Author Topic: Help for an old chap  (Read 7369 times)

guest5079

Help for an old chap
« on: October 02, 2015, 09:27:56 AM »
I am at a loss as to how I can view the many attachments that learned members post. I say learned as they must be to understand all this computer speak.
I have tried Google with no luck, all it deals with is animated clip.gif
Please can you help an old guy getting short on marbles?

guest4324

• Topic Starter
Re: Help for an old chap
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
Hi, normally to view attachments you have to be logged in. If it's a photo then it should be visible in the comment and you just click on it to expand. If it's a link to a website it should be possible to just click on the link (http://www.blablabla) and it will open a new tab on your computer to the website. What are you usually using, a computer, tablet, phone etc and which system - windows, apple, android?
Just ask if you need more info, I'm used to helping my misses and mum etc so there are no daft questions!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
The attachments should automatically open when clicked on. I wonder if you have an over-zealous pop-up blocker or anti-virus software.

Have you tried a different web browser, such as Firefox?
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »
Well, I did ask!  If it is a link http etc no problems. Sometimes with an attachment it will work but if it is a clip.gif, I  right click on the paper clip  and I get a full page of grey with a nice paper clip in the centre. No matter what I have tried no luck. My computer is an HP probook with Windows 7 and I was advised to use Firefox for my browser as IE had more problems. My security is Windows security essentials and to cap it all I am a dunce.
Thank you in anticipation.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
Hi I'm also an " old chap" I use Windows 7 and IE 11 and no problems also use I Pad and again no problems at all you could try google chrome,it's just a download then you can switch between browsers whenever you want ,good luck

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
I use W7 and Chrome and Addblock  on a laptop and ditto with W10 on a PC.

No issues at all.. Mind you I am just short of my 96th err no it's 68th birthday so just a youngster.  :-*

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
I do not know what I did but I pressed a few buttons and low and behold all has been revealed.
So thank you all who tried to help.

Tags:

anything