Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: best/cheapest place in the US to get coil packs?
« Last post by culzean on February 22, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »
Most of the members on here are based in the United Kingdom, there are a few in the US, but I'm not sure how many. You might have better luck with a question like this on a dedicated US Honda Fit forum.

Try

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/

see you were on there yesterday ansys

did you try a search ?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/95601-how-many-times-have-you-replaced-coil-packs.html

Rock Auto seems to be the place

The only car I have ever replaced a coil pack on was my wifes Fiat (which is quite normal because Italians have never understood electricity ) - The thing that normally kills coils is letting the spark plug gap get too large (which happens on GD rear coils because sometimes plugs get left in too long due to fact most garages do not know they are there) this causes the coil to be stressed by generating more and more voltage to jump the gap until inevitably the coil pack insulation fails and arcs over. Combined with the heat from exhaust manifold the rear coils get a hard life.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: "My Honda" dongle & app
« Last post by Hebden on February 22, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
No idea if one has been fitted in the SE I picked up yesterday. There is certainly a little booklet about it in the driverís pack. Does it qualify as a tracker for insurance purposes.?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: best/cheapest place in the US to get coil packs?
« Last post by sparky Paul on February 22, 2018, 12:16:51 AM »
Most of the members on here are based in the United Kingdom, there are a few in the US, but I'm not sure how many. You might have better luck with a question like this on a dedicated US Honda Fit forum.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Auto idle stop on CVT, neutral and other issues.
« Last post by Downsizer on February 21, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »
I live in Warrington which has several swing bridges and these cause lengthy delays. Not only that you don't want to keep your foot on the brake for, say, 10 minutes in any event. Dealer suggests putting it in Park, engine off, and restart as normal so that is what I'll do.
The engine would restart well before 10 mins to protect the battery, so it's much better all round to switch off at level crossings, swing bridges etc.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Honest Answers Required - Is the Mk3 better than the Mk2?
« Last post by jazzway on February 21, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
Once I've cut my left leg off and stopped groping for a gear stick I'll be fine!
LOL
I have done that and can honestly say after more than 2 years...: i havenít miss my left leg for a second. ;)
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 10:22:58 PM »
Before I got the Jazz I had an 85 Carlton, a 92 Cavalier and a 01 Volvo S40, and they were all bullet proof. The two Vauxhalls had almost 400,00 miles between them, when passed on, and not a problem at all. I wouldn't have parted with the Cavalier except my wife spotted the Volvo and fell in love with it. I gave the Cavalier to my nephew, who ran it for a couple more years before the rust bug got to it.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Chain or belt?
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »
the mk 2 jazz 1.3 is an i vetec engine with 4 long life spark plugs.
[/quote]He says his car is a 1.2 not a 1.3, hence my comment about plugs. Didn't appreciate that later models were VTEC whether 1.2 or 1.3.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Navi CVT.......
« Last post by Dayjo on February 21, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
I went to my local dealer's, this afternoon. To book a service/ mot.

They had two, sporty blue, Sport 1.5's, just arrived......

They looked, a shade darker, than the pics show.

Navigator, now wants a blue one.......  ::)

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by peteo48 on February 21, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
I'm on Honda number 5 - no trouble with any of them and all were second hand. I have also had 3 Nissans (although none recently) and found them bullet proof as well.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Climate Control
« Last post by davegreen55 on February 21, 2018, 07:40:55 PM »
Corteco make a carbon activated filter Part No 8001184. Any decent motor factor who uses FPS as a supplier should be able to get one from them for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]