Author Topic: Black roof blemishes  (Read 2158 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Black roof blemishes
« on: April 29, 2024, 12:43:25 PM »
I came back to the car yesterday, to find some obliging bird (pigeon) had decided to decorate the roof, windscreen and bonnet.
So, this morning I decided to give the car a brief wash.. but only the bird poo areas. The car is washed regularly, using Autoglym and finished either with Autoglym wax or the Meguiars waterless/wax wash. In theory, the car is clean and protected under the rain grime.
However, in two areas on the roof where the dollops deposited there remains a definite blemish! Even after a light T-Cut (light scratch remover brand, not the heavy duty T-Cut), they are still there.
It then dawned on me, that the roof isn't painted!! Its actually a vinyl rap!
After only ever owning Renaults prior to the Jazz, all of them had painted black roofs. The only vinyl being the window pillars.
Does anybody know if these blemishes can be removed... or is this just another thing I am going to have to accept with Honda?  :'(

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Re: Black roof blemishes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 02:08:33 PM »
I used to have a Crosstar in two-tone with a black roof, but that was definitely painted. Maybe your issue is unique to the Style model, it seems they all have black roofs?

Nicksey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Black roof blemishes
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 09:24:07 PM »
I used to have a Crosstar in two-tone with a black roof, but that was definitely painted. Maybe your issue is unique to the Style model, it seems they all have black roofs?

Maybe they do. I am quite disappointed really. I have searched 'detailing' forums, and it appears that vinyl wraps don't fair very well when it comes to bird droppings. I am quite peeved that Honda have wrapped the roof instead of painting it, which is quite a cheap thing to do on a car that is so expensive. As mentioned previously, my three Renault Capturs all had two tone combinations.. and all had a diamond black roof paint. Cheaper cars than the Jazz.
I really like the motor/powertrain of the Jazz, but the problems I am experiencing with it really do make me question myself why I didn't hold out for a Renault Alpina instead.

Tags: