Author Topic: Keyless entry! What options do i have?  (Read 24025 times)

guest6092

Keyless entry! What options do i have?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
Thank you TG for the detailed explanation, and I agree with you that sounding the horn may not be a good thing afterall. But I was considering a chime/bibbing when car is unlocked, not necessarily honking the horn. Anyways, I can live without it.

I will try to locate direction indicators wire in the evening, this is not so important either, but a nice touch, thats all  :) I will keep you posted with some pictures...

On another note, I just noticed, the Kit has GREEN cable to shut the power window after 30 seconds of locking the car. Now, Implementing this could be very useful in my personal experience. Couple of days ago, while I was trying to fit this kit in my car, I left my passenger side front window wide open and it was open for at least an hour, then my neighbour called to inform that. I left all tools, trims on the seat, but fortunately nothing was stolen.

Therefore, I was trying to look for the wires to connect the power door, and I guess the cable should be located in the same harness connector as the power window, right? Or, is it not that straight forward?

I looked at the diagram, but seems a bit overwhelming for me. Also this diagram shows connections for 4 doors, but I have 2 doors with power window fitted. Any thoughts on where to connect GREEN wire from the kit please?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Keyless entry! What options do i have?
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
Power windows seems difficult, I looked into this a while back - the motor power wires are isolated when the ignition is switched off. We would need to either change how they got power or add a temporary power supply while they close, it's more than just hooking up one wire.  There are auto-close kits available which may make it easier than hacking the wiring.

A friend had a powered roof and windows on his convertible which closed remotely, it looked good, but i'm just not that flash or bothered.
--
TG

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »

So, the indicators lights were connected on separate harness marked.
After connecting the brown wires from the kit, all working perfectly as expected!!

Thank you TG for all your help and knowledge. Couldn't appreciate enough your input!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »
Excellent find, good to see they are fairly easy to reach.
On the very far right there looks like there might be an orange, but it might not be the horn - could be something else.
--
TG

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 10:04:11 PM »
Thanks TG for the tips. I have decided not to connect the horn. And already wrapped up all the wires.

One thing I have noticed though, since I have connected the indicator wires, my right side repeater not lighting up. And i am 100% sure I have seen it working before connecting the wires to indicator. Just Not  sure at what point it may have stopped working!! Left side seems to be working fine.

Any tips? What to look for please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »
When using the remote kit or when indicating? It may be that there is not enough power delivered through the kit to fully illuminate the indicators, the side repeater it's only a low power bulb compared to the main indicators.

For troubleshooting it may pay to remove the fuse from the remote kit and see if there is a difference, anyway 501 wedge bulbs are dirt cheap if a new one is required.
--
TG

guest6092

• Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »
Thanks TG.
Sorry for delayed response.
I think, I have fried the right wedge bulb when playing with the indicator light connections.
However, i had couple of 501 LED bulbs lying around, after connecting it, back to normal. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest6968

• Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
"The receiver is not included in cars that didn't have remote locking as standard and it's not entirely clear if the wiring exists on all cars to add the Honda receiver, I sent one to somebody but did not hear if it was successfully installed or not."

To TG , I just bought a jazz s, 1.2 2005., it didn't come with remote locking. after reading this thread  I installed remote locking.

Briefly, there are no wires available to plug the keyless receiver unit into, so i went to a scrap yard took the keyless receiver unit with connector and the display gauge from the car (jazz 1.3 2002 -2007) I had a honda remote fob key also.

PLEASE NOTE _my car display gauge does not have the circuitry to work the keyless receiver unit. I added the wire to the "C12" on the green connector of the display gauge. Remote fob from jazz 2008 + does not work with this keyless receiver  unit.

So on the display gauge connectors,
(A) C12 i splice(join) the blue orange from the keyless receiver unit connector
(B) on display gauge connector A1 I splice the white/red wire from the keyless receiver unit connector
(C) on display gauge connector A2 i splice the yellow wire from the keyless receiver unit connector
(D) on display gauge connector A9 i splice the black wire from the keyless receiver unit connector
(E) Replace my original display gauge with the scrap yard one

Did the remote fob programming and it worked. There are companies that do mileage correction about £40.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 06:08:36 PM »
Thanks for the info swrgd, being able to pull apart the dash of a scrap car really helps figure out some things & practice for other jobs.  So swapping the gauges cluster does not disturb the immobiliser coding? Good news.
--
TG

guest6968

• Topic Starter
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
You are welcome TG, the  immobiliser coding is on a different circuit, it is not affected by the gauge swap.

denis_galenkov

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz 2005
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »
HI TG,
I see you are quite a master of the wiring.... Can I ask you for help as well.... A few years have passed since last post so I hope you answer.... I bought a universal remote control... and have read everything, but still have a few questions....

Strangely my remote control has 2 white wires...on the manual it says one goes to the locking system the other to the battery (engine start input +)... and here is my question... where is that?

and do we connect the black and the red cable from the remote control to themselves and then somewhere to the car....?

thanks in advance

Denis

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2019, 10:45:35 PM »
Sadly, TG hasn't been on the forum for a year, so I doubt he will reply. Shame though, he was very helpful.

Some other members have successfully fitted these kits, so hopefully, some help might come along soon. Do you have any diagrams you can post?

Welcome to the forum, by the way!  8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:47:40 PM by sparky Paul »

denis_galenkov

• Registered Member
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 06:48:36 PM »
Thank you Paul!

Here are the diagrams from the manual of the remote control.

From what i kinda of understand is that the second white cable should be used if positive wiring is done.. but not entirely sure.

about the rest, still trying to figure it out.

Best
Denis

denis_galenkov

• Registered Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2019, 07:44:40 PM »
So what i have understood so far... correct and add if wrong or sth missing...

REMOTE WIRES -----> CAR WIRES

RED - RED
White - white/red
whie/black - white

yellow, yellow/black and black - ground under a bolt

i guess it is all this... just what is strange is that i have 2 white wires while i dont see on anyone else 2nd white wire.... can anybody comment on that, pls

Thanks

shannondoah

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2006 1339 cc Petrol
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 11:24:46 AM »
I am new to this Club and to this Technical forum so bear with me. However I am not new to cars that just don't work, which now sadly includes my Wife's Mk1 Jazz.

Essentially the car key, despite gallons of WD40 being squirted into the lock of the Driver's door, has decided not to turn anyone more. So we enlisted the help of a local criminal who was able to to break into our car, after we had given him a significant part of our pension.

Since then I have followed the guidance on YouTube to 'Honda Jazz (Fit) Mk1 (2002 -2008)' to the letter.

So far so Good.
However as it was getting Dark and Cold last evening I was not able to progress the installation of the new wiring, for the Keyless Entry System (KES) which will connect with the low down connector in the Driver's footwell, under the Bonnet  Catch.

There are a number of wires that need to be piggy backed onto the exiting connector. All the wires however seem really tight and I was having difficulties in connecting the wires to the KES, hence please advise the best way to clear this hopefully final hurdle.

And my thanks to you in anticipation of a  prompt response.   

Tags: