Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Battery Life?
« Last post by Jocko on June 23, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »
As the uptake of electric cars increases it won't be long before the UK government starts to put tax on electricity used to charge a motor vehicle. It is a cash cow they cannot pass up, especially as duty on petrol and diesel will be tailing off.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Brake pad shims
« Last post by Jocko on June 23, 2017, 04:23:03 PM »
I wouldn't recommend Molyslip or Copaslip for brakes on ABS equipped cars. Both these greases are conductive and can cause issues with ABS sensors. We supply White Brake Grease for ABS equipped vehicles and Copaslip for non ABS.
« Last post by JohnAlways on June 23, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »
This morning, Tesla Motors announced via its official blog that it will no longer offer lifetime free charging at its Supercharger network for new buyers. Starting in 2017, new Teslas will only come with a limited amount of free charging every year.

Up until now, every Tesla sold came with free, unlimited recharging at any Supercharger station in Tesla's growing nationwide network. In an announcement this morning, Tesla says any cars ordered after January 1st, 2017 will come with just 400 kWh of complimentary Supercharging per year, equivalent to roughly 1000 miles worth of range. After that, owners will have to pay a "small fee" to power up their cars.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Brake pad shims
« Last post by finn_mccool on June 23, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »
Thanks culzean.

I've routinely slimmed the ears before fitting new pads - it's a good trick.
« Last post by auntyneddy on June 23, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
JazzWay,
 When I took the battery out of the car, there was a sticker on the side with 10/10/10 on it nothing else. The battery was not a make I had ever heard of but it was made in Japan.
« Last post by Garyman on June 23, 2017, 02:26:29 PM »

When they get an EV with 400 mile range and 10 minute recharge and guarantee plenty of charging points with no queues I may reconsider.

We may need to start a new thread regarding EV (or maybe theres one already) but after seeing a member on another forum with a Tesla X, I've completely fallen in love with it and really want one! 

Doubt I could afford one currently but the more I research about it, the more I see EV being my next car.  I just wish they could make it more affordable.

People on that thread say the Tesla can be up to THREE / FOUR TIMES more than what they previously had but have no regrets. 

The free Superchargers for charging the car out in the network sounds encouraging but considering you're spending 80k+ on a car, you're more or less paying for the "fuel" in advance?  That's the way I see it anyways.
« Last post by peteo48 on June 23, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »
Some good points Culzean. It's why, for me, at present, they don't quite stack up. On the range issue I have been doing a little exercise simply jotting down roughly how many miles I do in a day since the start of the year. As of today I haven't done a single journey that even a limited mileage EV couldn't do.

However, in September, we are doing a bit of a UK road trip taking in the Malverns, Cornwall and Bath over 7 days. I'll do 800 miles plus. 15 x 30 minute fast charges? No thanks.

My mate, on the other hand, saves significant money with his EV as he does about 10,000 miles a year and changed when his ICE car was ready to be traded in. He bought used. He has access to an ICE car (his daughters) for the occasional long trip (about 2 a year) simply swapping cars for those trips.

Sorry guys - a bit off topic!
« Last post by Garyman on June 23, 2017, 02:19:52 PM »
Surely you must have a Yuasa battery?

--
TG

Cant find anything that would suggest its a Yuasa one
« Last post by culzean on June 23, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
stop start is same for battery as ICE pretty much,  power supply still has to provide power to get car moving and accelerate (which  is more power than steady speed - unless that speed is 100mph ),  obviously electric cars don't have a 'tickover' to waste fuel while standing but most cars have start stop nowadays anyway.

When they get an EV with 400 mile range and 10 minute recharge and guarantee plenty of charging points with no queues I may reconsider.

I just love the way they advertise PHEV like Mitsubishi Outlander and BMW i8 - it seems as though they don't consider electrical power as 'fuel used' - I worked with a couple of people who had Outlander as company vehicle,  20 miles on full battery and then 30mpg after (and only a small fuel tank) and they can still claim stupid mpg figures which any half-witted engineer can see don't add up (135mpg for a 300BHP car ? ) The batteries alone in the Mitsubishi weigh 500kg and will take the SUV 20 miles fully charged wtf!

Nothing depreciates like an EV............. at that rate of depreciation the cost per mile becomes absolutely shocking

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/14410937.Man_warns_of_electric_vehicle_depreciation_after_losing___15_000_on_Nissan_Leaf_in_18_months/
« Last post by jazzway on June 23, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
Is there a date on the battery i can see from above? Our Jazz will be 7 years in November and because we bought the car before its 5th 'birthday' i have no idea if this is the original battery. We have no problems at all what could be indicated on battery life, but maybe it suddenly dies tomorrow. Second question, can i buy the right battery on forehand and storage it until we need it? I ask this because i already know that by the time the battery dies i have to choose between Bosch and Bosch and there will be no time to order a better brand battery in time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10