Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Loose plug
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:01:59 PM »
Filament bulbs get dimmer as they age because the filament 'evaporates' and coats the inside of glass envelope with 'dark matter' (Stephen Hawkings should investigate).

The hanging plug could be for fog-lights - what sort of plug is it and what would it reach ?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Loose plug
« Last post by trebor1652 on Today at 06:39:24 PM »
Can't see the pictures, but on a slightly different tack,
The general consensus is to change both headlight bulbs and keep the 'old' as a spare, the thinking being a new and old bulb  could look a different colour.
Well that's what I was always told.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Loose plug
« Last post by finn_mccool on Today at 06:24:16 PM »
Changing nearside headlight bulb today I noticed this unconnected plug hanging there, and it feeds off the main lighting loom.

I swear I didn't see it when I changed sidelight bulb earlier in the year.  Everything there also seems to be working too.

Any ideas?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Hypermiling.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:55:17 PM »

Even with the number of starts and stops I do in a day I come nowhere near that of a doctor doing house calls, or a health visitor visiting patients. The manufacturers have built in a huge safety margin regarding wear and tear on the starting system. Cars with engine stop/start are fitted with AGM batteries, but that is to cope with a far greater stop/start cycle than I am looking at.
The guys on here that use their Jazz's for driving lessons will do 10 times the stops and starts in a day than I ever do. I would imagine their starter motors still last the lifetime of their cars (?)

Good point - with my 3,000 miles a year my starter motor probably gets quite a quiet life.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:53:02 PM »
We've already got a thread on Electric Cars but some drivers of these go in for a form of hypermiling. My mate reckons he has squeezed 100 miles out of his 24 kwh Nissan Leaf but he always was a slow driver.

Followed a tractor yesterday, with about 20 vehicles behind and he was going about 25mph in a 60 limit,  but he was being held up by a Nissan Leaf LOL

He was probably in "Turtle" mode where the car shuts the power right down just before the battery finally expires. 
As long as you remember that the Jazz is a (big) supermini  biased towards urban use you won't go far wrong. It is an adequate motorway car but it is not meant to be a lane three burner.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 05:36:11 PM »
We've already got a thread on Electric Cars but some drivers of these go in for a form of hypermiling. My mate reckons he has squeezed 100 miles out of his 24 kwh Nissan Leaf but he always was a slow driver.

Followed a tractor yesterday, with about 20 vehicles behind and he was going about 25mph in a 60 limit,  but he was being held up by a Nissan Leaf LOL
This is a very subjective question, and people will have very different ideas about what constitutes a refined motorway car.
I have a GD5. 1,2 litre and I am happy enough with it at 70. But it is purely subjective.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 05:03:33 PM »
I saw that this morning. Pretty dismal for green energy.
This is a very subjective question, and people will have very different ideas about what constitutes a refined motorway car.

Are you buying from a dealer in which case you should be able to test drive. Buying privately should still be able to try on motorway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything