Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« Last post by ColinS on April 19, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
Periodically I visit a customer where I have to drive up to a drop down barrier and press an intercom button for them to let me in.  It always cuts in then and always surprises me  :o
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by zzaj on April 19, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
I doubt if there is a download - there should be!

My best thought is, rather than ask the dealer (who in my own experience also will be very ill informed) sit in the dealers with a copy of the manual of a display car.

Or, worst case, invest in ordering a hard copy manual from the dealer before you buy - could save an expensive decision.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: My New MK3 Jazz
« Last post by peteo48 on April 19, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »

But what don't you like about the idle stop feature? It seems a shame for you to be constantly disabling it. It almost never causes me any problems and whilst it probably isn't saving fuel or reducing pollution by huge amounts it is helping. My only gripe with it is one you won't have in that on the CVT version you have to keep the foot brake pressed at all times to keep the engine off.

The only annoyance with the idle stop feature from my point of view is when you pull into the drive, depress the brake thereby cutting off the engine only for it to start again as you go into park and take your foot off the brake.

I've solved this by turning it off as I approach my drive or any other situation where I am going to park. It's second nature to me now and I agree that the fuel and air pollution savings may be small but they are worthwhile.
Oh well thanks for that info. Most mornings no problem but did it twice to day.

The other thing that annoys me is having to hit OK each time I start the car to get the screen active. I am quite able to remember the warning message so I don't need to get it rammed down my throat each time I start the car.

Yeah, that's similar to the one I have. I haven't actually left it running all day and night. It's on a timer so runs from 6am to 8am and 1500 to 2200. Since the house is empty most weekdays there didn't seem any need to have it run 24/7. It definitely helps clothes dry quickly - even more than it used to. Clearly having reduced the RH it now sucks water out of wet clothes far faster.

And, yes, it's supposed to reduce heating costs by removing water (which takes energy to heat it) and releasing the energy from extracted water back into the room. I haven't decided yet whether I'll run it through summer.

Our Ebac 3850e runs continuously for 24 hours after power is cycled and its on-board humistat is supposed to build up a profile of the times it needs to come on. If you leave it on all the time in smart mode after 24 hours it only comes on occasionally when humidity exceeds 50%. There is a 'laundry' override timer which you can press that will cause it to run continuously for either one or two hours and then revert back to smart mode.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by mcderd on April 19, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
Thanks, Yes I have found one for the Fit, read some things in it then found out they do not apply to UK model, which is why I was looking for a UK specific one.

Thanks also for the cruise/limiter/intelligent limiter info, I was hoping it would be easy to toggle between them.

I am reluctant to ask dealer too many questions because up to now they do not seem that well informed. When I take the plunge I am sure I will find out a lot of things I don't even know about yet.
Yeah, that's similar to the one I have. I haven't actually left it running all day and night. It's on a timer so runs from 6am to 8am and 1500 to 2200. Since the house is empty most weekdays there didn't seem any need to have it run 24/7. It definitely helps clothes dry quickly - even more than it used to. Clearly having reduced the RH it now sucks water out of wet clothes far faster.

And, yes, it's supposed to reduce heating costs by removing water (which takes energy to heat it) and releasing the energy from extracted water back into the room. I haven't decided yet whether I'll run it through summer.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
I had it once when someone entering a roundabout forgot they had a trailer. I allowed for that and stopped just fine (with some foul language) but when the trailer was half way across my front I put my foot down knowing it'd be clear before I reached it. The car disagreed and slammed the brakes on almost immediately, along with lots of beeping and flashing on the dash.
Sadly not. In over two years of ownership I've only actually hit 'Change Language' once but this morning for instance I had to stab at the screen several times before my fingers found 'Ok'. Which given its size and my familiarity with touch technology is pretty depressing :(

It's not much better with the climate control 'buttons' :(

Stupid Honda.
I keep hitting the Change language prompt on the initial startup instead of the "OK".

Is their any way to move this back into the System Menus?

I don't really understand why this function is available all the time as its something you only want to do once.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10