Author Topic: Rear wheel bearing codes  (Read 2284 times)

Jeffyjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se sport
Rear wheel bearing codes
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
Does anyone know the actual bearing codes for the bearings On the rear of a jazz

I have lots of knackard ones that were the cheap eBay ones with Chinese bearings.   Annoyingly the Chinese don't laser the bearing codes on them.

I want to get some decent German bearings and replace them all so I have some decent spares for when the current Chinese ones fail in about a years time

Might be that my local bearing shop can just measure them but would be handy to have a code aswell

guest6846

Re: Rear wheel bearing codes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:50:37 PM »
My old original hub bearings both show :
JAPAN
NSK
and then 28BWK18A  (but the first 3 characters are difficult to identify - maybe incorrect? ... see photos)

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest6846

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »
btw. both bearings (inner + outer) have the same markings.
I'm think they maybe read: 288WK18A ???

guest1372

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Searching for both brings up mainly Chinese and Russian results but does indicate that BWK is a valid NSK part code.
From http://www.nsk-autoaftermarket.com/downloads/literature_bearing/AAM-Wheel-Bearings-EN.pdf we can see that 28BWK is a common code for this bearing type with a 28mm bore.  The trailing digits may vary.  It does not seem to match one of the standard range of NSK/SKF bearings such as the 6000 series.

Page 18 shows the cross reference between NSK & OEM codes, interestingly 18A does not appear but 19B & 20A do, these are probably the uprated part that Honda discovered was necessary and fitted in the 7 year warranty extension.
There are only two types shown 42200-SAA-G02 & 42200-SAA-G51 but without looking up the OEM codes, I don't know if they are drum & disc or ABS & non-ABS.

I am unclear if NSK are producing the whole assembly or just the bearing.

--
TG

Tags:

anything