Author Topic: Windscreen washer jets adjustment  (Read 7912 times)

guest4871

Windscreen washer jets adjustment
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
Before I make a complete pigs of this, please could someone advise me how to adjust the windscreen washer jets to get the spray to land on the right place on the windscreen of my Jazz EX 2014?

I have one NS jet off target. It delivers the windscreen wash but just too low to be useful.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Windscreen washer jets adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »
Use a pin or the unfolded end of a small paper clip as shown at http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Hood-Mounted-Windshield-Washer-Nozzles.

Remember that you need to aim high to allow for the effect of the wind when you are moving.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
good advice to use pin or paper clip, and I have had a bit of dirt stuck in the jet which caused it to direct the spray way off target.

By the way,  I got so fed up of my rear screen jet dumping most of the washer fluid vertically straight down the screen and onto the rear bumper that I turned the spray head  45 degrees  from its normal straight down position,  it then sprays across the screen and more of the fluid actually gets caught by wiper blade and does what it is supposed to do - clean the screen and not the bumper.  It may turn without slackening the lock-nut, but its easy to get to anyway.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:24:57 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
Thanks for this. I am comfortable using a pin in a jet nozzle.

This model seems to have a fan spray nozzle. There seems to be a slotted square head in the nozzle with no pin holes.

Has anyone adjusted a fan nozzle?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:20:39 AM »
I recall that I needed to adjust the jets on my Jazz HS. However, I can't remember what tool I used. If it wasn't a pin or straightened end of a paperclip then I probably used a small jeweller's screwdriver since i have them to hand. A set of the cheap ones doesn't cost much.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Gonzo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 1.4 SE Sport
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »
Hi there,

I have the same challenge with my mother's car....I can't seem to move the jets which are stupidly low on the screen. I've tried the pin, paper clip and screwdriver but stopped for fear of breaking something as the first two were bent trying.

Any tips here?

Thanks.

Tags: