Author Topic: Love my Jazz!  (Read 7032 times)

pennpeel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
Love my Jazz!
« on: October 21, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »
Had my 1.4 EX Jazz nearly two weeks now and must admit really pleased with it, bought it as a practical option, but have really taken to it. I get the jokes about my age and the stereo typical age group it's driven by, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's a little under powered but then I wanted an economical small car with lots of room and that's what I got.

Someone did say in the US it's marketed as a yonger persons family car, as it's so versitile I can see this, not sure it's right but I can see the logic, with so much space.

Shame it doesn't have DAB, but never mind.

A friend who drives a Volvo says he bought his Volvo because it's reliable, well built and usually well looked after by the type of people who buy them.

If I want speed I'll take out my motorbike or my wifes MR2 for every thing else there's the Jazz  ;D

guest4266

Re: Love my Jazz!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
Greetings fellow Jazz owner,

I have had my Jazz for just a year now and I can say that I am very happy with what I have. I was a 'dyed in the wool' Volvo man for 35 years because of its safety record and having a Volvo save my life in a terrible smash I had stayed with them, but, due to an illness, I had to change from manual (stick shift) to auto. Secondly, my wife's car had a major breakdown and was beyond repair. She was unable to drive the Volvo as her legs couldn't reach the pedals. Having experienced a Honda Fit in USA I became enamoured with it and on return we went ahead and bought a Jazz. A bit different to the huge Volvo but the Jazz 'minvan' has so many virtues it cannot have a comparison. I will enjoy this vehicle for as long as it will allow. Lets all hope you will too.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
Glad to see another satisfied Jazz owner.

You often hear that they lack driver satisfaction but I really enjoy driving mine. It is adept at the, mainly, town driving I do these days having reasonable responsiveness at low speeds. It's spacious and convenient as a load carrier too.

If I did loads of motorway driving, as I did in the past, I would want something a bit bigger and more powerful although the Jazz can hold its own here as well. I've noticed the "v tec" kick in nicely over 3500 rpm enabling you to accelerate quite quickly from 60 to 80 (rarely in my case!).

It can lack punch in the mid range but I can live with that.

pennpeel

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
I agree with you on the motorway bit must admit it gets a bit noisy on the 70 mph road, but I just turn up the stereo a little more. I think most small cars suffer in that respect to be honest. The Jazz alterantive like the Nissan Note and Corsa's are probably the same.

It does all I want, already got the roof rack for the canoe/ surf board so end of the month, off down the beach it is!

guest4324

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »
Had mine for 15 months now and really like driving it. The gear change is sweet, the fuel economy is great, it is comfortable even on longer journeys etc, etc! Most important is the 5* ncap safety rating as I have my mrs and 8 yr old daughter to think about, and the reliability is next most important.
As a "European" (even though I'm a true Brit!!), there's no stigma attached to driving small cars here, go to Paris or Rome and that's mostly what you'll see, young or old. I've not had anybody laugh at me yet but if they did - who cares, see how much you laugh when you have to change your DSG on your not so reliable BMW or AUDI. Eeexpensive - ouch.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »
Really nice to see people on a forum saying how much they like something rather than complaining.  I don't think the Jazz has any equal amongst its competitors for the range of things it can do - like a lot of Japanese vehicles they may not have the perceived 'pizzaz' or badge Kudos of other brands and they may not be outright best in all areas,  but they are superbly practical and reliable - and do not have any particularly bad points.   Jazz may be classed as an old persons car, but lets face it if you reach the average age of a Jazz owner and haven't worked out what is good value and worthwhile having, then you will probably never learn anything. Let younger people waste their money of frivolous stuff - if they are lucky they may gain the wisdom to know that when it comes to cars, Honda are the real deal.   I drive a Civic now,  but had a Jazz for many years, and if I behave myself my wife lets me drive her Jazz Si.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1521

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »
Honda Jazz... the little car that can.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
Honda Jazz... the little car that can.

But not so little on the inside.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

pennpeel

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
Yes alot of people have been suprised by how roomy it is, myself included, when they have got in it.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »
Yes alot of people have been suprised by how roomy it is, myself included, when they have got in it.

Not that it concerns me as the driver but the rear leg room for a small car is exemplary. Better than some bigger cars.

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
Being of a larger girth than most I was as surprised as anything about the amount of room offered to the driver in a Jazz. I have previously had cars with electrically alterable seats and was worried by downsizing.
I can fit my mum's wheel chair in-side with one rear seat lifted, with out gut busting effort and scraped boot paint.

guest907

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
I'm on my 6th Jazz since 2003. Love them and nothing goes wrong. Routine servicing and 2 front tyres before it goes, only ever had to put front brake pads on one of them for some reason. It is the big...small car, the very first time I looked at one in the showroom thought "looks small", until I got in!

Time for number 7 in the next few months...looking for bargains now.

Tags: