Author Topic: New Key for my Mk 2 Jazz / Fit  (Read 3129 times)

guest6644

New Key for my Mk 2 Jazz / Fit
« on: April 26, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
I have two keys for my Honda Fit sport aka Jazz.

One of them looks like a valet key you would get on certain cars, except this car doesn't have a valet mode, it's just a non-remote key with the chip inside.

I have seem some tutorials that can change an existing remote key into a flip key, but I am wondering what can I do with my second (non-remote) key.

Any ideas for whether or not I can change my non-remote key into something better?

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: New Key for my Mk 2 Jazz / Fit
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »
The immobiliser chip (depends on territory if you have one or not, but European models do), and the remote locking are separate systems on the Mk1/GD but combined on the Mk2/GE.

You can add an additional remote to Mk1/GD easily - it's basically on-click-off x 3, with any compatible 2, 3 or 4 button key so you can either buy one or scavenge one from an old Honda car.  A Mk2/GE seems more difficult as registering the immobiliser ID chip also registers the remote transmitter code by using the Honda Diagnostic Software.
The manual states "NOTE: As the keyless transmitter is combined with the immobilizer transponder, so when the transponder is registered by the HDS, the keyless transmitter is also registered automatically."
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000000416.html

An immobiliser ID46 chip can be chiselled out of the existing basic key and added to a new flip key or Honda/an automotive locksmith can program a new ID chip into the car's immobiliser memory.  In recent years another way has become possible; programmable blank ID46 chips and cloning tools have become available quite cheaply (e.g. CN900 for £99).  Whoever cuts the pattern in a new key blade will probably have their preferred way of doing it.

I'm guessing there are places in your city that can do this very easily and cheaply.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest6644

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:36:37 AM »
Hi TG,

Thanks for your informative reply, that's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. I'm definitely going to explore this further. It is the basic key that I am going to try to change.

I read of a place not too far from me that might be able to clone keys so I will definitely be walking the area to go in all the shops. Will post an update if I actually attempt the transfer to a flip key.

guest6644

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »
The immobiliser chip (depends on territory if you have one or not, but European models do), and the remote locking are separate systems on the Mk1/GD but combined on the Mk2/GE.

An immobiliser ID46 chip can be chiselled out of the existing basic key and added to a new flip key or Honda/an automotive locksmith can program a new ID chip into the car's immobiliser memory.  In recent years another way has become possible; programmable blank ID46 chips and cloning tools have become available quite cheaply (e.g. CN900 for £99).  Whoever cuts the pattern in a new key blade will probably have their preferred way of doing it.

I'm guessing there are places in your city that can do this very easily and cheaply.
--
TG

I'm a tad concerned with chiselling the chip out of an existing key. I will try to clone an existing key onto a blank instead.

The problem I have encountered is that some ID46 chips are running 313mhz, and some are 433mhz.

Is there any way to tell what frequency my own key is?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »
I'n not aware of any obvious way, the remote entry transmitters are using 433MHz, but I don't know what frequency the immobiliser chip responds to.  Most key fobs for buildings or RFiD cards are 125KHz or 13.56MHz.  My phone will recognise my building and Visa, but not the car key.  Probably best to keep the existing 'valet' key and create a new remote key.
--
TG

Tags:

anything