Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think the new Mk4 2018 Jazz with its 1.5 litres 128 bhp I-VETC engine, is going to be a much better bet
for the motorways, either in this country, or abroad.

Personally I don't like the look of the mk3 and mk4 looks like more of the same.  I do however like the look of the new Civic, after 2011 the Civic also got a bit strange, but have seen a couple of latest Civics and it looks Gooood!

The 1.8iVTEC 140bhp naturally aspirated engine fitted to Civic up till this year is a real Gem, very flexible and lots of oomph, and capable of good mpg.  Latest Civic has 129 or 182 turbo petrol ponies under bonnet.
The Mk3 I had on loan, a couple of weeks back was brilliantly smooth and quiet. Every bit as quiet as the CRV the month before that. Granted, it was brand new, with only 200 miles on the clock.

I think the new Mk4 2018 Jazz with its 1.5 litres 128 bhp I-VETC engine, is going to be a much better bet
for the motorways, either in this country, or abroad.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Chain or belt?
« Last post by jimhopper on Today at 08:40:48 PM »
Many thanks guys good to know.  :)
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Loose plug
« Last post by finn_mccool on Today at 07:54:10 PM »
Filament bulbs get dimmer as they age because the filament 'evaporates' and coats the inside of glass envelope with 'dark matter' (Stephen Hawkings should investigate).

The hanging plug could be for fog-lights - what sort of plug is it and what would it reach ?

Not for the foglights - they're separately fed.  Pictures now above.
« Last post by finn_mccool on Today at 07:50:53 PM »
Can't see the pictures, but on a slightly different tack,
The general consensus is to change both headlight bulbs and keep the 'old' as a spare, the thinking being a new and old bulb  could look a different colour.
Well that's what I was always told.

I may get a new pair and do them both.  I just wanted it changed as I can't bear to be that driver with only one functioning headlight, particularly as it's getting darker!
This is a very subjective question, and people will have very different ideas about what constitutes a refined motorway car.

Are you buying from a dealer in which case you should be able to test drive. Buying privately should still be able to try on motorway.

Well I did many motorway miles in my 1.4 GD,  from Shropshire down to Lands End and also up as far as Dundee in bonny Scotland,  also once a month I did M54 / M6 / M5 / M42 / M40 return trip from Shropshire to our companies head office in Thame Buckinghamshire.  Have to admit it was an easier Journey in the Civic (Civic is hardly affected by 'bow wave' of large lorries on motorway and crosswinds in general),  but I have also driven to Scotland and Cornwall in my wifes GE 1.4 Jazz (it has cruise control and the Civic doesn't) without a problem.   Have not driven a MK3 so cannot comment,  but I bet it is a better ride then GD / GE.
Subjectively, I find my Jazz acceptable at 70 on the motorway, you don't have to shout to be heard by back seat passengers.  Can't comment on 80 as that would be breaking the law.  However my Rolls Royce and my wife's Jaguar are quieter ;D
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:01:59 PM »
Filament bulbs get dimmer as they age because the filament 'evaporates' and coats the inside of glass envelope with 'dark matter' (Stephen Hawkings should investigate).

The hanging plug could be for fog-lights - what sort of plug is it and what would it reach ?
« Last post by trebor1652 on Today at 06:39:24 PM »
Can't see the pictures, but on a slightly different tack,
The general consensus is to change both headlight bulbs and keep the 'old' as a spare, the thinking being a new and old bulb  could look a different colour.
Well that's what I was always told.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything