Author Topic: Disable start screen warning.  (Read 224 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Mk3 EX CVT, Red
Disable start screen warning.
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
Is there any way that the startup screen warning can be disabled? I am finding on occasion, that it requires several presses of the accept 'button' to remove it. I find that if I lick my finger first then it will respond quicker.

I suppose that the answer will be, that it is an EU Elf & Safety directive and can't be deleted.
My view is, if you need this sort or reminder every time you start up, then you should not be driving.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Disable start screen warning.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
If you ignore it the screen will eventually go black. Apart from the time which will be just about visible during the night in the top right hand corner. It's one of the sillier aspects of the unit.

Going black is understandable. But if you're going to leave the time showing in the top right why not at least give it a sensible brightness level. At least then you'd have a visible clock.

Deeps

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 SE
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
How do you turn off the "If you crash the car its your fault" screen was the first thing I asked the salesman when I returned from a test drive. "Can't be turned off" was the reply. :(

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Mk3 EX CVT, Red
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »
Hi Andruec
Understand what you say about the blank screen. However I normally like  to run, with the Info screen showing the fuel consumption data. Also accept what you say about the clock, should be normal brightness, in the blank screen mode.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:46:25 PM »
Well the current design is irritating. I quite like the info display as well as it shows track info when playing music but if the blank screen showed the time it'd save the hassle of 'pressing' that button.

Tags:

anything