Author Topic: carpet locating pegs  (Read 20227 times)

guest5451

carpet locating pegs
« on: May 25, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »
Hello fellow Jazz owners,
I've just bought a 2002 1.4SE in Milano Red and the only problem I've found so far is that the drivers side car mat slides around.
I can see in the manual that there should be locating pegs to stop this happening,but my car doesn't seem to have them.
Are they an option or hidden somewhere?
Anyone know?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: carpet locating pegs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 02:57:56 PM »
When fitted they are very visible just below the front edge of the seat on the floor.
They may only be fitted if the car was originally supplied with mats as an accessory.

Vic.

guest5451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply Vic,
So I guess mine didn't have them fitted from new because there isn't a hole in the floor carpet where they should be
Do you know if they are still available from Honda?. Do they screw to the floor of the car.
Sorry for all the dumb questions but I've not had a car for about 20 years since my kids were small,always had motorbikes,so still discovery what its got or not got.

VicW

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:13 PM »
I think that the pegs are attached to the original carpet.
You could try self adhesive Velcro.

Vic.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 04:19:53 PM »
When you buy replacement mats you get the pegs with them. The pegs have a spring like thing underneath which screws into the original fitted floor carpet in your car. Your mats will have holes in them to fit over the locating pegs if they are the correct type. 

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »
I think these are Honda genuine accessories. Although I could be wrong.

IMG_20150525_182541_579 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Bottom right hand corner of matt has holes to locate it.

IMG_20150525_182554_360 by macplaxton, on Flickr

T-plate with location posts is fixed to the floor under the plastic cover at the front outside seat runner.

I've got a SB dated 12/12/2006:

Aftermarket Carpet Mat Caution
Dear All,

In relation with the customer satisfaction survey organized by Honda and independent organizations, it has come to our attention that Honda customers are increasingly complaining about floor carpets that are not properly fixed in the drivers foot area, resulting in situations where the function of the pedals are restricted.

Such dangerous situations can result in reduced brake performance or situations where customer needs to pull back the floor mat while driving, to assure the proper performance of the brake, accelerator or clutch pedals.

Research has shown that this complaint is mainly coming from customers who have aftermarket floor mats fitted by their Dealer. These aftermarket mats do not have any fixation points to secure them in the car.

In view of this, we want to point out that the usage of such carpets may endanger the image of the Honda brand and that in the event of an accident caused by the moving of the floor mat, the liability rests entirely with the dealership who sold/fitted these carpets.

We therefore strongly advice to use only Honda genuine carpets.

VicW

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
That's exactly how mine is fitted and were Honda accessories.

Vic

guest5451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 07:57:19 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers Eddie Honda, pictures are a big help I don't think my mats are genuine Honda looking at yours.
Mine have the holes  but not the JAZZ logo or that T bracket.
So it looks like I'm off to my local Honda dealer  to get genuine ones.
While I'm there I can see if I can get a pair of the fog lights, as one of mine has rust on the reflector.

Dave

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
When you are fitting front drivers side floor mat be sure to check clearance around accelerator pedal.  I fitted new non-Honda mats to my first Civic and one day when I was overtaking the mat slid  and stopped accelerator pedal returning. I had to kick carpet back with my heel as the the engine bounced off rev limiter a couple of times. Carpet can also bunch up under brake pedal.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

DrShockr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 CVT in Bright Blue!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »
I went to my local Honda dealer (Bexleyheath) and ordered the T bracket clip but was then phoned the next day and told that this part is no longer available anymore and so they cancelled my order. I was pretty annoyed, if you succeed DaveyB then please let me know which dealer you ordered it from.

Geoffers

• Approved Member
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes!
  • My Honda: 2016 HR-V SE-Navi Diesel
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Just to add another dimension, my clips are totally different to those described so far.
These are genuine Honda mats supplied by my local dealership. The carpets have half-precut slots to accept the clips! Theses were bought about 3 years ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Geoff, York, UK.             Now driving an HR-V after 4 Jazzes!

TonyS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 1.4 EX
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »
The GE model which Geoffers has uses a different system for locating the carpets compared to the GD. The bracket shown in the photo by Eddie Honda is for the GD.
My wife previously had a GD which had the bracket arrangement whereas the GE she now has uses the twist type clip as per the photo provided by Geoffers.
Hope this clarifies things.

guest5451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »
Now sorted I think,Thank you to all that responded to my question.
I've bought a set of genuine Honda mats with the Jazz logo on,they come with the T bracket included,and look alot better than the ones in my car.
 Dave

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
I was pretty annoyed, if you succeed DaveyB then please let me know which dealer you ordered it from.

08P15-SAA-50010 HOLDER FLOOR MAT - RHD

Does seem to be NLA as an individual part.

I'd get down the breakers. Bound to be one to be had, they were only around a tenner when the were available.
Just stick "Honda Jazz breaking" in Ebay and ring/email the breakers using the above picture if you need to show them what you mean. It's only held in by one screw. The plastic cover the screw is under justs pops off.

Tags: