Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Advice on a new buy.
« Last post by Denis on Today at 05:29:14 AM »
Is yours an eight plug car ? dont forget to replace the back four on the DSI !
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Transmission whine- uh-oh
« Last post by madasafish on April 24, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
Is there a difference between the genuine Honda transmission fluid for the first generation jazz and the second generation?

I'm keen on ordering online for the convenience of it turning up at the door- just checking there wasn't a change in oil types between the cars.

Cheers

The spec has been upgraded. It is suitable for both models.
« Last post by Bugjam1999 on April 24, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »
Is there a difference between the genuine Honda transmission fluid for the first generation jazz and the second generation?

I'm keen on ordering online for the convenience of it turning up at the door- just checking there wasn't a change in oil types between the cars.

Cheers
« Last post by Bugjam1999 on April 24, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »
Ok thanks all- have read this:

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=6465.0

And a fluid change as a flush and change again doesn't look hard at all, so I'll do that and see what happens- with genuine Honda fluid.

Shall report back afterwards...

Cheers
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: headlamp warning buzzer
« Last post by TG on April 24, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
Now that example uses a 4 pin relay but is it a 'normally closed' or normally open' one??
4 pin should be normally open, i.e. energise the coil (85 & 86) to close the switch (30 & 87) and power something else; on a 5 pin relay just ignore the N/C pin (87a).

I wish you luck but I know nothing about the Picanto so at this point I close with no warranty is offered or implied, the value of investments may fall, do not pass go or collect 200.
--
TG
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: headlamp warning buzzer
« Last post by JazzyB on April 24, 2017, 07:58:17 PM »
So to recap I intend to get a 4 pin relay as per the following example

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html  Scroll down to example No.2

Now that example uses a 4 pin relay but is it a 'normally closed' or normally open' one??

DIY Guides / Re: How to deal with Aluminium corrosion
« Last post by culzean on April 24, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
I doubt it's serious Neddy, it will probably brush off with a tooth brush.

Vic.

Yeah unlike steel oxide (rust) aluminium oxide does not flake off it stays put and protects metal underneath (aluminium oxide is very hard, they make abrasive paper, metal cutting discs and grinding wheels put of it.  If you are worried spray WD40 (one of the few things its good for) or ACF-50 onto it.
DIY Guides / Re: How to deal with Aluminium corrosion
« Last post by VicW on April 24, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »
I doubt it's serious Neddy, it will probably brush off with a tooth brush.

Vic.
« Last post by VicW on April 24, 2017, 03:52:30 PM »
Nab is right, the 2011 model has a torque converter clutch.
The service record has a space for gearbox oil changes but even Honda dealers fail to fill them in.
I, too, would suggest a fluid flush and change but emphasis only with Honda fluid. When drained and refilled for the flush it is essential that the gearbox is operated through its selections to ensure that all the nooks and crannies are flushed out.
There is plenty on here about CVT oil changing if you search.

Vic.
« Last post by nab on April 24, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
 Hi. When was the last time the CVT transmission fluid changed ???? :o It is supposed to be changed every 2 years and ONLY with the correct Honda fluid . I don't suppose that an independent garage would know or even do this???.
                              As for the clutch I don't believe your model has one it has a Torque Converter instead .
      I would try and find out when the last fluid change was or failing this have it changed and see if it makes a difference .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything