Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Air Con v Climate Control
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 01:09:27 PM »
I believe it was the Ford 100E that had the option of a manual gearbox with an electric clutch. When you placed your hand on the gear lever, the clutch disengaged. I have no idea how you started off!
My father was involved in changing one, on a mates car, to a conventional clutch
« Last post by culzean on Today at 12:10:01 PM »
no jumping or jerking as seems to be the case with Jazz if you don't take good care of fluid changes etc.
FYI only the Mk1 CVT Jazz has a clutch. Mk2 and Mk3 have torque converters (locking of course) so reliability/maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know what the iShift Jazz had but maintenance on that is easy and cheap.

The ishift was an automated manual gearbox and so had a standard clutch (also automated).
« Last post by andruec on Today at 12:05:07 PM »
no jumping or jerking as seems to be the case with Jazz if you don't take good care of fluid changes etc.
FYI only the Mk1 CVT Jazz has a clutch. Mk2 and Mk3 have torque converters (locking of course) so reliability/maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know what the iShift Jazz had but maintenance on that is easy and cheap.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Accident repair advice requested
« Last post by TG on Today at 11:27:53 AM »
The Chips Away / smart repair types are quite good at this sort of thing where it's just push, pull, hit and fill.

The arch liner trim comes off very easily, plus you can remove the boot liner panel to see the outer skin through the inner framework's many access holes.  Paint and sheen are an art where initial optimism rarely meets final results, so maybe best left to professionals.

Good luck.
--
TG
New Members / Re: Good Day !
« Last post by vincereynard on Today at 10:30:18 AM »
Welcome.
I owned a 1967 Lotus Elan S3.. great fun..
I assume yours is a  late model...

Looks like a 72.

Spot on! A late big valve 5 speed.   1972 Lotus Elan +2 S 130/5 to give it's full title.

I've been out in it 4 times and it has broken down twice because of the poor work and neglect of the "professional" restorers.

I'm nearly there with the engine rebuild.  (timing the twin cams!)

Vince
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: ABS light has started to stay on.
« Last post by vincereynard on Today at 10:19:43 AM »
You can test wheel sensors with a multimeter.
Disconnect the cable to the sensor at the in car joint (follow the wiring ).. and read the resistance on the sensor wires.

Infinity  = open circuit = broken wire.
Zero = short.
Normal = c 1.5K ohm (IIRC).

Usually passenger side front goes - water/grit

Thanks that is certainly worth a try.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 09:55:34 AM »
I would never have considered a CVT auto, probably an unreasonable assumption, but to me a CVT is a DAF 55/66, and older motorists know what they were like!

Yes, a very unreasonable assumption!

My wife had a Fiat with CVT,  and I have to say that the CVT was the best and most reliable part of the car.  The 'clutch' was interesting,  it was magnetic powder between two plate with an electro-magnetic  coil - when the coil was de-energised the powder just acted like a fluid and the plated slipped, as the clutch took up the drive the voltage to the coil was 'ramped up' and the powder solidified as the magnetic bits stuck together,  have to say the clutch was verrry smooth and trouble free - no jumping or jerking as seems to be the case with Jazz if you don't take good care of fluid changes etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_particle_clutch
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: ABS light has started to stay on.
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 09:55:00 AM »
You can test wheel sensors with a multimeter.
Disconnect the cable to the sensor at the in car joint (follow the wiring ).. and read the resistance on the sensor wires.

Infinity  = open circuit = broken wire.
Zero = short.
Normal = c 1.5K ohm (IIRC).

Usually passenger side front goes - water/grit
New Members / Re: Hello from Scotland
« Last post by Garyman on Today at 09:52:34 AM »
Hello and welcome Kenny  8)

Few modders on here (myself included  :P) so put a build thread up when you get a chance.

All the best

Gary
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10