Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
Periodically I visit a customer where I have to drive up to a drop down barrier and press an intercom button for them to let me in.  It always cuts in then and always surprises me  :o
I park my car in the garage overnight. You should hear the bells and whistles when I drive in and out. Although as I mentioned once before it might be better if they came over the speakers as they are sometimes hard to hear over my music.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
You're correct, there should be a download, it's 2018 after all lol.
This is a company that released a car with an infotainment unit built on a version of Android that had been superseded a several years earlier. Car manufacturers still struggle with IT. Most of their websites are clunky and poorly laid out.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Microphones for hands free
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »
I'm not sure where it is but like the Mk2 it produces clear audio for whoever is on the line. I don't use the telephone much when driving but have on a few occasions and no-one has had any problems understanding me.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Horn Relay Location
« Last post by Smiff on April 19, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »
Thanks
We actually have the opposite problem - the horn occasionally sticks on constantly. I was looking to check the relay condition and also to be able to remove it as an emergency roadside repair if it happens again.

Removing the fuse also takes out other items... Including the break lights.

I have now temporarily disconnected the wires from the horns themselves.

Using a test lamp I now know the horns is not on.

I can hear a relay pickup near the underdash fuse box when the horn buttons are pressed. But it doesn't seem to be any of the relays you can access from the front.

Any ideas?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Microphones for hands free
« Last post by mcderd on April 19, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »
Does anyone who has an up to date Jazz know if it has a microphone near the driver, most cars have them in the roof lining. It looks like the Jazz has two microphones on the head unit. This seems a bit poor, I have a unit like that in my car now and the microphone in the head unit does not work well.

I have attached a picture.

I think what the above thread shows is that dealers have a lot of discretion in terms of what they offer and what's included. I've got an odd deal with my dealership. I've taken finance out to buy my current car because it includes 2 free services. I had to do some maths on this one and it soon became clear that the interest payments on the finance would far exceed the value of the 2 services. However, under the deal I signed up to, the service plan is issued after the 4th payment. At that point I can settle the finance in full. The charges (interest and early redemption) come to 225 after 4 months - the services are worth about 500.

Hmmm...that sounds a bit of a scam - normally you can Withdraw (so no cost) from finance and still keep any incentives. Did it on a VW recently, although the service part of the deal cost 149 so I knew there was no problem with that.  I only took the finance to get the 2750 deposit contribution.  Got 500 on our 2014 Jazz but I kept that PCP going as it was 0%.

Having said that I do recall Toyota had a deal where they issued service vouchers annually but only if the PCP was still running, so maybe it a regular thing.

See what you mean - might look into it a bit further. The finance I have is HP.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: 2018 F1 season
« Last post by RichardA on April 19, 2018, 08:16:53 PM »
Gasly finished in 18th and Hartley failed to finish in the Chinese GP.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by mcderd on April 19, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
You're correct, there should be a download, it's 2018 after all lol.

I might just have to go and sit in the dealers with a manual and read, I know they have to know about all models, but I believe I know more about the new Jazz than the dealers I have been to and I have only been researching it for about 10 days  ;)
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Occasional thump from the boot area.
« Last post by Jocko on April 19, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »
I contacted Bridgestone, direct, and this is the reply I received:

Thanks for your mail, which has been passed to me for reply.

For this space saver tyre, if the tyre has been stored in good condition and is displaying no signs of ageing then it should still be suitable for emergency use. However I would stress that space saver tyres are a temporary mobility solution and if used, should be changed for a full sized tyre as soon as possible, driving for a maximum of 50 miles at 50mph.

As with any natural product, rubber does age and will become more susceptible to cracking as it does. The rate of ageing depends on how the tyre is stored and what it is exposed to. We cannot offer an official cut-off point at which a tyre should not be put into service but based on my own knowledge I would recommend changing a tyre of this type once it is 10 years from date of manufacture.

I hope this helps, and if you need any more info, let me know.

Best regards
Pete

Peter Moulding
Lead Field Engineer
Bridgestone UK Ltd
We are talking about a service plan here?  If so this is described in detail here http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/fixed-price-service-plan.html

Warranty covers totally different scenarios.

For example when I had an issue with my two year old CR-V, the center differential broke.  It was covered under the warranty but nothing to do with the service plan that I had.  The fact it was under warranty saved me some 2k.  Had it have been four years old then I would have had to pay every penny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10