Author Topic: Sun visor  (Read 3971 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Sun visor
« on: December 05, 2016, 02:43:26 PM »
Hi,
I find the large gap between the sun visors very annoying this time of year, the sun shines directly through this gap dazzling me. Has anyone found a reasonable solution apart from taping bits of cardboard to the screen,
Chris

guest1372

Re: Sun visor
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »
Steal one from a 5th gen Civic like my old EG4; that had a 6" visor above the rear view mirror perfectly closing the gap.

--
TG

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
Where do you live and do you park on the drive? 😊
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »
In Australia you could buy a strip of self-adhesive tinted kind of opaque strip to go all the way across top of screen.  In UK I filched a piece of the grey window tinting film from the guys who were tinting our west facing office Windows which were too hot in afternoons  - Fitted this into the gap between visors and it worked well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5079

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »
I read TG's post with interest as I too  find the sun a problem at this time of the year. I enlarged the picture only to find his car had AUS plates so I thought that's it then BUT because I am an anorak I did some digging.
I found the 5th gen Civic was produced between 1993 and 1995 so onto Lings I went and there on the English LSI model, I went for 1994, was the sun visor at £105 no longer  available.
So get hunting.

guest1372

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »
That was just a Wikipedia image, I don't have digitised photos of my old UK LSi. It had very low seating so sun visors were fairly critical components.  Great car, the Range Rover style tailgate was quite fun.

Anyway I thought newer Jazz have quite large blacked out areas around the r.view mirror mounting, the Mk3 especially?
--
TG

guest5079

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:22 AM »
It is very dangerous to be too smug about finding things. After my post I did some more digging and it seems although the middle sun visor was fitted to the 5th gen EG4 Civic it was only on the higher spec models with a sun roof. It appears it was only fitted to that model for 2 yrs which is a shame. I also had a good look at the light binnacle on our EX and the sun visor would not fit there anyway.
So not only would the sun visor be rarer than rocking horse poop but it wouldn't fit anyway.
So Culzean's Idea seems to be the best.

Tags:

anything