Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New owners.
« Last post by andruec on Today at 11:10:18 AM »
I agree, some people don't like change, even if it is an improvement. I don't understand why some people buy a car because of the name on the car. I think a purchase as important as a car requires research and an extensive test drive before a decision is made. The only thing I did not like about the 1.3 was the Atkinson cycle but that can be driven around. I put my money where my mouth is an solved the bit I did not like by buying a 1.5. Having the facelift improvements was a bonus!
Totally agree.  If they put the 1.5 in an EX before my next change is due (March 2019), then that is the route that I will be taking.  Otherwise it will be an HR-V, subject to test drive and afordability.
If they raised the spec of the 1.5 - made the engine an option with an EX - I'd consider it. Best of all though would be the hybrid version that Malaysia has because that has the 1.5l engine.

As regards 7th gear whilst I don't know about the Mk3 on the Mk1 7th wasn't quite as long a ratio. That makes sense if you think about it. You don't want the highest discrete gear to include ratios in its nominal range that are barely useable. That compromises the whole box and selection of gearing. But with a CVT that's a none issue. As long as the physical size and layout of a CVT allows a given ratio you might as well do so until you get to ratios that are truly useless.

The CVT is also more readily and easily capable of adjusting. A manual driver could get fed up having to change from 7th down to 6th because of an incline on a motorway or a hill on a main road. But again that's not a consideration for a CVT because the driver doesn't care how often it adjusts the ratio and hopefully isn't even aware of it doing it.

So I would expect the longest gear ratios to only be available on the CVT equipped models.
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 10:39:44 AM »
I agree, some people don't like change, even if it is an improvement. I don't understand why some people buy a car because of the name on the car. I think a purchase as important as a car requires research and an extensive test drive before a decision is made. The only thing I did not like about the 1.3 was the Atkinson cycle but that can be driven around. I put my money where my mouth is an solved the bit I did not like by buying a 1.5. Having the facelift improvements was a bonus!

Sky whats the 7th mode like on cruising at 70mph will it take hills without having to change down or slowdown i mean as in that mode it must save on the fuel.

No idea, I am in Drive 99% of the time. The CVT will be in its highest ratio when cruising at any speed on a level road, it will reduce its ratio as required on an up grade. It really defeats the object of a CVT to use manual ratio selection except in specific (rare) circumstances. It does a better job than  a mere human so it is best to let it get on with it. Using cruise control the engine revs and CVT both vary to maintain the selected speed depending on the gradient.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk2 cvt verses mk3
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 10:31:58 AM »
You have to use the paddles to " change gear" yourself in Sport mode, otherwise it is just like Drive with higher engine revs for a more lively response to the accelerator. To get back to auto in Sport mode you hold the ""up" paddle for a few seconds.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 10:24:18 AM »
I notice that sunset orange seems to have a % following i myself would have liked the yellow in the sport but its not now available in uk it is in us.
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 10:21:33 AM »

Sky whats the 7th mode like on cruising at 70mph will it take hills without having to change down or slowdown i mean as in that mode it must save on the fuel.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: I feel like I belong on the forum now!
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 10:18:03 AM »
Picked up my Jazz today, an EX NAVI CVT with just 4 miles on the clock, so far I am very impressed, thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped me decide.

Hi mcderd its a nice forum and not sure if there are mods on it but long live honda power the power of dreams.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Jazz discs and pads
« Last post by desthemoaner on Today at 10:12:30 AM »
Thanks again, both.

Given that they are much cheaper than I expected, I'll definitely invest in an impact driver before starting the job. I might try to reuse the screws or even leave them off, given that with most cars the discs are held on by the wheels and brake assembly.

Note taken of the need for high temp grease on the sliders rather than Copaslip also, thank you.

Just waiting for the window of a whole day when I can start the job and finish it in time to do other stuff, and off I jolly well pop.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk2 cvt verses mk3
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 10:10:47 AM »
So in sport mode do you have to use the paddles or will it change for you.
« Last post by trebor1652 on Today at 09:42:54 AM »
I made the same point about the ex body earlier in the thread.
I like the'toys' in the ex and would have changed by now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Keys
« Last post by MicktheMonster on Today at 09:40:03 AM »
The remote fobs and built-on remote on the one key should all be programmable by yourself if they all still work, have power in their batteries and are the correct ones for your car, there is a code printed on the circuit board inside, these should all match. Details of process to program them all to the car are widely available on internet and youtube.
The lock on the fuel cap is purely a physical contraption your keys either fit or dont, probably your key or the lock in the cap has become worn or damaged enough for it to not turn the lock, can't see there is anything you can do about that unfortunately.
I assume (but DON'T know as a fact) that these keys have a transponder or chip of some sort that connects to immobiliser, guessing further your immobiliser is not programmed to receive one of the keys (or the key chip is damaged), I'm not aware of any way to reprogram these yourself without forking out at a honda main dealer, probably not worth the bother.
I did read something on line about disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, it was a bit vague but stated the electronics then try to reconnect to your keys.
Possibly worth leaving things as they are in case things get worse by tampering, at the moment you have 2 complete sets that allow you to open, start and refuel.
Good Luck and keep us updated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10