Author Topic: Folding Mirrors  (Read 7666 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Folding Mirrors
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »

...you never know when they're going to stay folded which would be serious in my book.

Obviously we have all come across drivers that rarely use their mirrors for their intended purpose and would not notice if they were folded in for a few months. :-)

Would help the fuel consumption though  ;)

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX the wifes
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »
Just to answer some questions.

The wife has filmed it and shown the dealer.

They looked at it but said they could not find anything.

The car is going in for its first service next week so we will mention the safety aspect of this and see what they say.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »

Are you really saying that even though you have presented the dealer with evidence, they are denying that there is a fault ? Or to put it another way, they are accusing you of fabricating your filmed evidence ? If that's really what's happening here, you have to despair about how this dealer treats his customers. Do you have a choice of dealers in your area, you don't have to get warranty defects repaired by the one you bought the car from ?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »
One of my mirrors failed to fold yesterday, it worked OK after I cleared the snow from between it and the car window. At least the folding mechanism was not damaged.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »
One of my mirrors failed to fold yesterday, it worked OK after I cleared the snow from between it and the car window. At least the folding mechanism was not damaged.
Snow? You must be 'oop north'. It's threatened a frost once or twice 'dahn sahf' this month but never materialised  :)

fut1a

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX the wifes
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

Are you really saying that even though you have presented the dealer with evidence, they are denying that there is a fault ? Or to put it another way, they are accusing you of fabricating your filmed evidence ? If that's really what's happening here, you have to despair about how this dealer treats his customers. Do you have a choice of dealers in your area, you don't have to get warranty defects repaired by the one you bought the car from ?

They are not denying there is a fault, they are just saying they could not find the fault.

Hopefully, they will find it tomorrow.

Tags: