Author Topic: Floor Mat Clips Template Available  (Read 1303 times)

RobS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
Floor Mat Clips Template Available
« on: September 19, 2020, 10:54:35 AM »
Just bought a set of Honda front floor mats and they were supplied with retaining clips for the passenger side - my Jazz S only had retaining clips fitted on drivers side. I've now fitted the clips.

I notice the clips are available separately from the mats but with no template. If anyone would like the template+instructions before I recycle it pm me your address and I'll post it to you.

wp205

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 ex navi
Re: Floor Mat Clips Template Available
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 04:24:53 PM »
same issue here, is the template still available?

RobS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 04:24:33 PM »
Sorry, long gone.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »
IIRC  the passenger side factory fitted carpeting  in  my mk4 already has the necessary slits  pre cut in the correct place  so clips can be factory fitted, or not ,depending on specification.   You may need to look closely to find the slits ,and earlier  cars may not have them.       
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 12:02:00 PM »
I thought the same.

My Jazz mats were fitted as standard but on my Civics a different dealer just put the free mats in the boot and I fitted them.

As you say, the slits were there, both sides, just needed a close look.
Let's be careful out there !

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 12:12:42 PM »
Not all Mk3 Jazz have the marked cutouts in the carpet for the clips, information in the carpet mat fitting instructions provided the template and the carpet needs to be cut in 4 places.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 02:08:21 PM »
Ah.   Personally with the information shown on this illustration I wouldnt find it difficult making my own template.  A bit more hands on  than some may be comfortable with, but so is cutting the carpet.

Cut a piece of cardboard to the shape of the floor .   Lay the cardboard in its  correct position on floor and place the mat on top in its correct position. You will need to judge for  yourself whether the mat is in the best position, without affecting pedals etc.  Mark through the turnbuckle  holes  with a pen to establish their precise locations on the template.   Remove mat  .  Lay the new clips on the template with the turnbuckles aligned with their marks . From this you can establish the location of each of the two holes needed to be cut for each clip, and the approximate size the holes needs to be. The clips may pass through with just a  slit cut rather than removing a full oblong of carpet.      Simples.    The hardest part will be cutting the holes in the carpet, but thats true whether or not you have the template.
  Just  remember the old adage ,  measure twice (or more)  ,cut once .  With a slit rather than cutting and removing a section of carpet in exactly the right position   you have a bit of wiggle room, extending the slit slightly if necessary  until the turnbuckles align exactly.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 02:21:48 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 02:48:08 PM »
I cut slits rather than remove a piece, working on the principle that it's always possible to take stuff out but far more tricky to put it back so be conservative with the blades. It's worked fine, and as said by others you just need to be careful and think about what you're doing and how the clips are going to fit.
I can't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure I put masking tape on the carpet and marked through the template, then removed the template and looked at the marks and decided exactly where to cut by offering the carpet into place and weighing it up.

Tags:

anything