Author Topic: Auto window up down stopped working.  (Read 7914 times)

guest1765

Auto window up down stopped working.
« on: November 24, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
Today my auto/one touch drivers window button has stopped working, normal up down still works fine. I spoke to Honda to see if it was a recall problem and they said it the recall had been carried out so shouldn't be that.  Has anyone dealt with this problem before or have any advice for me? Thanks in advance

guest1510

• Topic Starter
Re: Auto window up down stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 04:28:25 AM »
you said that the driver side window still works up and down, only thing is the auto down is not working.  Looks like you have disconnected the battery recently.  To activate the auto down from the driver side, you should bring the window down at least 1/4 then press up.  Dont release the up button even if the window closes.  Continue pressing for at least 2 seconds.  This should activate the auto down.  Hope this helps

guest1765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:08 AM »
Yes the battery had gone flat on me and that was when it all went wrong. Thanks for the advice and you'll be Glad to know this has fixed it. Cheers.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
Oh, good to know this but very   :-[ :-[ :-[  for Honda they didn't know this
100+1 HP

guest1898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »
The official spiel is to wind the window down on the driver's side after disconnecting the battery, wind it up and hold for 3 seconds... the window should then go down automatically afterwards, repeat until correct.  In addition to this it is recommended to calibrate the idle RPM rev range of the car afterwards too.  To do this you must turn off all electric devices in the car and leave the car revs on 2500 rpm for 5 mins discounting any time where the engine fan or an electricity is used.
Idle rpm on mine is 600 rpm redlining at 6200 rpm.  GD1 L13a 2002 honda jazz se.

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
The official spiel is to wind the window down on the driver's side after disconnecting the battery, wind it up and hold for 3 seconds... the window should then go down automatically afterwards, repeat until correct.  In addition to this it is recommended to calibrate the idle RPM rev range of the car afterwards too.  To do this you must turn off all electric devices in the car and leave the car revs on 2500 rpm for 5 mins discounting any time where the engine fan or an electricity is used.
Idle rpm on mine is 600 rpm redlining at 6200 rpm.  GD1 L13a 2002 honda jazz se.
I had to jump start my car before Christmas and was able to fix the auto window up and down. However since then I've noticed the radiator fan comes on for a few seconds minutes after the car is first started in the morning, it's still cold in the mornings here,and at intervals I wouldn't have thought was needed. Is this something to do with needing to calibrate the idle RPM?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »
I had to jump start my car before Christmas and was able to fix the auto window up and down. However since then I've noticed the radiator fan comes on for a few seconds minutes after the car is first started in the morning, it's still cold in the mornings here,and at intervals I wouldn't have thought was needed. Is this something to do with needing to calibrate the idle RPM?

Sounds like you've got the a/c on! i.e. radiator fans on/off

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »

Could be I'll need to check but I've also noticed MPH is not as good as it used to be. It's down by arounf 7-8 MPG. I noticed tonight on the way home that it was 39 MPG.
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1296804245 -----

You are correct it is the a/c. Thanks for that.

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 03:49:41 PM »
Today, I disconnected then reconnected the battery and went through the recalibrating process and low and behold my MPG is back to normal.

Tags:

anything