Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lights in Europe
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 12:00:45 PM »
A few countries also require a tow rope

Thatís one way to destroy a hybrid. Although you can tow someone else with it. I keep one in my RAV4 and towed a classic VW Camper van to safety as it broke down on a bad bend.

I agree, but in an emergency  such as you describe, so is leaving one abandoned that  could  otherwise be moved to somewhere safer. It might even  save lives.Or help others.     (I doubt a first aid kit containing with a few piddling bandages have saved many lives.But requiring learner drivers to take lessons in resuscitation and how to stop severe bleeding  undoubtedly has saved lives.  )

Incidentallly I have just checked the extinguisher I carry.  It  has expired  :-[   . but its still well into the green on the gauge . And the bottle of  hydrogen peroxide  in my First aid kit (the only useful thing in it) has not only expired, but evaporated away.  :o
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:45:39 AM »
I've finally crashed through the 60 mpg barrier. Just filled up and 66.6 showing on the computer which turned out to be an actual 61.6. Mostly town driving with some country roads and motorway.

Computer 5 mpg optimistic.

First fill up since 22nd April. Could have gone quite a bit further but filled up largely for convenience. I should get at least 2 more decent tanks before the winter plunges me back under 50 mpg. I think I'm on target for an overall 55 mpg in a full year.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Driver's seat help needed !!
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 10:42:25 AM »
Also, a replacement pound coin can be obtained at any of the few banks remaining on the high street.
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 10:40:48 AM »

Thatís one way to destroy a hybrid. Although you can tow someone else with it. I keep one in my RAV4 and towed a classic VW Camper van to safety as it broke down on a bad bend.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 10:22:39 AM »
Many countries also require a fire extinguisher. (but possibly not France)  A small basic one  may not be good enough.  . Some countries include a check as part of the local 'mot'  that the extinguisher is still within its use by date, and is fitted with a pressure gauge still in its green zone.    So to be on the safe size, in more ways than one,   its best to also meet these standards. 

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Spark plug gap?
« Last post by dvhttn on Today at 10:17:48 AM »
I've always believed you shouldn't use anti seize compound on spark plugs.

NGK actually state that on their website too.
https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/resources/5-things-you-should-know-about-spark-plugs#:~:text=Metal%20shell%20stretch%20changes%20the,unnecessary%20and%20can%20be%20detrimental.

Saw that and most of their *warnings* were more to do with cack-handed installation than anything else. Along the lines of the quip about car owner manuals, "50 years ago the manual described how to check and set your valves. Today it tells you not to drink the battery acid" ....... :-)

I also note they mention having an anti-seize coating already. However that is very, very thin and from the noises/feel of removing the plugs for the first time I feel much happier with some added anti-seize of my own.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Driver's seat help needed !!
« Last post by Steve_M on Today at 08:17:52 AM »
The seat frame is a whole piece, so you would have to just swap the cushions and covers over to the new seat.

The only separate part is the seat adjuster bar, that could be swapped if it is that part that is broken one the jammed coin is released.
81139-TF0-J01

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/81139tf0j01
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Driver's seat help needed !!
« Last post by coolmint on June 26, 2022, 10:51:42 PM »
Hi all have a 13 1.4 si , long story but the driver's seat is locked in a set position , leaver under seat is broken on left . It involves a £1 coin being Jammed in the runner,  Anyway after much searching have got a used seat from a breakers ( not the right colour).is it possible to use the base of the donor seat on the old seat .or is it permanently fixed to the donor seat , in which case I have to fit the (new )seat and buy some seat covers ? Any guidance greatly appreciated.
« Last post by Jazzik on June 26, 2022, 09:43:18 PM »
In the glove box(es) I usually have other clutter, such as spare glasses and sunglasses, garage remote control, a small flashlight and a lot more not to mention clutter.
For those yellow jackets is a great place at the back of the backrests of the front seats. It seems as if those pockets were made especially for them.  ;)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: The slowest car available?!
« Last post by Roman on June 26, 2022, 08:30:35 PM »
It depends on the output of the generator engine and what the difference between its output and total output when added to the battery.

I see from the power flow videos that both battery and generator are providing power together.

On Prius, you could force charge the battery before performance runs - pressing the accelerator started the engine and charged the battery.

Jazz doesnít seem to have a similar function. Pressing the accelerator when stopped doesnít start the petrol generator.

Another Prius trick to force charge that doesnít seem to work on the Jazz is putting on front defrost / full heat - on Prius that starts the petrol engine. On Jazz it doesnít always do it.
Jazz charges battery too !!!
Car should be in P (parking), then when accelerator pedal pressed fully and keep pressed ice starts and charging battery, from 3 bars to ďfullĒ 95% in about 5 minutes.
Not practical to do that often because charging battery to 100% not good for itís health.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything