Author Topic: Hi everyone - just joined  (Read 3532 times)

guest6775

Hi everyone - just joined
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:24:23 PM »
Hi all!. Not new to Honda having had a Civic, HRV and CRV but new to the Jazz. Just bought a 2009 1,2 in the UK which we'll bring back to Norway at Easter to prep for the Mongol Rally in July. From Goodwood to Mongolia via Azerbaijan. Apart from a sump-guard, roof rack, a set of steel wheels and a good general service, has anyone got any advice regarding sensible mods? It's not a speed event - just a hard slog for around 300 other nutters...

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Hi everyone - just joined
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:06:41 PM »
Think soft ground or rocks, plus spare air filters (& facemasks) for all the dusty stuff - Kazakhstan
Maybe some mesh guard for the radiator, it's quite exposed at the bottom.  OBDII code reader and list of codes.  I would also quite like a way of gaining some ground clearance for days when there is not any proper tarmac - you can get wedges to place in the springs.  Also see http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/

From what I've heard it's an excellent event - good luck.
--
TG

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

Good luck on the event!

guest6775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Hi again, Thanks for the tips and especially the link - brilliant. Looking forward to getting the car back here now to get it ready for the rally and I'm sure we'll be quite active on the forum leading up to and hopefully during the event itself.

Not sure if anyone has taken a Jazz on the Mongol before but we're really looking forward to it.

Cheers for now - Pete and Liz

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Good luck on the event.

Tags:

anything