Author Topic: Service reminder / Service book questions  (Read 6005 times)

guest2872

Service reminder / Service book questions
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
Service reminder system

Just coming up to one year old and 9k miles, but so far have no indication on the dashboard display that a service is pending.

In fact I can't even find a page anywhere within the menus that represents anything related to service status. Should I be able to find this, even before the service is actually due, or could it be that it's not working for some reason?

Service Book

I thought I'd look in the Service Book to see what will get serviced when it goes in for its first service.

I was surprised to see that the Jazz Hybrid isn't even included in the schedule details, so it's impossible for the dealer to tick off any service items that specifically relate to the Jazz Hybrid - unless servicing is based on exactly the same service items as the Civic Hybrid? (The Civic Hybrid is listed, but not the Jazz Hybrid.)

Just wondering whether anybody else who bought their hybrid towards the end of 2011 has a Service Book which specifically mentions the Jazz Hybrid in the service schedule details? I'm concerned that my dealer may have handed over an outdated Service Book with the car.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Service reminder / Service book questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:06:36 PM »
You might find that the service reminder system has NOT been switched on from new.

guest2872

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:37:14 PM »
You might find that the service reminder system has NOT been switched on from new.

Right, I've just been up to my dealer to ask them to show me where to find the service reminder on the information display.

The service tech got into my car and scrolled through the display pages until he came to a page which displays what looks like two overlapping document icons. He said this is the service reminder page, and told me that the two document icons confirms that the service reminder system is switched on in my car. He said that it's only displaying the 'document icons' because there's nothing to report yet. He also confirmed I forget about it and wait for it to tell me when it needs servicing.

So I get home and check the user guide, from which it seems that the page on the info display that shows the two overlapping document icons is just the entry page to the customisable user settings (e.g. speed warning and display language), and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the service reminder system.

Am I correct, and if so, is my dealer telling me a porky?

guest3196

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »
Just get the dealer to switch off the service reminder system, stamp the service book to say that they've done so and go for the annual services. Problem solved.

The variable system is hypersensitive and more trouble than it's worth according to my dealer.

guest2872

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
Just get the dealer to switch off the service reminder system, stamp the service book to say that they've done so and go for the annual services. Problem solved.

The variable system is hypersensitive and more trouble than it's worth according to my dealer.

Fine, but given the choice I would like to have it on.
And my dealer has confirmed it is 'ON'. Indeed, they have recommended leaving it on. 
Yet, it doesn't appear to be working at all, and that's the problem.
So, if it IS switched on, should I not be able to access the service reminder page in the information display, and if so, could anyone tell me how?
Thanks!

guest3196

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
As you scroll through the information display, the service reminder should appear between the HFT display (if HFT is on and your vehicle is so equipped) and the seat belt display. If you don't have HFT then it should appear between the mileage only display and the seat belt display as per page 101 of the handbook. Mine doesn't appear because the variable servicing has been switched off.

You might like to read this before insisting that the system is switched on:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/honda-jazz/33345-new-jazz-service-indicator-light.html

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
had mine turned of to, once a year service is enough for most cars, i couldn't afford to have a service everytime it told me to.

Tags:

anything