Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Holdcroft of Stoke on Trent deserve top marks - very good service..

Holdcroft taking over the franchise in the Chester area is the reason why I don't see our relationship with Honda continuing. 

Off the top of my head I can think of five customer service issues we've had and they haven't been there all that long.  Only had one problem in all the years we dealt with TwoMills and they seemed mortified they'd messed up and more than compensated for it by doing the next service FOC.   Holdcroft don't seem to care less - it's very noticeable how there are less Hondas around here than there used to be.

We bought our first Jazz from Holdcroft. A Honda approved Mk1 with 27k on the clock. It was due to have an annual service so this was to be done as part of the purchase package. I went to pick it up and was told the service was all done. Then I asked where the locking wheel nut socket was. It took them three hours to find it. Hmmm. Made me wonder about the service but they assured me it had been done, wheels off.

2000 miles later it had a health check at my local Honda dealer when it was in for some reason. They reported front pads down to the metal and discs needed replacing!

Pretty much confirmed my suspicions about the "service" it didn't have before I took delivery.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: My New MK3 Jazz
« Last post by t5nel on April 19, 2018, 10:50:46 PM »
I really question the benefit of the stop start function vs very short periods of idling.  I am pretty sure that, on startup, the emissions are worse (unburnt HC) and that the subsequent requirement to charge the battery will put further load (and therefore requirements for fuel) on the engine.  Of course there will be a point where it is more economical / friendly to kill the engine but I think stop/start is a pretty blunt tool for this so I typically disable it.

I am pretty sure that the main reason it is in there is to 'game' the urban fuel consumption as the test cycle includes a large amount of idling where the engine is effectively switched off for an extended period.

Tim
« Last post by John Ratsey on April 19, 2018, 10:29:30 PM »
The only annoyance with the idle stop feature from my point of view is when you pull into the drive, depress the brake thereby cutting off the engine only for it to start again as you go into park and take your foot off the brake.

I've solved this by turning it off as I approach my drive or any other situation where I am going to park. It's second nature to me now and I agree that the fuel and air pollution savings may be small but they are worthwhile.
My fix for this problem is to turn off the ignition before moving the gearshift out of D and taking my foot off the brake pedal.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Horn Relay Location
« Last post by Jocko on April 19, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »
I have a Mk1, and the Haynes manual shows the horn relay in the under bonnet fuse box!
Holdcroft of Stoke on Trent deserve top marks - very good service..

Holdcroft taking over the franchise in the Chester area is the reason why I don't see our relationship with Honda continuing. 

Off the top of my head I can think of five customer service issues we've had and they haven't been there all that long.  Only had one problem in all the years we dealt with TwoMills and they seemed mortified they'd messed up and more than compensated for it by doing the next service FOC.   Holdcroft don't seem to care less - it's very noticeable how there are less Hondas around here than there used to be.
Oh well thanks for that info. Most mornings no problem but did it twice to day.

The other thing that annoys me is having to hit OK each time I start the car to get the screen active. I am quite able to remember the warning message so I don't need to get it rammed down my throat each time I start the car.
Also if you ignore it the screen eventually goes off. Except for the time which is - barely - visible in the top right. If it defaulted to a full size clock I'd actually be happy to leave it.
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »

But what don't you like about the idle stop feature? It seems a shame for you to be constantly disabling it. It almost never causes me any problems and whilst it probably isn't saving fuel or reducing pollution by huge amounts it is helping. My only gripe with it is one you won't have in that on the CVT version you have to keep the foot brake pressed at all times to keep the engine off.

The only annoyance with the idle stop feature from my point of view is when you pull into the drive, depress the brake thereby cutting off the engine only for it to start again as you go into park and take your foot off the brake.

I've solved this by turning it off as I approach my drive or any other situation where I am going to park. It's second nature to me now and I agree that the fuel and air pollution savings may be small but they are worthwhile.
I've just learnt how much pressure it takes to trigger idle stop. You can bring the car to a halt and hold it there without idle stop triggering by just not not using full pressure. The other issue some people have is with it cutting out at roundabouts - the solution there is just to get better at understanding traffic flow so that you don't have to actually stop unless you really need to.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Microphones for hands free
« Last post by mcderd on April 19, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »
That's good to know, thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
Periodically I visit a customer where I have to drive up to a drop down barrier and press an intercom button for them to let me in.  It always cuts in then and always surprises me  :o
I park my car in the garage overnight. You should hear the bells and whistles when I drive in and out. Although as I mentioned once before it might be better if they came over the speakers as they are sometimes hard to hear over my music.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Last post by andruec on April 19, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
You're correct, there should be a download, it's 2018 after all lol.
This is a company that released a car with an infotainment unit built on a version of Android that had been superseded a several years earlier. Car manufacturers still struggle with IT. Most of their websites are clunky and poorly laid out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10