Author Topic: Improve the GE Jazz: What ONE thing would you improve?  (Read 47980 times)

guest1521

Improve the GE Jazz: What ONE thing would you improve?
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »
The restless, jiggly ride is my one major negative - after yesterday's 450 mile return trip (mainly on motorways) in my '09 GE Jazz. Loads of positives, though. 

guest1288

• Topic Starter
Re: Improve the GE Jazz: What ONE thing would you improve?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
door seals, damn wind noise  :o apart from this no problems 

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
understeer (getting used to skinny high profile rubber again), slightly noisy engine (cricket noise when cold when accelerating), bit too sit-up-and-beg driving position with seat height too high, getting used to all that and love the jazz

bring in the 1.5 engine to the uk
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:30:28 PM by monkeydave »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:45:14 PM »
Invite Honda UK to market the 1.4S spec car @ £13000 OTR without a 20 week delivery time

guest986

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:08:21 PM »
My biggest bugbear at the moment is dashboard reflections in the windscreen when it's sunny (hence the polarising sunglasses! - see other thread)
An option to switch off the radio/clock display backlight at night when not in use would be nice.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:44 AM »
Update the clock from the RDS signal in the radio, like many other manufacturers do. Use soft feel trim on the dash etc, the hard recycled plastic causes noise when seat belt buckles etc tap on trim.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »
Let the UK have the 1.5 RS model

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
I agree - for me the ride is the major disappointment.  I'm looking for more evidence that the 2012 model is better.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
door seals, damn wind noise  :o

x2

and of course missing of 1.5 model though from my point of view its not relevant anymore cos I'm not really planning to change my car in next 8 years or so :)
100+1 HP

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
My biggest bugbear at the moment is dashboard reflections in the windscreen...

Hear, hear. I would change the poorly designed cheap plastic dashboard; responsible for annoying windscreen reflections.

guest671

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 08:07:07 PM »
I would like to see a 1.5 sport version. That would be the icing on the cake!!

guest2033

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:05 AM »
Ah the Honda Jazz, a car thats a success in the UK despite Honda's best efforts.

I keep looking at the Jazz but 3 years up the road and having just tried the new 2012 model one, still not taking the jump.

Main issues.

Ride/steering. Dear Honda, can you actually make the damn thing handle and steer properly? If it's beyond your wit, ask any Honda ricer tuning mag and they'll tell you what to do to make it go right.

Interior. Oh come on Honda!  You can do better than this! You've got <£10k trim quality in a car that costs >£15k!

Engines. Please! Can we have the 1.5! No excuses! You build the damn things in Swindon with the 1.5 engine for export! What's up Honda? You worried you'll scare people if you move the Jazz out of the pedestrian performance class in the UK?

Gearbox. Why no proper torque converter automatic for the UK? Same again, no excuses, you build Jazz's with a TC box for export in Swindon.

My wife loves her 2000 Honda Logo to bits, but it's getting on. After 11 years, I would expect  the Honda Jazz to be offering something so much better. Better trim? Not particularly. Better engines? Not overly. Better gearbox's? CVT in the Logo seems fine. Better handling? Nope. Better steering? Nope. Quicker? No!

The Jazz is a bit more economical and has 5 doors, but that's about it - hardly a compelling sell. Offer it with a 1.5 engine and the sporty trim like the US spec Fits and we'd be talking turkey. Offer us the Fit RS and I'd write a cheque tomorrow.

Honda seem to be resolutely aiming the Jazz at the over 65's in the UK, unlike other markets were the car is aimed at a younger and more sporty inclined age group.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
I have had a GD DSi for a few years now and am very impressed with its mix of good fuel economy, taut ride, agile handling and pretty good power to weight ratio.  I don't know what you guys expect from a car that was designed by Honda to be a great city car that is not too shady on long distances, has room for 5 adults and the kind of adaptable seating arrangement that would make an grand master of origami proud.

Come on you guys you are trying to turn the Jazz into some kind of hot hatch cult car for younger people, and that was never the intention of Honda.  The Jazz was and still is a ground breaking design that has proved very popular all over the world, EVEN in the USA (OK it has the 1.5 VTEC in USA), the DSi engine is a fine piece of kit, much misunderstood, and ideally suited to the cars original design brief.  The Jazz is not a success in spite of itself, it is a success because it is a great car that appeals to a wide audience and does exactly what it says on the tin. And while it is seen as an 'older mans car' that is simply because older people want a car that is finished when it leaves the factory and don't want to endlessly mess with their car like youngsters do (sometimes with more enthusiasm than knowledge).

I have owned and driven lots of cars up to 4 litres, and the Jazz still has the ability to make me smile when I drive it and will leave most other cars for dead on twisty roads. I also ride motorbikes and while the Honda may not have the power to weight ratio of Fireblade it is still a very good everyday car to drive and gets me from A to B in good order.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest2033

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »
If I want a dull shopping car, I can always buy a Hyundai i10, Honda made their name building cars that went like blazes.

Even Honda have finally accepted their is a need for a fast and furious Jazz after years of ignoring customer feedback.

Boing!  said Zebedee!

guest1513

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »
Agree entirely Ichiban. But I think its not Honda that is the problem. Its Honda UK, friend of pensioners, that causes the poor image of the Jazz here! BTW, I'm nearly of state pension age, but we aren't all sluggish in our physical and mental condition.   Just get on with it Swindon. Its not as though the sales of Jazz are that bouyant here.

Tags:

anything