Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2012 EX - best tyres?
« Last post by auntyneddy on April 18, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »
One thing I DO NOT miss from my M/C days.
Looking at the state of our roads, I have noticed that where two lanes are joined and the road surface is breaking up a trench about 3 inches wide and as deep as the layer of tarmac appears which must be very dangerous to M/C riders. I thought the dangers of tram lines and bicycle wheels were long gone now it is even more dangerous.
Yes I am old enough to have fallen foul of tramlines.
 I of course should  remember that we have modern trams with their dreaded lines.
Hi all,

Next Tuesday I am going to collect a Jazz 18 plate pre-reg 1.3 SE manual - looking forward to it and hopefully contributing a little on here.

I realise that these cars should be fairly bulletproof from new but, as I have not owned a Honda before, was wondering if the 5 years servicing for 599 and the Hondacare (warrantly and roadside assistance) extended to 5 years for 350 are good value.

In particular are 5 services likely to cost me more than 120 / service.  I realise that the Hondacare probably somes more down to your personal appetite for risk.

Thanks
Tim
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / Re: Locking Wheel Nuts
« Last post by Mr Onion on April 18, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »
Photos added
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Occasional thump from the boot area.
« Last post by zzaj on April 18, 2018, 10:23:01 AM »
You can check the date of your spare tyre. My Jazz is 10 years old and I don't think mine has ever been replaced.

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age

Mike.

Notice also the treadwear number in the top left corner of the photo. This is useful when comparing value/ price of tyres. Cheaper tyres will  have a lower number and wear quicker.
« Last post by peteo48 on April 18, 2018, 10:03:44 AM »
Just off the top of my head, would there be a problem? You are supposed to stick to low speeds and, as long as it gets you home or to a tyre place, it will still do its job unless there is some law I don't know about.
« Last post by Jocko on April 18, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
Thanks. I just checked it out and it is the original Bridgestone space saver tyre, supplied with the car back in 2006. It has never touched the road. It still has the little pips of rubber a new tyre has on the edges of the treads. I checked it thoroughly, and there are no cracks, splits of glazing anywhere to be seen. I was particularly vigilant between the treads, but it is for all the world like a brand new tyre - if it wasn't for the date stamp.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by Jocko on April 18, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
How is a human driver supposed to be more able than a computer to drive a car in a tricky situation
I don't think they are envisioning a tricky situation. It is more a case of a situation the car is not designed to accommodate. After all, the Venturer trial found it took about 2-3 seconds for a driver to competently take charge of the vehicle. Not much use as you slide on black ice or plough towards a group of nuns on a zebra crossing!
The reports call systems that require a back up driver, Advanced Driver Assist and not Fully Autonomous, and the government's "The Pathway To Driverless Cars" differentiates between Highly Autonomous Vehicles (driver required) and Fully Autonomous Vehicles (where no driver is required).
« Last post by MikeG1944 on April 18, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
You can check the date of your spare tyre. My Jazz is 10 years old and I don't think mine has ever been replaced.

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age

Mike.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by richardfrost on April 18, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
How is a human driver supposed to be more able than a computer to drive a car in a tricky situation, if that human driver has not...

a) built up many years of driving skills themselves?
b) the immediate situational awareness of the computer, if they have not been required to be paying attention for the last x miles?

I think a fully autonomous AV needs to be exactly that. If it cannot be fully autonomous, then it will always be some form of driver assist, and therefore there needs to be a driver.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Occasional thump from the boot area.
« Last post by Jocko on April 18, 2018, 07:07:21 AM »
I occasionally get a creak or a thump from the boot area, so decided to clean it out. After removing my snow shovel, two pair of dancing shoes, and assorted detritus, I checked everything was tight in the spare well. It was the first time I checked what was in the tool bag, and was surprised to find they had never been used. Neither has the spare wheel. I realise they may gave been replaced some time recently. The tyre certainly doesn't look 12 years old.
Whether I have cured my noise I will find out in due course. My MOT is due shortly, so that should show up anything mechanical.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]