Author Topic: MPG for those interested  (Read 142608 times)

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
Re: MPG for those interested
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Having looked again at the way the Jazz hybrid works I doubt I will be in the top 10.

Under about 10mph it can be electric, then 10 to 30 it's a mix and match but over 30 it's primarily engine.

99% of my weekly journey is motorway and fast A roads.
As a new member, hello. The Jazz Hybrid we recently purchased belongs to my wife, who is the main driver. This is her 8th new Honda, all pretty faultless. However, I will probably drive more miles than her in it.
We part exchanged her Jazz Mk 3 Sport cvt, with 9k on the clock, really on my advice, because second hand car prices are very high, and we lost very little in depreciation.  She actually loved her Sport, but after driving this latest, I think she loves it more.
I have already driven it more, and I have to say I think it is an astonishing little vehicle.
To give some background, I drive a 2019 Mercedes S Class S400d, itself a brilliant car, and have just returned from driving 1372 miles to the Orkney Islands, so I do understand comfort and economy.
The day after we returned I took the Jazz to London and back in a day, some 485 miles, to collect an item, quite heavy, in order to give the Jazz some miles.
I filled up before and immediately after, and returned 63 mpg, with full aircon, motorway hold ups (many),  A roads,  and driving on acc at 70 mph. This is also a brand new car, 40 miles on the clock, and knowing Honda’s as I do, still very tight, so mpg will improve.
I am 6ft tall and I found the Jazz extremely comfortable to drive, with my only criticism being road noise on motorway at speed.
After watching the dash showing how it all works, which is pretty smart, I switched it off.
I have viewed many of the Video reviews, from motoring journalists and disagree with most, why do they love to put the Jazz down?.
In summary the Jazz ain’t cheap, and we invariably buy the EX , but we are both very happy, particularly the versatility, which will be put to good use on a family holiday where the space loading beats the Merc .
Clearly in this day and age, an electric car would have been more ideal, but lack of charging ability, plus cost put us off. I also would not have risked a London return, but taking everything into account, and the whole Jazz Hybrid package, for our needs, 5 year warranty, 5 year servicing…… just brilliant.
The warranty is 3 years. You have to pay to extend the warranty to 5 years.
It depends on the market and the MY.
In Italy the first year (2020) was with 8 years warranty included in the price, now they just give 3 years, 5 or 8 years are optional and you have to pay for it.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2021, 01:21:09 PM »
I think the inclusive 5 year warranty/servicing roadside assistance plan is dependent upon taking out Honda finance.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
Honda do change their offers. The extra 2 year warranty was negotiated in the package. The servicing plan was free if you took out a Honda finance plan, but we can pay off without penalty, other that a small interest charge after 6 months.
I think the offer now has changed again

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »
Yes,I took the Honda Finance package, in order to obtain the 5 years free service and will paying it off in full after 6 months.
Actual cost is peanuts, compared with the full cost of 5 years service.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2021, 07:50:24 PM »
Here in Poland the standard Honda warranty for cars is 3 years.
If the car insurance is taken out at Helvetia through Honda (competitive price), the warranty is extended to 5 years or a maximum of 300.000 km!!! (186,000 miles!!!).
It seems they (the importers) do it differently everywhere...
If nothing goes right, go left!

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2021, 09:56:11 PM »
The warranty is 3 years. You have to pay to extend the warranty to 5 years.

All new Honda models have 5 year Honda Care, Servicing & Roadside Assistance at the moment - no extra payment.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/campaigns/five.html
When I was purchasing my car, I got the 5 years free servicing & road side assistance. When enquiring about the warranty I was told the car would come with three years warranty & you would have the option to extend it to 5 years at any time for an additional payment. see link below:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/extended-guarantee-old.html

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2021, 10:42:30 AM »
Yesterday I drove from Lichfield to Stratford upon Avon with air-con all the time, with mostly motorway driving I averaged 64.1 mpg.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2021, 11:28:59 AM »
Despite my best hypermiling techniques I cannot manage that on a regular basis. Need to get a Mk 4.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »
Yesterday I drove from Lichfield to Stratford upon Avon with air-con all the time, with mostly motorway driving I averaged 64.1 mpg.

This kind of "averages" is very nice, but means nothing at all. The only way to determine an average consumption is to measure (not read the bc!) over a long(er) period, a year or more and under all weather and traffic conditions.
After a long(er) time you will see a realistic average fuel consumption. I recommend to use for example https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/
If nothing goes right, go left!

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
Having looked again at the way the Jazz hybrid works I doubt I will be in the top 10.

Under about 10mph it can be electric, then 10 to 30 it's a mix and match but over 30 it's primarily engine.

99% of my weekly journey is motorway and fast A roads.
Don't be fooled by Honda giving an easy to understand explanation using speed.  It depends on load. I have had it run in EV mode at 65 mph; downhill on the motorway. The best results come from a light right foot when accelerating.

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »
Despite my best hypermiling techniques I cannot manage that on a regular basis. Need to get a Mk 4.
Out of interest, do you try to get the highest MPG possible to mostly save money, or is it like game/compeition to you to try and do as best you can?

Personally, I haven't got the patience for it so I just drive as normal and then just fill up when the fuel light comes on + about 40 miles.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2021, 07:05:44 PM »
Out of interest, do you try to get the highest MPG possible to mostly save money, or is it like game/compeition to you to try and do as best you can?
It is all a game. I am retired, I am seldom in a hurry to get anywhere and it adds interest to my driving. My wife goes on about "Bonnie Scotland? All I ever see is the back of one truck or another.".

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
I have noticed that driving with the ECO button on I get around 10% extra mpg and the performance is still good. I was getting around 65mpg (according to the dash figure) when I first had the car but with the ECO on I'm getting 70+

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2021, 08:16:06 PM »
Some days I can get Hybrid mpg with my Mk 1. This was for a run from Cowdenbeath via Mossmorran, Auchtertool to Kirkcaldy. All country roads. No AC (don't have any) but I did have the windows wide open.

Think I need to dust my dash and instruments!

PTJAZZ

• Registered Member
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2021, 08:27:57 PM »
I have now 1350 Km.

MPG BC 3.2 L real 3.44 L  around 82.12 mpg  (Sprit Monitor)

Autonomy more than  1150 Km

Tags:

anything