Author Topic: MPG for those interested  (Read 146091 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: MPG for those interested
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2022, 02:03:07 PM »
Lots of regen braking?
No long hills.  All in D mode. Eco off.    I do try to anticipate the need to slow or stop, so maybe I'm slowing more on regen engine braking, and lighter on brakes than some. 

I think climate control was off, which will also have helped.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2022, 03:30:40 PM »
...I have Econ on (apart from for traffic light grand prix and roundabouts :D), B mode (apart from ACC) and pootle at normal speeds 30, 40, 50 etc. and  from 60 to 70ish ;) on the dual carriageway. 20 min, 17 mile journey each way to work every day, various journeys at the weekend although no great distance.
Climate control is on 99% of the time.
Car reckons I'm getting 66.9mpg at the moment. Seems to plateau occasionally but mainly slowly drops as the tank empties.
Warmer weather making a noticeable difference. Week or so ago was only 57ish.
Will see what I end up on by the end of this tank.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 02:55:17 PM by shufty »

Pixie 22

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Shining Gray
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2022, 05:11:03 PM »
I'm getting about 71mpg on a mixed roads between Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders, not exceeding 55mph.

guest9814

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2022, 05:51:44 PM »
We in Israel have now nice temperature outside - 19-21 degrees Celsius, ECO switched off used D mode in urban drive 30-50km/h ~10km trips, constantly getting from fibometer 3,1l/100km every trip, now driven 342km from full tank with average 3,2l/100km
But that 3,1l/100km can be in reality something between 3,1-3,19l/100km
Sad that I can’t switch to km/l reading….

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2022, 07:52:54 PM »
Some good mpg figures around at the moment with lots of EV running as the engine isn’t needed for heat. It’s shutting off very quickly after start.

I did a 25 mile trip today, country/urban roads 30-60 mph. 77 mpg is pretty good, not driving for economy just normal with the traffic.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #350 on: April 16, 2022, 10:23:55 PM »
Hi Sportse,
what did you do to get trip fuel consumption displayed on the Trip Meter?
Thanks

sportse

• Approved Member
MPG for those interested
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2022, 04:34:51 AM »
Hi Sportse,
what did you do to get trip fuel consumption displayed on the Trip Meter?
Thanks
It’s from the Honda app through telematics.

It’s gallons used, Honda still hasn’t updated the units and thinks it’s litres. The fuel used figure isn’t always right but mpg is.

App mpg agrees to the dash and on my car is almost spot on when compared to a full tank manual calculation.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:36:54 AM by sportse »

DJazzNZ

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV RS
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2022, 12:00:49 AM »
After having my car for 1 week, here's what I got. I'm not really technical and really do not know what "Fuel Efficiency" looks like, but here's what showing on my car.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:48:47 AM by DJazzNZ »

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2022, 12:51:33 AM »
After having my car for 1 week, here's what I got. I'm not really technical and really do not know what efficiency looks like, but here's what showing on my car.

If you're used to mpg figures, the upper image for trip B works out at 76mpg. Your ''current drive'' works out at a higher 78mpg figure.  km/pl equivalents 27 and 28 respectively. Healthy figures, I'd say.  Though, of course, that's economy rather than efficiency.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2022, 02:44:44 AM »
I find it unusual that the change from winter to summer causes so much mpg change.

I do roughly the same journey every weekend and winter has been giving me an average 60mpg whereas spring is giving me an average 70mpg.

On one particularly warm day a few weeks ago, outside temp 18C, I got almost 80mpg.

My Civics seasonal change was only about 5mpg.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2022, 08:11:20 AM »
I’m surprised the manufacturers of hybrids haven’t come up with a more efficient way to heat the cabin in winter than running the petrol engine.

My mpg has seen a big jump just recently with the warmer weather, and the car is driving much more in EV mode - very noticeable at lower speeds.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2022, 01:15:26 PM »
I'm finding the increase in mpg is quite noticeable as well. I often start off in EV mode (when the car has been used and then parked whilst going to the supermarket say). In the colder weather this never happened.

I've mentioned this before but I have found a driver on spritmonitor whose mpg is an almost perfect "bell" curve on a graph and I think I am following this example. This driver almost never got 50 mpg after November or until the following spring but peaked at over 60 mpg in the summer. He had an overall average of just over 50 mpg. I think he looks like a high mileage driver so that will be a factor if cruising at 70 mph.

I'm showing 59 mpg on my current tank. I think this will be about 55 to 56 actual.

guest9814

« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2022, 06:12:52 PM »
I’m surprised the manufacturers of hybrids haven’t come up with a more efficient way to heat the cabin in winter than running the petrol engine.

My mpg has seen a big jump just recently with the warmer weather, and the car is driving much more in EV mode - very noticeable at lower speeds.
One hybrid that uses heating elements I know but that car not selling in Europe
It’s Nissan e-Note with 1,2l petrol engine that always working as generator.

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2022, 11:34:21 AM »
I've had an EX since December 2020 and driven around 10,000 miles in it.  The mpg for last 3,000 or so miles is just over 66mpg but that figure is steadily rising - warmer weather plus slight modifications in my driving style. I seem to have settled into driving in B (figuring that the regenerative braking will reduce brake wear as well as save a little fuel) and with the econ button on.  I will often sit behind a lorry at circa 58mph for extended periods until I get bored looking at the rear of the same container, when I'll overtake.  Then I'll usually settle behind another truck for a while and repeat the process.  This makes for low-stress, reasonably economical driving for me.  Currently I'm averaging just over 70mpg. 

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #359 on: April 22, 2022, 12:06:45 PM »
Rural driving with occasional motorway to airport.
Tried tank fills with all D mode, all B mode both with econ.
Recently switched to start in B and when road allows constant speed go to D and set cruise (53mpg as this allows constant round most bends on routes used and hill sections minimises mooing) then return to B for urban times. Motorway cruise on 70mph.

This has resulted in an increase in overall mpg from new so far by about 1mpg but last fill gave highest for one fill so far of 57.31mpg.

Looks like I will settled on these methods.

Tags: