Author Topic: No Dealer in Leeds  (Read 11118 times)

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
No Dealer in Leeds
« on: November 23, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »
Had a letter the other day from Honda stating that Stratstone Leeds were no longer Honda dealers.
I only went there once and they were a waste of time, so as far as I am concerned it is no great loss.
Very glad I have not bought a car from them with a service plan. Wonder what would happen to that.
Wonder if a new Honda Dealer is anywhere on the horizon and will they be worth a visit?
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: No Dealer in Leeds
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
The service plan is with Honda UK, not the dealer, so you can go to a different dealer for each service if you want.

DWF

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »
There are now no Honda dealers in Liverpool (or Southport) I noticed that the local dealership closed up and moved out very quickly last month. A letter this week invited me to use the local dealerships in Crewe, Warrington, or Ellsmere Port  :o So I have to decide which edge of civilisation I wish to be stuck in for my next service.

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:42:12 PM »
Gilders Sheffield are brilliant.

a long established dealership with established & knowledgeable staff, they have always fulfilled my Honda needs.

a bit far for you guys to travel to but i cant speak highly enough of them......

'deny everything Baldrick'

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
Honda UK targets dealers with monthly get these sales, hence the turnover at large retail sites, I think the Southport 'branch' is now part of Cox Group.

stiggysawdust

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Gilders Sheffield are brilliant.

a long established dealership with established & knowledgeable staff, they have always fulfilled my Honda needs.

a bit far for you guys to travel to but i cant speak highly enough of them......

Bought my 2010 Jazz EX from Gilder in Rotherham. Well worth the travel, very happy with the deal I got.
Just bought my 2015 HR-V from Marshall Honda in Harrogate and the service was exceptional and only about 13 miles away.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 02:38:37 AM »
Marshall Honda in York plus Harrogate, Northallerton has always been OK with me.

Service & parts desk are pretty down to earth. Sometimes fits Eurocarparts stuff instead of OEM depending on who's paying and their wishes, this may suit if it's your wallet, but I'd insist on OEM for warranty work.

Disappearing Honda franchises does seem to be a trend of 2015.
--
TG

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »
Honda sales have been on a UK decline for years - picked up end 2015 with new models..

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 05:09:58 PM »
The flashy place at Cheshire Oaks (Ellesmere Port), where Honda closed down the well regarded Saunders Chester and the excellent TwoMills Ledsham, always seems dead to me.  I can't imagine how in any normal business sense that can possibly be viable.  I think it was elsewhere on this forum that I saw a report that dealers regarded Honda as the worst franchise to have.

At one time you'd see loads of Jazz's around here but you see new ones (newer reg's not the mk3) rarely.  I guess we'll never know, but it would be interesting to know what the combined sales figures of those branches was, and what Cheshire Oaks is doing now.

Alan

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 07:02:37 PM »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »
I cannot recommend Hepworth Honda in Huddersfield and Halifax highly enough. I have been with them, on and off, since 1998 and the have been superb, in all aspects of sales and servicing.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.

Tags:

anything