Author Topic: Change to CD radio  (Read 6578 times)

guest775

Change to CD radio
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
Hello all, This is my first post on this forum so here goes I've recently fitted a 2008 CD radio into my 2002 plate Jazz and have encountered the problem of the aerial connector being of the square type.I have read elsewhere on the forum that an adaptor can be sourced from a company called Blue Spot but when I contacted them they said they do not supply any such adaptor as they are Blaupunkt agents.So basically I want to know if any of you good folks out there know where I can get a adaptor lead with the square plug to fit the rear of the unit and a female DIN connector to recieve the existing aerial. I've found a lead on the net from Autoleads PN. PC5-141 which is a two part lead one of which looks good but I don't want to spend out to find it won't work. So if anyone has done this conversion and can supply me with a part no. I would be very grateful.
Cheers all

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Change to CD radio
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »
Have you tried your local in-car audio experts?

guest775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
Yes I've tried all my local outlets and knowone can help,most suppliers can supply an adaptor lead to fit an aftermarket player but not a Honda to Honda which converts a DIN plug to the square type. I've had another thought aswell does anyone know if the later Jazz has a aerial amplifier, if so I will need an amplifier feed on the adaptor. The plot thickens I think.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
Better picture at this website:

The PC5-141 cable you have found is in two parts, to enable an FM modulator to be installed between the aerial and the head unit.  The lead was intended for newer Hondas which uses rectangular connectors.

But as you already have a round DIN connector on the end of your existing aerial lead, then it is reasonable to assume you only need to use the appropriate cable from this PC5-141 cable kit which would be inserted into the head unit.....???

Perhaps contact the supplier to clarify which grey rectangular connector is associated with the black shrouded round DIN aerial inline female connector?   

It's difficult to tell from the upper photo, but it looks to me that the round DIN female aerial connector is attached to the left-side grey male rectangular plug - which I guess inserts into the head unit.  If I am right, then this would indeed resolve your aerial wiring issue.

Anyone else got an opinion?

There is no aerial amplifier to worry about for 2002 and 2005 Jazz according to the wiring diagrams from my Jazz/Fit service manual.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:13:07 PM by bill888 »
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

guest775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:10 PM »
Thanks for the response Bill the one on the right looks like the one I would need but non of the suppliers I have contacted would say if this one would solve the problem. I wondered if any other members had used this one successfully. On a previous thread I think it was shorrock41 who had fitted a later CD and had the same problem perhaps if they read this I may get an answer. As the cable is £23 I would like to know before I risk it.
Regards Colin

guest775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
Decided to risk it and bought the Autoleads PN. PC5-141 two piece adaptor and used the one with the male connector to the rear of the unit. It works perfect! so if anyone decides to update their cassette radio to the later cd radio I can confirm its well worth doing, and the Autoleads PN. PC5-141 is the adaptor to use.Hope this helps.

Tags:

anything