Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on Today at 03:51:18 PM »
Hi Steve, I did read this in the manual about the 10 day thing and I think your right, this does seem to add up.

Just thought it strange as I assumed when they reset it 3 days ago it would of been reset to a round number but in fairness I don't know how they actually reset them? Maybe they enter an actual date on reset.

The car computer is definitely working this out in days and not miles as it gives the sun/star icon next to the number which would mean days - don't think it shows this logo if it is set in miles. Also the days remaining do add up to when the transmission fluid is next due replacement in accordance to the service schedule in the manual.

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 03:41:22 PM »
Today is windless and sunless. Guess what? Wind and solar  energy input to the Grid is minimal less than 10%.
http://gridwatch.co.uk/
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Hypermiling.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 03:32:48 PM »
I switch off at traffic lights if I know I am in for a bit of a wait. There are certain sets of lights that you know, if they change to red just as you approach them, will be red for a spell. These are the times I switch off. They reckon that you need to be switched off for more than 7 seconds to see any benefit.
I did an Energy Trust free driving course and the instructor told me, after out first circuit, to read the average mpg then leave the engine idling.We talked for two minutes then he said "What's it reading now?". It had dropped considerably. He told me always to switch off if stopped for any length of time. Now, I even switch off when I drop my wife at her work. By the time she gathers her stuff, gets out, walks off, then turns and gives me a wave, 15 or more seconds have passed.
Even with the number of starts and stops I do in a day I come nowhere near that of a doctor doing house calls, or a health visitor visiting patients. The manufacturers have built in a huge safety margin regarding wear and tear on the starting system. Cars with engine stop/start are fitted with AGM batteries, but that is to cope with a far greater stop/start cycle than I am looking at.
The guys on here that use their Jazz's for driving lessons will do 10 times the stops and starts in a day than I ever do. I would imagine their starter motors still last the lifetime of their cars (?)
« Last post by Steve_M on Today at 03:30:47 PM »
If you look in the Owners manual is says the following:

If the remaining days are more than
30 days, the display will be changed
in increments of 10 days. When the
remaining days are under 30 days,
the display will be counted down per
day.

That will be why it jumped from 140 to 130 in 3 days, as it wasn't actually 140 days, but more like 133 but would only drop by whole 10's
« Last post by JohnAlways on Today at 03:20:12 PM »
I think Jocko's answer (after 10 minutes) is probably correct.
I did read somewhere about the countdown being in days but maybe that was the pre-facelift GE or the Fit as mine is 100% indicated miles or else I have 3400 days till next service :) . I think maybe the counter wasn't reset properly.
I also don't think that changing the MTF is essential to do on the dot.
Anyone else here that has done it themselves And live on a hill.. It's a level plug for the gearbox oil, is there any good place to use a spirit level to check the car is level, taking so little oil it would be easy to be 10% out. I used the passenger side door sill to class as level, anyone else have a different area? As the level plug is on the side of the gearbox running the length of the car I reversed it up ramps on the front wheels to obtain a level on my sloping drive.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Hypermiling.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 03:09:46 PM »
We've already got a thread on Electric Cars but some drivers of these go in for a form of hypermiling. My mate reckons he has squeezed 100 miles out of his 24 kwh Nissan Leaf but he always was a slow driver.

One thing I'm looking at is cutting the engine at some traffic lights - mainly those where I know that if they've just turned red I'm in for a 2 minute wait. Got to be careful with this one as the components on a car with stop/start have been uprated (starter motor and battery).
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:45:24 PM »
Does it take days AND miles into consideration? 75K miles over 8 years works out at 25 miles per day. Perhaps if you do more miles it adds that into the equation and evaluates accordingly. I might be totally of the beam here, but any service light I ever had on a vehicle, took mileage into consideration. Not days.

Ten minutes later.
Just had a read of the 2016 Fit manual, online. Are you sure it isn't telling you how many miles are left? Have you covered 10 miles since 140 days to 130 days? Are you sure they didn't change the transmission oil but didn't reset the counter? From what I have read in the manual you have to reset each of the codes individually.
Just throwing ideas out there.
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on Today at 02:18:46 PM »
I don't actually mind it being switched on or off just confusing me now that the days have decreased from 140 down to 130 in 3 days?

Next service item due according to the car is just the transmission fluid on it's own and nothing else - seems like a wasted trip to the garage to have just 1 job done.

When the service reminder was reset 3 days ago on my last service it said 140 days for transmission oil which is correct as in my service book it says every 75k or 8 years. My car will be 8 years old in March 2018 which is around 140 days time but now it says 130 days so I'm just concerned it's going keep counting it down wrong and then start telling me to change it before it's due a change!
« Last post by JohnAlways on Today at 01:55:00 PM »
In all honesty this was covered a couple of years ago in this forum and honda dealers were reported as knowing exactly what what being discussed. I also realise a lot of dealerships have closed or have transferred to different groups and this older knowledge is less requested and discussed. Most of the staff in dealerships you have access to are sales, they know the in's and out's of the newest models, questions about maintenance reminders and switching off would be addressed to the older members of the workshop team. Unfortunately with "elf and safety" mere customers and mortals don't have access to this unless you know which pub they drink in or they live next door to you, you have to wait until sales receptionists have got around to answering. If the maintenance reminder is disabled then it cannot be re-enabled. Some dealers turned them off as part of the PDI whilst others gave the customer a choice at delivery. If it was decided to turn it off that's that. I am glad mine is on though if it hadn't been that would be that. i do however use it as a guide so I can keep a check on when to order parts for a service. I don't mess with intermediate services, apart from gearbox oil and spark plugs all other items (filters and engine oil) are changed. I also go to town on the brakes, physically checking brakes and sliders, disk wear and hand brake operation. Over the top  maybe but I also lubricate doors, seat sliders,  handles and bonnet latches as I used to do when working on very high mileage fleet vehicles. As I'm getting on it makes the job a bit more onerous but pedantic is just the way I am.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Screen Wash
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 01:38:59 PM »
Also, some people say they put in undiluted Screen Wash as winter approaches. That might be sure to stop it freezing, but doesn't it reduce cleaning qualities and cause streaking?
I use Clearalex concentrated solution, and I find it works better neat than diluted. This has been my opinion with other concentrates too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10