Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Braking performance
« Last post by shufty on February 24, 2024, 10:08:57 PM »
...The Yokos were fine on the Jazz.
Tried a few emergency stops originally and had no problems at all.
The were OK in the wet too.

Only downside was the wear. Shocking.
Nearly 16k miles before the fronts needed replacing. Which is terrible.
Other problem with the jazz was the range of tyre pressures you could have depending on speed and weight on board.

HR-V just sticks to one thankfully.
« Last post by CB72 on February 24, 2024, 08:58:20 PM »
Surely a braking distance test is all about the tyres not the car. ::)

Bottom line though, from Coldstart's original post, is that the tests seem to suggest that the Jazz's braking performance (ie the aggregate performance of all components of it's braking system) isn't as good as it's competitors.

OK then, did they use the same brand and specification tyres on all the tested cars?
If they had the Yokohama BlueEarth on the Jazz and maybe Bridgestone Turanza on the comparison car that may explain the difference.
Also were the road conditions exactly the same?

I'm trying to defend the Jazz here!! :D

Whch? only give the Jazz 2 points out of 5 for braking, so maybe the Germans are right :(
Honda Civic gets 4 points.
Toyota Yaris gets 3 points.
But then again they don't give details of the test.

Maybe get some better tyres for the jazz rather than the supplied Yokohama BlueEarth to inprove the braking.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Satnav
« Last post by ivegotfivedoors on February 24, 2024, 08:52:51 PM »
Hi all when driving my Crosstar 71 plate Iíve noticed that some roads are out of date when using my built in satnav erm how do I go about updating  the software and is it going to cost me
Thanks
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz hybrid or 1.3 cvt
« Last post by Kenneve on February 24, 2024, 07:45:00 PM »
I owned both; when changing from a 1.3 cvt mk3 to mk4 it feels as completely different worlds. Mk4 is so quiet and fast and more refined. Also more economic. So if you can spare the additional 4K, then go for the mk4!

Test driving both will help!

I totally agree with all,of the above.
Over the years I have had 4 CVT cars and am now on the my 2nd  Mk4 Advance.
There is no way that I would go back to a CVT.
Obviously this is all personal choice, but if the finance allows,  then go for the Mk4, you wonít regret it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?
« Last post by 1speed on February 24, 2024, 07:03:42 PM »
For those who chose either the Advance or the (Advance) Sport, what was your rationale?
« Last post by ColinB on February 24, 2024, 06:52:33 PM »
Surely a braking distance test is all about the tyres not the car. ::)

Disagree. If they measured the braking distances of cars, that tells us something about the overall performance of the braking systems, not about any component of the system such as the tyres. If you want to know about tyre performance you would use the same car with a range of tyres, or maybe some clever test rig.

Bottom line though, from Coldstart's original post, is that the tests seem to suggest that the Jazz's braking performance (ie the aggregate performance of all components of it's braking system) isn't as good as it's competitors.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Honda Fit GK3 Oil Pressure
« Last post by RC70 on February 24, 2024, 06:44:00 PM »
Hello to everyone,
I bought a 2017 Honda Fit GK3.  It is a Japan import with 50000 km, L13B engine. 
I noticed that the oil pressure light does not turn off immediately after starting the engine.  There is about a one second delay before it turns off.  It happens all the time, cold or hot engine.  Changed the oil and fitted an original Honda filter but it remained the same.
Does anyone have a similar experience?  Is it a cause for concern?  Thank you.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz hybrid or 1.3 cvt
« Last post by Marco1979 on February 24, 2024, 05:23:51 PM »
I owned both; when changing from a 1.3 cvt mk3 to mk4 it feels as completely different worlds. Mk4 is so quiet and fast and more refined. Also more economic. So if you can spare the additional 4K, then go for the mk4!

Test driving both will help!
« Last post by CB72 on February 24, 2024, 04:36:43 PM »
Does the German review say which tyres the cars had on and the condition of the tyres, if not then the test is meaningless. Surely a braking distance test is all about the tyres not the car. ::)
« Last post by Nicksey on February 24, 2024, 03:27:10 PM »
I like to think I drive within the limits of the conditions I am driving in. My Jazz stops as well as all the Renaults I have had, it holds the corners just as well too. A bit of understeer.. but my Capturs and Clio were just as guilty. As a motorcyclist, I have always driven defensively, and try to anticipate the road/traffic ahead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything