec was an XC40 at £34k so had to leave the brand.

They will likely be promoting HRV and Civic as well as new CRV - there is more profit in those cars.

Sadly many manufacturers seem to be dropping standard hatchbacks and moving towards only SUV style cars.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 08:48:52 PM »
I just don't understand why people pay the extra for a Crosstar, which is really just an EX in drag!

I would say in Tupperware...  :P

...and you don't get Blind Spot Information and the Cross Traffic Monitor.
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 08:53:17 PM »
27K for a Crosstar is a waste of money, An EX is far better value, has all the bells and whistles that you want and at least one that you don't, (RDMS).

I've spent a week driving the crosstar while my EX was broken at the dealers with the infotainment issues.

They do drive a bit differently. If my loan crosstar was typical then perhaps they are tuned to deliver more low down power but at the expense of higher performance.

The crosstar I had was much more responsive than my EX around town, but merging onto the motorway up a slight hill from 50-70mph it just wouldn't accelerate much... whereas my EX would have been a lot better.

My Volvo V40 was an XC version - the same as the crosstar is to the EX, with a 1" suspension lift and some plastic panels. I chose it over the standard V40, but the price difference was hardly anything whereas Honda is really pushing the extra on the crosstar now.

If the cost difference was £1k people might choose it more, but the difference is now £2k to start with.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 08:54:12 PM »

I would say in Tupperware...  :P

...and you don't get Blind Spot Information and the Cross Traffic Monitor.

I really missed the blind spot monitor when I was driving the loan car crosstar - it's one of the best features and the reason I chose an EX over an SR.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 05:41:33 AM »
I spent some time comparing the Crosstar and EX in the showroom so the electronics differences didn't feature at that stage

For me the Crosstar had extra size I didn't need, would make cleaning the roof needing a stepstool. I wasn't impressed with the interior waterproof material and I didn't like the exterror plastic trim. My Civics have all had wheel arch plastics and they do fade and look unsightly over time.

I know I'm alone in this but the non availability of mudflaps and the posts here about no engine undertray was also a factor.
Let's be careful out there !

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 08:21:33 AM »
It's a matter of personal preference. I always preferred the look of the Crosstar whereas the saloon looks very plain. I prefer the alloys with no plastic bits, the interior design (with seats that don't split at the edges) and as an added bonus they seem to hold their price better than the other models (I've had mine for over a year and could sell it for a decent profit). I also love the two-tone paint and the enhanced audio system.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 08:57:56 AM »

May I ask why you are changing so soon?

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2022, 02:22:40 PM »
I have been offered a deal I can’t refuse. Without going into detail it is costing me nothing.
Car is fine only issues I have had with it was a faulty EGR valve and issue with infotainment system that were both fixed without issue
So I pick up another Crosstar sometime in September

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2022, 02:54:14 PM »
Costing you nothing, interesting how they can perform a straight swap, old for new.
Let's be careful out there !

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2022, 02:59:29 PM »
I'm amazed a dealer would do this for you for no charge - you should tell us all their name!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 03:06:57 PM by Hugh R »

Tags:

anything