Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:24:55 AM »
Found this on YouTube. May be of interest to some of you. As a man who has completed dozens of laps of the Nurburgring, albeit on the Xbox, I found it fascinating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcepG9Twa_8
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:49:23 AM »
I agree. Even cruise control used to make me lose concentration.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: new honda jazz
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:48:14 AM »
Personally, I much prefer an automatic to a manual transmission, but I have no inclination for a CVT, or a DSG for that matter (though I do like the BMW version).
« Last post by culzean on Today at 08:25:00 AM »
http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/as-robots-take-the-wheel-driving-skills-begin-to-hit-the-skids

Seems that people already finding other things to do (other than watching the road) even in cars with the simpler 'driver assist functions' - accidents going up.  Seems a lot of them don't understand that emergency auto braking only works <20mph.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: new honda jazz
« Last post by culzean on Today at 08:19:31 AM »
IMHO 6 speed box is much better than 5 speed and Honda are making a mistake staying with a 5 speeder
I agree with that. I find myself reaching for the gear lever, thinking I am in 4th, when I am actually in 5th. A 6th gear would be great. And as many of you know, I have already made room for it in my box!
You still have to select your own gears? How quaint.  ;D

Surely its not so hard to understand that a lot of drivers prefer to interact with the car and not just be a bystander while it does everything for you.  I drove auto boxes and CVT for a lot of years,  just not everybodies cup of tea,  they are useful in towns and cities,  but I have very little reason to drive in those places.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Help with identifying engine noise
« Last post by Jem on Today at 01:55:17 AM »
That is hard to tell. It sounds like a decent rattle. I would hope it might be something like the exhaust blowing or rattling some how. I hope that is not from the engine. It does not sound like a heat shield to me as I had one recently rattle and it was a lot higher pitch and it was more noticeable when driving.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / new honda jazz
« Last post by Paulwhitt20 on August 17, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
The current 1.3 manual has a 6 speed box!

6th is only useful on the motorway and you have to change down to go up hills or overtake.  No torque at the low end of the revs.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Help with identifying engine noise
« Last post by Jocko on August 17, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »
Welcome, Paul. Very difficult to tell. Could even be an exhaust issue. Possibly catalytic converter heat shield. Heat shields are quite a common problem on Jazz's.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Help with identifying engine noise
« Last post by pg on August 17, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
Hi,

We've just bought a 2007 Honda Jazz CVT-7 with 75k miles privately. The car has full Honda service history including transmission fluid changed twice (last time a month ago) and behaved perfectly fine when we test drove it and on the way home. However, the engine now makes a noise that was not there before and I struggle to identify what exactly it is or how best to describe it. Having read through lots of other posts it seems like this could be anything from a clogged up oil filter to the engine being on the way out depending if this should be described as knocking, tapping,... etc. So I recorded the sound hoping you might be able to help?

Here are the short tracks:

Starting the engine (sounds mostly normal)
Slight revving. It might not be as noticeable from the recording but the sound responds by getting more frequent
Very slight revving
Idle - you can still hear the noise
Idle again but recording from underneath the the engine on the driver side

Only other bits I can add for now is that I've checked the oil (full), there are no warning messages or lights and that I had  the feeling it was getting better as the engine warmed up but haven't tested that properly so don't let that fool you. We filled up the tank on the way home with normal unleaded petrol from a Shell station.

Really grateful if you can help with suggestions about how best to describe the noise or what else I can do to identify the cause and get it repaired.

Many thanks,
Paul

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Honda connect app
« Last post by Clifford65 on August 17, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »
I noticed there is a Honda connect app for mobile phones (iOS ) ...anyone had much experience with it ... is it any good and what does it do ..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10