Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weird steering problem!
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 08:42:11 PM »
Depend on what you have to pay for the ECU.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Weird steering problem!
« Last post by DamFit on Today at 08:25:03 PM »
Connectors on the EPS (on the steering column) unplugged and inspected. Everything looks OK.
Connectors on the ECU connectors looks like new and no signs of corrosion.
Some heavy rain came so I couldn't didn't have time to do any measurements.

I'm thinking about two options:
1. Replacing the ECU if a manage to get my hands on a used one.
2. Go to a Honda dealer and have them do a diagnostic to hopefully point out what has to be done.

What do you think?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Aftermarket radio and replacement
« Last post by piercedpanda on Today at 08:04:54 PM »
Thanks!
Just took a quick read, but I still havenít found how those rings around the heater controls (the ones with the symbols on) are switched to the new fascia.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 07:44:57 PM »
I have a Dyson vacuum cleaner and it is brilliant. Been using it for a few years now. Even the battery lasts well, which surprised me.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:35:08 PM »
I see Dyson have announced they are investing £2bn to start building battery powered electric cars. He will have a car ready by 2020. Seemingly a team of 400 engineers have been working on the project for the past 2 years. He is keeping his cards close to his chest on details.

Hope the cars are put together better than his vacuum cleaners.  Is he expecting to clean up the market ? Wonder why he hopes to succeed where the silicon valley whizz kids have failed ? Car makers have the skills to make cars, they can buy in any tech they need.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Strong exhaust fume smell near front of car
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:43:58 PM »
Honda fuel filter in the tank is a lifetime one, as confirmed by Honda dealer.
This information did not come from the Haynes manual but from the service book for my car. It is shown as part of the 9.000 mile service intervals. The information about most people leaving it does come from the Haynes manual.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:33:10 PM »
I see Dyson have announced they are investing £2bn to start building battery powered electric cars. He will have a car ready by 2020. Seemingly a team of 400 engineers have been working on the project for the past 2 years. He is keeping his cards close to his chest on details.
Honda fuel filter in the tank is a lifetime one, as confirmed by Honda dealer.  Trouble with Haynes manuals is that some of the information is generic.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Plug job
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 05:45:37 PM »
My 1.2 i-DSi has eight plugs. 4 at the front and 4 at the rear. The only saving grace is you don't have all the dismantling to do to get at the, that you do on the VTEC.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Plug job
« Last post by coffeecup on Today at 05:26:45 PM »
Anyone thinking of changing their own plugs on this awkward access engine, well just had a look at my 2010 1.4 iridium plugs, car only done 36k and they should be good for 60k, however i'm a nosey bugger and wanted a look.

Just take off wipers and unclip plastic cover (easy) then undo about 10 bolts on metal panel underneath, this then lifts out and your there. Unclip and unbolt coils one at a time and out they come.

All mine where like new.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything