Author Topic: Mk3 Jazz gearbox  (Read 2538 times)

guest6718

Mk3 Jazz gearbox
« on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:33 AM »
Have had our MK3 Jazz since October 2015. Very pleased with it & covered 9500 miles.
The only difficulty I experience is getting reverse gear sometimes. Have been back to dealer & they have said they can't find a problem.
Any one else had a similar experience?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Mk3 Jazz gearbox
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
Done 14,000 in mine now.  Never an issue selecting any gears.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
Only issue I've had has been accidentally selecting 6th when I want reverse ... but not the other way around, thank goodness. Once the operator error has been corrected, there's no problem about engaging reverse, it goes in easily.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:00:19 PM »
Only issue I've had has been accidentally selecting 6th when I want reverse ... but not the other way around, thank goodness. Once the operator error has been corrected, there's no problem about engaging reverse, it goes in easily.
My own is an automatic but when I've had courtesy cars they've been manual. I had no idea there was a sixth gear and when I found out I was a bit apprehensive about going into reverse.

Quite why anyone still wants to stir a bunch of cogs around in the first place puzzles me :)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »
I was a bit apprehensive about going into reverse.

It will not allow you to engage reverse while the car is moving.  Well at least not over a couple of MPH, stick won't move past the gate.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 08:55:42 AM »
I was a bit apprehensive about going into reverse.

It will not allow you to engage reverse while the car is moving.  Well at least not over a couple of MPH, stick won't move past the gate.

I only wish the MK2 was the same,  because reverse on my wifes is in same position as 6th on My Civic - and you are pretty much gonna be going quite quick when you change into 6th,  I have to concentrate not to try to go into reverse on Jazz,  had a bit of a grinding noise when I forgot a couple of times - It's a pretty bad design IMHO.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything