Author Topic: Small details  (Read 10009 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Small details
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 02:34:29 PM »
I am still getting to know this new car. 
I still find difficulty with seeing quickly all the information in the dashboard.  I wear prescription glasses for distance so always on when driving but need to remove same to see what is right in front of me.  I will always miss the digital display of my  previous 2010 Yaris that gave speed, time and temperature in one easy to read screen. 

Varifocals are the answer. With light sensitive coating..  I'm long sighted so can't read instruments without them.

Once you get used to them, they are great.. Titanium frames and anti scratch coating = nearly indestructible - in normal use.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
Jazzygirl- I don't know if these would help keep your mirrors dry    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Car-Truck-Van-SUV-Side-Mirror-Rain-Board-Sun-Visor-Shade-Shield-Guard-Cover-/361063313555?hash=item54110cf093:g:Z3oAAOSwpdpVXXqu
 Not too expensive if they don't work.
I had them
They don't stay on
The tape provided doesn't work with plastic and the lip isn't deep enough for our mirrors so you might want to put new tape on if you go for them

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
I suppose I could cobble up some bit of a cover but the closing over of the mirrors would problably damage same.  I must trim down a squeegy...I think one I have for car is too big for neat swipe.

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 08:37:48 PM »
Petrol

Ok so now I have run down the tank and an audible alarm with large yellow petol pump symbol in appropriate place for same.  Also small red light on central screen?  One of my few criticisms of previous Yaris was the poor indication of low fuel when remaining bar just started blinking ... grey on grey = no use!  Oh and I have two bars of fuel left and am told there was 44 kms left in tank just before the yellow pump arrived to conceal this information.  I have not done a petrol consumption test but do feel perhaps less frugal than the yaris.  Still early days yet and too soon to do a real test?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
When my fuel gauge was down to 3 bars there was no low fuel warning. I then managed to fill with 36 litres which suggests there wasn't much left in the tank. The Mk 3 seems to be much less conservative than the Mk 2 in this respect. The latter was set up to claim the tank was empty when there was about 7 litres remaining.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 03:42:52 PM »
Ooops that red light on main screen is the immobiliser etc   :-[

Actually three yellow symbols appear in mileage/fuel display, concealing all previous info.  I got 33 litres in and near full now.  Even in daylight the petrol cap release lever is hard to find.

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »
Just noticed a small light illuminates the storage area in front of gear stick.

I seem to have upset my FM radio as the presets have disappeared. Car salesman set them up for me.  I did a 'scan' and now cannot seem to get back to the presets that were already there.  Yes had a look in the bible but  not making much sense of it  :(   I think there should be a version for 'dummies'.

And still it rains.... I notice a fair dribble of water runs down the inside of doors on opening.  Not much I can do about that? never noticed on previous cars.

Tags:

anything