Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by Jocko on October 17, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »
Perhaps it has something to do with the difficulties Honda UK seems to be having with supplies of the appropriate CVT fluid.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9509.msg52638#new
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on October 17, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Thanks - it's a bit annoying they didn't even bring it to my attention. I usually just service my car every 12 months and just assumed Honda would be the same and anything that needed doing then would get done once rather than taking the car back the garage several times in between...

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by Jocko on October 17, 2017, 07:50:59 AM »
The only true measure of my mpg is when I fill up at the pump (same one every time if possible, and on the same level forecourt) and calculate my mileage for that complete tankful. What the ScanGauge shows me is all relative. The instantaneous read out tells me how I am doing, but is not a definitive figure. The same goes for my daily or trip mpg. It shows me whether I am better or worse than yesterday. It is not a million miles out, but the calculated figure is better (and the average over several tankfuls better still.
The accuracy of the ScanGauge improves with every tankful (calibration adjusted each time you fill up to steadily improve the error), but unfortunately I botched the setup at the beginning of September, and had to do a remedial setup on half a tank, to get reasonable numbers again. Because I only have to fill my tank twice a month it takes a spell before the numbers are accurate again.
The reason I botched things is I was trying to rush on a busy forecourt and stuck too many gallons into the equation! I now fill up, collect my receipt with the numbers I need, then pull into the nearest bay (supermarket car park) to do my sums and enter my data.
So all in all I think the accuracy of the data was the biggest factor, though I have now added a couple more psi to the tyres (they don't get so hot in the winter) and I have developed a modified driving style for dual carriageways, based on controlling my Manifold Absolute Pressure. Every little thing helps.
Regarding the average over several tanks. Fuelly.com, where I record my top ups, gives the average over the last 10 tankfuls, and my figure is currently 60.0 mpg (my Spritmonitor numbers, shown beside my avatar, are for my time of owning the vehicle).
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by jazzway on October 16, 2017, 10:53:37 PM »
I'm confused - does this mean the car is due a gearbox fluid change in 140 days time?
Yes, i think so.

When i look in our (Dutch) manual i see that gearbox fluid must be changed every 120.000km or 72 months, whatever comes first.

Last year we replaced all fluids of our Jazz during it's first service of the car in our possession.

With your Jazz from the same year as ours they should have changed the gearbox fluid also.

Other members here have more knowledge than me as what to do, change or wait a year.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by MartinJG on October 16, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »

Jocko

So was the drop in MPG an anomaly, if so, what do you think caused it if not the tyres? Could it have been a blip in the meter reading?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Wiper Blades
« Last post by copelandbc on October 16, 2017, 08:58:46 PM »
2010 Honda Jazz 1.4.
Where is the best place to get new wiper blades? My local car parts shop was telling me I needed "hybrid" wipers @ 25 a set. I'm confused.
Honda Jazz Mk1 FAQ / Re: Honda Jazz 2002-2006 rear wheel bearings
« Last post by culzean on October 16, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »
I replaced my rear o/s bearing today.
The bearing I got from Ebay for 25 Came with a bigger 32mm(?) nut, so I just used the existing one which is 30mm.

I have a 30mm A/F full hex socket, which I use for bearing nut,  but USA nut may be a 1-1/4" A/F.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on October 16, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »
Just had a Honda 12 service today and the service reminder service has been reset but now it says:

the number 3 (I'm assuming this means transmission fluid change as this is item 3 in the service book) with 140 next to a day/night picture icon.

I'm confused - does this mean the car is due a gearbox fluid change in 140 days time?

The handbook isn't very clear on this, before this service the car had run a full year before telling me it was due a service so I thought it was just set to a full year interval but the 140 would seem to be otherwise?
Honda Jazz Mk1 FAQ / Re: Honda Jazz 2002-2006 rear wheel bearings
« Last post by sentra on October 16, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
I replaced my rear o/s bearing today.
The bearing I got from Ebay for 25 Came with a bigger 32mm(?) nut, so I just used the existing one which is 30mm.
I belive US spec Jazz(fit) has a 32mm nut and Euro is 30mm but am not 100% sure.

Thank you everyone for the advice in this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything