Author Topic: Should Honda supply an Electric Car in the UK?  (Read 11100 times)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Should Honda supply an Electric Car in the UK?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
Spent 4 months in Durban driving a Nissan Leaf.  What a pleasure.  Totally silent, amazing accelleration.  At the end of a day driving around, I had covered 95km.  Plugging it in to the household supply (single phase 230 volts) showed that it reached 100% charge in just over 4 hours

It is a small car and with 4 up the performance drops off considerably.  The accelleration is sluggish but up hills it is acceptable.  There is a regular run from Durban (a the coast) to Pietermaritzburg (600m) which is only 67km but on a highway all the time.  The Leaf could easily manage 130km/hr all the way and had by then used 42% of its power.  Allowing it to rest for 30 mins brought the power back to 70% and on the way back down to Durban it only used 16%, going at the same speed until the highway ended

Honda SA say there are no plans yet for a Jazz electric.  But I see that the local Opel dealer has an Opel electric car on display and is taking down names
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything