Author Topic: Jazz awards  (Read 3773 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz awards
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2022, 12:30:25 PM »

I've had a new Infotainment screen also. It was just the front panel not the actual unit.

You’ve had the front & I’ve had the back :( - I don’t think I’ve ever had an infotainment failure before on any other manufacturers cars.

Even including old cars going back as far as 2011 with built in units/screens/sat nav.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 12:59:38 PM »
...Mine worked fine, just had a rattle they traced to the screen.
swapped with one from a new car they had in apparently.
they still 'scratch' far too easily though  ???

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »
...Mine worked fine, just had a rattle they traced to the screen.
swapped with one from a new car they had in apparently.
they still 'scratch' far too easily though  ???

Yes, I picked up my brand new car with 8 miles on it... and it already had scratches on the screen :(

Likely just from the 'valet' wiping it with a dirty rag, instead of the microfibre cloths I always gently use.

You can't see the scratches in normal use, only when the sun is shining through the side window onto the screen and it's dark/off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 05:12:10 PM by sportse »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2022, 07:18:43 AM »
Yes, I think Honda have dropped the ball - particularly when car magazines have problems with long term test vehicles. The same issues I've had with the safety camera failing intermittently and the infotainment unit failing

Honda should have jumped in and sorted those issues straightaway; the magazines could have then promoted Honda by saying how great they were at fixing issues and reassuring people that the brand would sort things.

Magazines have a long term car for several months, so it's easy for a manufacturer to jump in and have issues fixed before the next long term report.

Not like Honda, where whatcar had a big picture of the tester sleeping holding a clock... waiting for the infotainment unit to start up!

https://media.whatcar.com/fit-in/760x503/wc-image/2021-10/jazzscreen-02.jpg

https://www.whatcar.com/news/honda-jazz-long-term-test-review-report-4/n23665

In my case, I had to have 6 visits to the dealer for this issue alone, wait days driving a loan car, until finally they replaced the unit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:36:58 AM by sportse »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 08:21:30 AM »
...My Honda 'Gift Pack' has been on back order since October!  :o

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »
My tale of woe with the dealer fighting Honda and the 6 visits:

1) No error codes found. Advised that Honda technical required video, so I got this afterwards.

2) Honda technical advised full reset, unplugging the battery for an hour and resetting the system.

3) Still not working, took the car back for a software update - but it wouldn't download from Honda's system, so had to leave without it being done.

4) Software update finally performed, but car now worse than before

5) 6 days of tests and contact with Honda technical (I was in a service loan car) before they finally agreed a new unit was required... except there were none in the UK and one had to come from Belgium the following week.

6) New infotainment control unit fitted (£2,300 if out of warranty.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:29:09 AM by sportse »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 03:58:19 PM »
Maybe instead of 1 picture all the information about China’s Honda e:NP1 (Honda HR-V EV for Europe):
https://topelectricsuv.com/news/honda/honda-hr-v-electric-suv-europe/

If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 05:35:59 PM »
Apparently, Honda has trademarked e:NP1-9 in various markets.

New cars won't be civic/jazz/etc instead just called e:NP 1-9 model series, like BMW or VW with the 3 series or ID3.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 07:33:45 PM »
Well... this reads differently...: 2023 Honda HR-V EV (!) for Europe is China’s Honda e:NP1...
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 08:49:13 PM »
Other manufacturers want to differentiate their new EV models from the past, but Honda may not?

There are some confusing stories around… a bit like several sources assuring us that new civic would be £23k - cheaper than a Jazz!

https://insideevs.com/news/575535/honda-eny1-electric-subcompact-suv-coming-europe-2023/

Maybe they will keep HRV name for Europe but sell it as EV name in others?

sportse

• Approved Member
Jazz awards
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2022, 09:25:22 PM »
Here’s the Honda announcement about the future of Jazz, civic , etc:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2023-honda-suv-to-spearhead-new-range-of-electric-cars/n24410

The Japanese brand then plans to launch electrified replacements for the Honda Jazz small car, the Honda Civic family hatchback and the Honda NSX sports car.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 06:51:00 AM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 04:50:23 AM »
In just over 4 years when my warranty expires and I've moved, I may need no car at all or a pseudo motorised shopping trolley :)

If I do decide on something just for the supermarket car park it would only need to be a granny charger.

I certainly won't be buying anything larger than the Jazz, don't need it.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2022, 07:01:34 AM »
The future may be EV  but much of the world is no where near having the charging infrastructure to make it viable . Japan still has the option of a petrol only version of the Jazz/Fit mk 4  while Europe can only have Hybrid.   

I suspect Honda will continue making conventional versions of Jazz, civics , etc for a good few years yet  for some markets .And rather than trying to squeeze Full EV into older chassis the next move may be petrol versions of the new EV range. 

But Europe may not get the option of older designs, or petrol versions of new designs.Only Asia,Africa etc. The Jazz might be replaced by the nearest EV equivalent, like it or lump it.   In which case the last  Hybrid Jazz has advantages for those not yet able, or willing ,to go fully electric, and might be sought after.   

Whats available in the uk may also  be dictated by whats still made for the right hand drive Japanese market.   Honda have pretty much given up trying to compete with Toyota and Suzuki in India,so any 'heritage' designs still produced  for developing countries might only be available in left hand drive. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:19:58 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2022, 11:17:59 PM »
Honda has the factory in Japan that supplies Jazz hybrids to the world - my NewZealand Jazz hybrid comes from there.
 Honda also has a large factory in Thailand that supplies the Jazz 100% ICEs that are sold in New Zealand (2 models - Basic and CrossStar) - and the Honda Civic 100% ICEs that are sold in Australia.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2022, 04:18:41 AM »
I'd have opted for the NZ Jazz Luxe with brown interior but they restrict trim by country which is a shame.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: