Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Smart Meters
« Last post by culzean on April 29, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
We have an Owl energy readout that when you put tariff in will give you readout of cost of your usage and also read out and live graph showing real time energy use,  it cost 20 and batteries have lasted 2 years so far.   Co-op energy also send you a reminder e-mail 4 times a year for a reading.
« Last post by VicW on April 29, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
Given that there is no real benefit and some potential downsides to having a smart meter I can't see what the attraction is other than not having to walk a few metres and read your meter 4 times a year.

We are with OVO and get monthly reminders for meter readings which we do. That's nearly as good as a Smart Meter which while it may constantly monitor your usage it only bills you at the most monthly.
Apparently of those people who have been conned into having Smart Meters, over 60% have already dumped the indoor usage monitor because it causes arguments and in any case you are going to keep warm and cook food regardless of what the meter says.

Vic.
« Last post by culzean on April 29, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
Given that there is no real benefit and some potential downsides to having a smart meter I can't see what the attraction is other than not having to walk a few metres and read your meter 4 times a year.

Let the early adopters suffer the teething troubles,  as I said before UK chose the least secure option by using radio / phone network, other countries use the power cables to carry the data and these are already going to everyones house that is connected to electricity supply - doooohhhh, what a no brainer.

This is a worry,  seems supplier can disconnect your supply via your smart meter.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5607490
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Rear wheel bearing codes
« Last post by Jeffyjazz on April 29, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
Does anyone know the actual bearing codes for the bearings On the rear of a jazz

I have lots of knackard ones that were the cheap eBay ones with Chinese bearings.   Annoyingly the Chinese don't laser the bearing codes on them.

I want to get some decent German bearings and replace them all so I have some decent spares for when the current Chinese ones fail in about a years time

Might be that my local bearing shop can just measure them but would be handy to have a code aswell
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rear wheel bearing for 23.95!!!???
« Last post by Jeffyjazz on April 29, 2017, 01:03:51 PM »
Just put on of these on about 20minutes ago

The last cheap one I put on last a year
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New Key for my Mk 2 Jazz / Fit
« Last post by TG on April 29, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »
I'n not aware of any obvious way, the remote entry transmitters are using 433MHz, but I don't know what frequency the immobiliser chip responds to.  Most key fobs for buildings or RFiD cards are 125KHz or 13.56MHz.  My phone will recognise my building and Visa, but not the car key.  Probably best to keep the existing 'valet' key and create a new remote key.
--
TG
« Last post by auntyneddy on April 29, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »
Given what I heard this am I am not sorry I have told EDF I do not want a smart meter.
Paul Lewis the Money Box Guru was talking about smart meters on Breakfast TV.
I hope I have this correct,  as the result of security issues a central networking hub is being set up and the second generation of smart meters are being prepared/rolled out.
Paul Lewis stated that NOBODY can deny or confirm that the first generation smart meters will work with the new system and he finished with the remark  'of course it can all implode' assuming he means the whole sorry saga will collapse.
If I have it wrong I apologize and look forward to any corrections because it all seems a bit airy fairy.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Tyre pressures and heavy loads
« Last post by auntyneddy on April 29, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »
I agree with Jocko.
On two separate occasions I have carried some garden materials in the Jazz. I loaded it between the front and rear seats ( god bless Honda's magic seats) and some in the boot. One suggestion, if you have the split boot floor with it's load restriction. I cut a piece of ply and put the boot floor in it's up position and laid the ply across the spare wheel.
I found the Jazz to behave extremely well albiet a bit lower.
Good camping and hope the weather is kind.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Tyre pressures and heavy loads
« Last post by Jocko on April 29, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »
Follow Honda's recommendation.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New Key for my Mk 2 Jazz / Fit
« Last post by City Guy on April 29, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »
The immobiliser chip (depends on territory if you have one or not, but European models do), and the remote locking are separate systems on the Mk1/GD but combined on the Mk2/GE.

An immobiliser ID46 chip can be chiselled out of the existing basic key and added to a new flip key or Honda/an automotive locksmith can program a new ID chip into the car's immobiliser memory.  In recent years another way has become possible; programmable blank ID46 chips and cloning tools have become available quite cheaply (e.g. CN900 for 99).  Whoever cuts the pattern in a new key blade will probably have their preferred way of doing it.

I'm guessing there are places in your city that can do this very easily and cheaply.
--
TG

I'm a tad concerned with chiselling the chip out of an existing key. I will try to clone an existing key onto a blank instead.

The problem I have encountered is that some ID46 chips are running 313mhz, and some are 433mhz.

Is there any way to tell what frequency my own key is?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10