Author Topic: Honda Jazz exhaust system  (Read 9809 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Honda Jazz exhaust system
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
Has anyone had to replace the exhaust on their Jazz yet?

We have two Jazz's in the family, and I thought it was a good idea to buy one exhaust to keep on hand in the garage and avoid the normal blown exhaust saga (your exhaust blows, it's too noisy to drive and you need the car every day so you just take it to Chemix, QuickFit, ATS or similar place and get an exhaust, they are made of tissue paper and are blowing again in no time).

I went along to local Honda dealer and asked for a price on genuine Honda parts (for my last Civic the Honda system cost about £50 more than aftermarket parts and were of a much better quality - the original one lasted about 4 years / 70K).

They said 'I will have to look it up because we haven't sold one yet'.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Honda Jazz exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »
Nope still on the same exhaust from new. Not so sure about keeping one in the garage unless you have access to a vehicle lift.

My dad's civic '02' is still on the same exhaust from new too. My previous car a Clio which I had from new still had the same exhaust even after seven years!

guest765

Re: Honda Jazz exhaust system
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »
In leeds we have the Longlife exhausts part of the national franchise,
you can get a price for the Jazz stainless steel  exhausts if you intend keeping the car and it comes with a lifelong guarantee for the life of the car, and its transferable if you sell it on.
Extra bits like polished ends and sporty exhaust tones are also sold there. Its a righ hot spot for the custom guys......it has depots in quite a few places too......worth asking for nothing!!!
www.longlife-exhausts.co.uk                  ;)

Tags: