Author Topic: Me again...! Paintwork this time.  (Read 4141 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Me again...! Paintwork this time.
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:29:43 AM »
My mk3 seems to ' Grab and hold ' the weather mud / muck where the other one never seemed to.
I rarely had to wash down my old one.
Old one was Cerulean Blue pearlescent with the Diamond Bright finish.
This one is Super duper sporty blue metallic with the same Diamong Bright added.
Starting to think that the Diamond Bright was worth it on old one but not this time.
Am I being over - critical ( nothing new for me ! ) or has any other mk3 newbee noticed the same ?
I actually thought they had forgotten  the Diamond bright but apparently not.  :(

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
Re: Me again...! Paintwork this time.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »
Cannot give you an answer to this post, but out of interest have you still got the Jazz listed in your profile or is it just a case of not getting round to updating. :)

Sidot

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »
My observations are based on a comparison between my old car, a Mk2 59 plate 1.2 and the new mk3 which  I now have and have had for about a week now.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
I do feel that the new Jazz is an overall improvement but I have more reservations that I was hoping for.
Overall build quality I don't think is as good, it's the tiny little things like the floor mats don't fit as flush as the last car and the doors are not quite so smooth. ....
I'm just a cormugeonly geriatric Honda Jazz lover !

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:22:44 PM »
In my opinion darker colours show the dirt more. When I had a silver car I washed it infrequently although I did wash the wheels every couple of weeks, that kept it nice and fresh looking without spending too much time on it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
The Sunset Orange hides the dirt quite well - the car just becomes less shiny.

However, the layer of orange paint is very thin and easily chipped although there's probaby a thick layer of primer undernearth.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5643

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
This is my third white car in succession, (Orchid Pearl) which is surprisingly easy on the eye after not being washed after a few outings in wet crappy weather,my last car,a Mitsubishi ASX, also pearl white, had quite thin paint which owners complained chipped very easily.The Orchid Pearl is carried over from the Mk2 Jazz and I noticed no difference in the paint finish/quality on my MK3,it's as good as most makes of cars out there,manufacturers are using water based paints and laquers which IMO are not as good/durable as the cellulose paints they have replaced,on a positive note the preparation of the vehicle bodywork before the final paint is applied has vastly improved.Washing and waxing the car on a regular basis is a must for keeping the finish in good order and leave bird droppings for too long at your peril. 

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
Washing and waxing the car on a regular basis is a must for keeping the finish in good order and leave bird droppings for too long at your peril. 

Autoglym have done research that wax coatings provide a very limited protection against bird poo damage, but its not the acid that does the damage,  heat is the biggest culprit.  Although my car gets cleaned maximum twice a year (more often when the rain does it for me  :D)  I always try to remove bird poo as soon as I notice it with a spray of dilute washing up liquid to soften it and a paper tissue. Parking under a tree is good to keep car cool in summer but a sure way to get poo and tree sap on it both of which are bad for paint (and tree sap can smear the windscreen).

http://www.autoglym.com/news_articles/new-research-dispels-myth-of-why-bird-droppings-damage-paint
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:51:17 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything