Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weak handbrake on cars fitted with rear disc brakes
« Last post by culzean on April 27, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »
My daughter had a Vauxhall Frontera, a goodly number of years ago, and it had wide sports wheels. Even with its knobbly tyres and four wheel drive it was useless in the snow.

True,  the extra weight of many 4WD vehicles works against them in slippery conditions because the heavier the vehicle the more power has to be put through tyre contact patch to climb a slope,  and also braking can be a problem with extra weight overcoming any grip the tyres may have.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Auto Express fleet Jazz.
« Last post by Deeps on April 27, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »
I have now sprayed the other window vertical seals with silicone, all moving smoothly and faster.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: How to deal with Aluminium corrosion
« Last post by culzean on April 27, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
Sometimes zinc or passivated zinc steel bodies are used for motors,  these can also develop a powdery white coating under certain circumstances,  try the motor with a magnet to see if it is aluminium or zinc coated steel - if zinc coated I would not clean it too vigorously and risk removing some of the zinc coating,  rather just wipe it over and use WD or other sticky coating to keep moisture away.
New Members / Re: Welcome from Northampton...
« Last post by RichardA on April 27, 2017, 08:14:10 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
DIY Guides / MOVED: How to deal with Aluminium corrosion
« Last post by RichardA on April 27, 2017, 08:13:44 PM »
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weak handbrake on cars fitted with rear disc brakes
« Last post by Jocko on April 27, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
My daughter had a Vauxhall Frontera, a goodly number of years ago, and it had wide sports wheels. Even with its knobbly tyres and four wheel drive it was useless in the snow.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Replace flanged caliper bolts
« Last post by monkey64 on April 27, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »
The old caliper bolts have rounded edges and I would like to replace them.  If I keep reusing them they will become too difficult to remove...  I replaced the brake pads on a Clio the other day and new caliper bolts came with the pads.  The Eicher ones I bought for my Jazz don't come with any extras, which is a shame.

I saerched for "Jazz Caliper Bolts" but I couldn't find anything.  The http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00D14300014791MDAT10.HTML online Jazz manual shows them to be 8 x 1.25mm but there is no length specified.  Is there anything special about these bolts and does anyone know where I can get some? 

Thanks in advance.
and the huge narrow tyres were very comfortable and superb in snow.
Modern cars are fitted with wide, low profile tyres, which in my opinion swap comfort for style and a bit extra grip in the dry.

and useless in thick snow..
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rear wheel bearing for 23.95!!!???
« Last post by zemax on April 27, 2017, 02:39:10 AM »
I have one of those cheap 24pound bearings as well, No difference to the original!
Def. a Good part..
« Last post by Jocko on April 26, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
I have steel wheels on my Jazz and the discs are immaculate. I have no idea how long they have been on the car, but I have had the car for 9 months and I know the dealer who sold it to me didn't replace them, as he was very careful to detail every thing he had done to the car and itemised everything he had fitted.
I have also found that narrower, higher profile tyres are always quieter and more comfortable. I had a SAAB 99 (two in fact), and the huge narrow tyres were very comfortable and superb in snow.
Modern cars are fitted with wide, low profile tyres, which in my opinion swap comfort for style and a bit extra grip in the dry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10