Author Topic: Whining noise when turning steering from cold start  (Read 2666 times)

guest4971

Whining noise when turning steering from cold start
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
hi, I'm experiencing a whining noise when turning the steering after the car has been parked up for a few hours. it only occurs once as the steering is turned, it then disappears once steering wheel is turned. it then reoccurs once the car is parked up and started a few hours later by turning the steering. anyone know what the problem could be be ? thanks.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: Whining noise when turning steering from cold start
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
Well, if the noise is related only to your use of the steering wheel, then it is probably the electric steering assist motor. I suppose they do wear out and get noisy,  but they don't like being held on full lock much, could it be that?

guest4971

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:21:59 AM »
yes, indeed it could be the steering assist motor. due to limited parking at work i tend to park in very tight spots, which means that i am heavily dependent on the full steering wheel locks.  :(

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
Has it become noticeable recently, or has it always been like that?
If music be the food of love, play on

guest4971

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »
its been a few weeks since the noise came about, its still a faint whining noise  which hasn't got any louder since it started.

Tags:

anything