Author Topic: Honda parts - online exploded view drawings?  (Read 12611 times)

Aitcho

Honda parts - online exploded view drawings?
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
Apart from Lings are there any other UK Honda dealers who have 'online' exploded view drawings for spare parts?

Lings use their own spare parts 'numbering system' rather than Honda's parts numbering system with their exploded view drawings which I can understand as they would like visitors to their site to buy from them.

I have visited a US Honda dealers website which also uses exploded view drawings but they use Honda's parts numbering system which is useful for parts that are the same on the US Fit and the UK Jazz.

If I have a genuine Honda parts number it allows me to call various dealers to get the best quote on a particular part instead of asking if they have a 'Thingy' which attaches to the 'Whatsit'!  :)

A genuine part number would make my life and the dealers a lot easier.

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
Re: Honda parts - online exploded view drawings?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
This is difficult because you have some parts that are global (like clips and other things) and local parts thats the Part number is different.

Usually I call any dealler and I ask directly the price and the part number.
So with the part number I can check what is better, import or buy locally.

This site is nice to see the exploded view, but there are no Part numbers (just PFKL)
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
This site is nice to see the exploded view, but there are no Part numbers (just PFKL)
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/

That is the site I had already visited which is 'Lings Honda' the part I required the Honda parts number for was eventually ordered from them.

The problem I found was that my Jazz is a 2012MY and their on-line system does not recognise the year or my cars registration number.

Seeing that the part I wanted was a global item I visited a US dealers site inputted the details for a 2012 Honda Fit and from their exploded drawings I was able to get the original Honda part number.

Using that part number enabled me to order on-line from Lings although this will only work for a global part, of course I could have phoned them but as I was busy on my computer it was quicker to place the order on-line with them.

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »
^ only problem i have is after entering my reg and country im from, it wants me to select the one that ive got...but i has both air con and a sunroof...no option for it -__- (1.4SE lol)

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »
Brilliant! How did you discover that?

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
by accident  :) googling part number I was brought to the same site but with part numbers, eventually worked out the difference

Tags: