Author Topic: Aerosol touch-up paint  (Read 1741 times)

hemming

• Approved Member
Aerosol touch-up paint
« on: March 22, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
Has anyone located a supplier of and successfully used an aerosol spray paint for dealing with a couple of bumper scuffs in Alabaster Silver please? I am reluctant to spend £200 to get a professional to deal with 2 areas the size of a couple of fingernails and a previous attempt elsewhere with a brush touch-up were not too brilliant!

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Aerosol touch-up paint
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:16:24 PM »
Try an internet search for a business called 'Chips Away' to find your local operator.
I have used our local man and he was very good.

Vic.

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »
I used paints4u.com for touch up and the filled stone chips on the bonnet are now invisible and my roof gutter seam (fixed boot leak) matched just right. I was worried that my pearlescent paint would be tricky but turned out fine.  Not used their spray but reluctant to try after terrible efforts on an old car where the sheen just did not match and the area stood out a mile.  All our cars are base colour + lacquer so any spraying has to be cut, compounded and polished to be vaguely successful.  My stone chips were painted in the hole then topped up with lacquer over a couple of days before getting buffed smooth.  The small paint spears are miles better than the tippex style brush.
--
TG

guest5079

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »
Our Jazz is Alabaster Silver and I bought an aerosol and lacquer off E bay. I think it was from paint 4U and was about £15.
I am waiting for finer weather to use it. I would suggest if using an aerosol on any plastic use a special plastic primer. I didn't and after short while the paint crazed. This was on our last car.

Tags: