Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
New Members / Re: New Member
« Last post by RichardA on June 24, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Front anti roll bar
« Last post by auntyneddy on June 24, 2017, 11:37:08 AM »
I am sorry to show my ignorance but given the rear axle is a beam with fixed ends how can an anti roll bar have any effect on the action of the axle. Each end of the beam is fixed via rubber bushes to the body and so if one wheel goes up the other has to follow.It appears a bush in the centre of the beam allows for a little movement but very little. Or am I well off beam ( sorry ) Incidentally these bushes do not appear to be a replacement item, a new beam is required. OUCH.
Unlike the old DeDion axle which was basically a beam axle the 'tube' was split and so the wheels could move up and down independently.
As to changing the front anti roll bar, having looked up the on line manual,for another job, this has all the appearance of being a right pig of a job. The first thing that rang alarm bells was to remove the steering wheel. Why cars have to be complicated in the good old days the anti roll bar was invariably in front of the suspension and so a 'five minute job'.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Clicking noise
« Last post by finn_mccool on June 24, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »
Servicing tomorrow so will take a look.
« Last post by culzean on June 24, 2017, 08:27:31 AM »
Fitted a 19mm rear anti roll bar, reduced under steer, the turn in is much better.
 Looking now to replace the front one, with a larger diameter.   Any one already done this.
  Honda did on the SI...

If you really want to sharpen steering and improve turn-in on Jazz you will need to fit a Civic steering rack LOL

The Jazz seems to have twice as many steering wheel turns from lock-to-lock and this catches me out sometimes when I swap between My wifes Si Jazz and my Civic,  normally on Civic it is just a flick of steerring wheel to navigate an island or bend,  but in the Jazz more turning is required.  Mind you I prefer the Jazz on a car park as the steering lock is great for getting in and out of tight spots - still that's what the Jazz is - a city car and the Civic loves the open road wroom wroom  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: A tyre warning!
« Last post by eagle123 on June 24, 2017, 12:56:33 AM »
My civic had it's mot and service 3 weeks ago.
They did a health check and the dealers informed me that rear brakes pads 90 percent worn disk minimum thickness 8.03 mm front brakes pads 60 percent worn disks below minimum thickness 20mm quoted price 290 each declined and did the job myself total parts 168 that for both rear pads disks and front brake pads and disks.
I am studying motor mechanic course at college part time and have passed the level.one.
Brakes easy to do ..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

« Last post by PChan100 on June 24, 2017, 12:49:46 AM »
Fitted a 19mm rear anti roll bar, reduced under steer, the turn in is much better.
 Looking now to replace the front one, with a larger diameter.   Any one already done this.
  Honda did on the SI...
Do you have any pictures u can share i was thinking of doing it cos the handling lacks from the old honda jazz

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / 2009 Jazz EX Spare Wheel ?
« Last post by saxaphone on June 23, 2017, 10:09:12 PM »
GE. EX. Alloy wheel fitted with Bridgestone tyre with plenty of tread. 185/55/16 50.00. Bargain. Collection only.
Oldham. Greater Manchester.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Front anti roll bar
« Last post by Petrolhead9 on June 23, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
  Honda did on the SI...
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Battery Life?
« Last post by culzean on June 23, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
As the uptake of electric cars increases it won't be long before the UK government starts to put tax on electricity used to charge a motor vehicle. It is a cash cow they cannot pass up, especially as duty on petrol and diesel will be tailing off.

Yes I agree,  they won't miss out on that cashcow, even down to having special meters in your house and maybe special voltages to make sure you can't sneak a charge of normal 230 mains. 

Tesla in USA promised free charging with their very expensive novelty cars but because the rich people who bought them are so mean the owners were driving miles to get to the local free charging stations to get topped up and huge queues were forming, which meant anyone trying to get a charge during a long journey was unable to. 

Even the Tesla business model (which I believe has yet to make a profit) can't stand the financial drain of 'free charging for life' that they had to promise to get people to buy their cars,  Tesla has had little competition to date but the big 'cash rich' German and Jap car makers will soon be snapping at their heels and then it will be interesting.  Tesla so far has been a company that attracted investors to its novelty products but has made them no money - how long will this continue before shares get dumped and company folds ?

http://www.investopedia.com/news/will-tesla-make-profit-2017-tsla/
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Brake pad shims
« Last post by culzean on June 23, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
I wouldn't recommend Molyslip or Copaslip for brakes on ABS equipped cars. Both these greases are conductive and can cause issues with ABS sensors. We supply White Brake Grease for ABS equipped vehicles and Copaslip for non ABS.

The thick and gooey high temp Moly grease sachet supplied with OEM or decent quality pads is just for the 'ears' and it says that on instructions - it is proper stiff grease because it is used so close to discs,  and is exposed to elements and you don't want it to get washed away, collect dirt or degrade at very high temperatures.  The ABS sensor is a million miles away from the ears (and from anything else on brakes,  it may be near wheel bearings,  which on Honda have the encoder ring as part of outer bearing,  but they are sealed anyway),  the more liquid white hi-temp lithium TRW PFG 110 grease is for everything else including slide pins (although I would prefer a grease with moly in for those as well,  but it has to be non-petroleum based rubber friendly grease if it is anywhere near gaiters or seals.

Any metal to metal contact needs the staying power of a thick grease which won't get washed out,  with a high content of MSO2 and graphite and very little oil (which can boil away if brakes get hot) - for anything in contact with rubber a lithium or silicone based grease,  neither of which have the high temperature capability of moly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10