Author Topic: MPG for those interested  (Read 146731 times)

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
Re: MPG for those interested
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »
I was challenge to do 1000 Km with one tank.

Challende accepted.

Done already 1003 Km with this tank, still 225 Km autonomy ( 3 bars fuel left) and BC indicate 3.0 L average.

Long term average in 3325 Km 3.2L

Does anibody say plug-in or electric several thousand EURO  more expensive
Impressive, i did two time 989km but with 0 bars left, so I didn't felt comfortable risking 1000km, my best tank was 26km/l with AC use when needed.

sportse

• Approved Member
MPG for those interested
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »
Over nearly 2,000 miles I’m averaging around 54-58mpg.

Not bad as most of my driving is 70mph motorway on long trips. It compares to a diesel hatchback where my long term mpg was 44-47mpg on the same journeys. So about 10mpg more using cheaper fuel.

As soon as I drop below the usual 70mph cruising speed the mpg shoots up.

I did a 30 mile motorway trip recently, about half at up to 70mph and half fixed at a set 40/50mph due to roadworks. Mpg for the whole trip was 70! That was just driving normally with the rush hour traffic.

guest9814

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »
Impressive, i did two time 989km but with 0 bars left, so I didn't felt comfortable risking 1000km, my best tank was 26km/l with AC use when needed.
[/quote]
Not understand  is last bar on meter also disappears ? :o
On my Jazz low fuel warning starts when ~5l left with 50km left to 0
When 0 km remaining appears on meter I can refuel 36l
So remaining fuel is 4l

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
Last bar disappears also, I've filled up 38L after that.
I thought that the estimated range left was a little conservative as on Toyotas, so I've tried to run after that l.
I did 20-30km with 0 range, and after that went to 0 bars left on that tank, so i think it's keeping just 50-60km of margin after 0 range left.

guest9814

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2021, 10:04:06 AM »
I was challenge to do 1000 Km with one tank.

Challende accepted.

Done already 1003 Km with this tank, still 225 Km autonomy ( 3 bars fuel left) and BC indicate 3.0 L average.

Long term average in 3325 Km 3.2L

Does anibody say plug-in or electric several thousand EURO  more expensive
Awesome!!!
I can’t get 3.2l average- to many tailgaters and aggressive drivers on our roads, my best last trip 120km - 3.1l/100km with AC set to 22 C (but the sun was already low, so the air conditioner did not waste a lot of energy, outside it was 31 degrees Celsius ) with speed 70-90km/h

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »
For those interested, it's possible to do 72 miles at 43.5mpg before it runs out of puff and you have to class the AA as I delicately tested the other day.

guest9814

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2021, 06:50:04 PM »
I known it's not average consumption

And i cheating  :), when i startet this trip battery have 60% of charge and all road descents slightly, previus trip other way same road and speed limit.
No AC usage only ventilation that takes air from outside.

That average mpg from last trip A reset on full tank refill.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »
I happened to be rereading the Auto Express review of the normal Jazz… somehow they managed to average 42mpg! Less than the 50+ they got in a later review of the Crossstar.

I don’t know what they did but maybe it’s a misprint - no one else seems to have got mileage that low.

guest9814

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »
That possible if on review they drive aggressively or very short trips,  short trips especially when ICE is cold may give low MPG easily.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »
I have been forced to the conclusion that test drivers for auto magazines etc. do not once consider the reality of the vehicle they are testing. All are rated against their misguided belief in how a Porsche should be driven and perform. I understand they are there to expose weaknesses and areas of concern but to not appreciate the advantages of each car or try and understand what it was designed to accomplish is a real failing on their part. We are all interested in basics like 0-60, top speed, cornering etc. but only as basic parameters; mpg driven as intended and ride comfort and refinement are at least as important. Why, for instance, don’t they report on ride height - a major factor in those looking at Crossover SUV’s ?

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2021, 04:03:53 PM »
I have been forced to the conclusion that test drivers for auto magazines etc. do not once consider the reality of the vehicle they are testing. All are rated against their misguided belief in how a Porsche should be driven and perform. I understand they are there to expose weaknesses and areas of concern but to not appreciate the advantages of each car or try and understand what it was designed to accomplish is a real failing on their part. We are all interested in basics like 0-60, top speed, cornering etc. but only as basic parameters; mpg driven as intended and ride comfort and refinement are at least as important. Why, for instance, don’t they report on ride height - a major factor in those looking at Crossover SUV’s ?
I disagree, MPG and comfort wouldn't be anywear near the top of my list when looking at a car for myself. My current (also first car) was bought cheap for insurnace purposes and for practice.

The second car (in a few weeks) is likely to be on of the V8 Supercharged Jaguar XF's and let me tell, the comfort or MPG wasn't on my list when choosing it. 0-60, noise and how quickly I can make rubber become smoke were my top 3.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2021, 04:44:07 PM »
You are just the person many car testers are writing for!
I would suggest however that you are in the minority and the ability to make smoke is far, far down the list for most drivers in 2021.

guest9814

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »
Well someone looking for 0-60, smok and noise should not look on hybrid cars, purpose to have hybrid car  is to get maximum fuel economy, have comfortable ride, and save planet from excessive co2 build up.
So car tester should be able to test ability of hybrid car to give MPG and show how efficient this car can be, 0-60 and breaking disrance from 60 also intresting that sometimes can save life.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2021, 05:20:32 PM »
I disagree, MPG and comfort wouldn't be anywear near the top of my list when looking at a car for myself. My current (also first car) was bought cheap for insurnace purposes and for practice.

The second car (in a few weeks) is likely to be on of the V8 Supercharged Jaguar XF's and let me tell, the comfort or MPG wasn't on my list when choosing it. 0-60, noise and how quickly I can make rubber become smoke were my top 3.

If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
MPG for those interested
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2021, 05:34:58 PM »
The mk4 Jazz hybrid has the same 0-60 as the mark 1 VW Golf GTI or the Mazda MX5 Miata.

It’s also the same 0-60 as the current VW Up GTI, so not a slow car at all.

My last car was a tuned 180hp/400Nm hatchback… the Jazz is just as fast at real world speeds and actually faster at the lower end.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:40:43 PM by sportse »

Tags:

anything