Author Topic: Considering MK3 Jazz - Some Quick Questions  (Read 10158 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Considering MK3 Jazz - Some Quick Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »
Another of the HR-V's tricks is that the nearside mirror can be set to automatically dip to give a view of the kerb.
Oh I like that idea. Mind you I'd settle for wing mirrors that could rotate far enough to see the kerb  :(

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »
Another of the HR-V's tricks is that the nearside mirror can be set to automatically dip to give a view of the kerb.
Oh I like that idea. Mind you I'd settle for wing mirrors that could rotate far enough to see the kerb  :(

I can see the rear wheels in my Mk3 by tilting the mirror a bit, but I am quite tall which helps.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »

I can see the rear wheels in my Mk3 by tilting the mirror a bit, but I am quite tall which helps.
I'm average height and I can't. I could with previous versions but with the Mk3 I don't think I can see more than the top of the wheel arch. Certainly not the kerb. I prefer to reverse into parking spaces and it's annoying.

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »

I'm average height and I can't. I could with previous versions but with the Mk3 I don't think I can see more than the top of the wheel arch. Certainly not the kerb. I prefer to reverse into parking spaces and it's annoying.
Presume you have adjusted the mirror within the housing (using the clicks) to get best travel for the motorised movement?

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 04:27:24 PM »
Presume you have adjusted the mirror within the housing (using the clicks) to get best travel for the motorised movement?
No. I've just used the buttons on the arm rest.

mikebore

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 04:44:05 PM »

Well try using the armrest buttons to get lowest position then push on glass to get lower  by one or two clicks. At your risk! But I have adjusted mirror position on the clicks after overenthusiastic car washers have affected the position when cleaning the glass.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 04:46:41 PM »

If you want mirror to go further down,  push the bottom of mirror and you will hear clicks as you push it (don't worry you are not going to break anything),  this moves the mirror relative to the motor and will then allow you to adjust mirror back to correct position with armrest control, and next time you want to see your rear wheel or the kerb you can do that with the armrest buttons as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »
Wow guys thanks for the really comprehensive answers to my questions. That's a massive help.

Most of our driving will be for doing the school runs and going to the shops so the infotainment/satnav system isn't so important for us. It just needs to be reliable and has at least most of the features we have on our GD. One thing I forgot to ask is about the handbrake. We have a very steep front driveway and need a very strong handbrake. With our GD, leaving in gear only is not enough, the car still moves whereas with other cars it seems ok. I'm just wondering if the handbrake on the current model is good?

The ex-demo option is a good shout, we were attracted to the 0% finance deal honda has on at the moment as it meant we don't have to fork out so much right now but I think we'll definitely take a look into this as its quite a saving.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 12:02:37 PM »
If you go for the CVT option when you put it in P that is better than any handbrake. (I use both however).

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 07:04:29 PM »
My SE has power fold mirrors but they are controlled with a button on the armrest, not automatically with the ignition. The engine needs to be above 3,000 revs to produce decent power but is not a problem if you are prepared to use its rev range, low speed pottering gives economy, boot it and it will rapidly get up to motorway merge speed. I came from a powerful turbo diesel and don't have any problems.

On the HRV, when you look the doors from your keyfob, if you press the button a second time and hold it for a second or two, the mirrors fold in. Then when you open the drivers door next time the mirrors unfold. Does this not work on the Jazz 3?

Auto-fold mirrors are great while they work.  When the wiring snaps because it's worn out due to all that flexing, they're very expensive to replace!

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
Auto-fold mirrors are great while they work.  When the wiring snaps because it's worn out due to all that flexing, they're very expensive to replace!
Must take a lot of bending though. I park my car in my garage when I'm done with it so so mine get unfolded and folded over 300 times a year. My Mk2 survived four years of that without any problems :)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:17 PM »
I too have to fold my mirrors to get my car in my garage and that is most days and I have not had any wiring problems.
The wires to the mirror folding motor doesn't flex at all as it goes to straight to the motor in the mirror casing. The wires for the mirror up/down,left/right adjustment do have to flex a little when the mirror is folded but the wire length and routing allows for this.

Vic.

fut1a

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 EX the wifes
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »
The wife went from a mk2 to a mk3 cvt ex, and she loves it. I drive it occasionally and I find it as it should be, it's a small car that's big inside. It's not a performance car but it does what it says on the tin very well. If I want performance to go to the shops I will get the 911 out of the garage.

Like others have said take no notice of reviews.

Tags:

anything