Author Topic: Intermittent knocking on Honda Jazz  (Read 3577 times)

guest4203

Intermittent knocking on Honda Jazz
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
I have a 2008 Honda Jazzwhich has a problem with knocking from the rear end. What makes it difficult to diagnose is that it is not consistent - sometimes it is barely audible, sometimes it Is very loud and sometimes it disappears altogether for months on end and then returns. I had it in the garage last year and they couldn t find out what it was. Any ideas?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Intermittent knocking on Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »
Have you checked for any loose stuff in the boot e.g. spare wheel, jack etc...

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »
Start by emptying boot of everything including wheel cover. If a sound persists, suspension. If not add bits singly until it returns..

Jem

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz sport 1.4 In blue! :D
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »
It could be your brake pads. Some guys at work were talking about the fact he had just had his Ford serviced and new pads put on and now it clunks when he brakes (I have the same thing on my Jazz) It turns out it the garage used generic pads and not Ford ones and they don't fit 100% so they clunk. Its not a problem but just makes a noise sometimes when you brake as the pad moves slightly.

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
thank you for that jem,. I know its not the pads, its inside the back of the car, sounds a bit like the door is creaking, all the door fittings seem to be tight, I will have to just put up with it.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 07:29:08 AM »
Why don't you lower the back seats and have someone lie in the back whilst you drive.  Maybe you can pinpoint the source more accurately that way.  I'm thinking of an 8 year old who will have good hearing and is more flexible
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: